Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

What hormones are important to NBE?

What hormones are most important to be in balance for NBE? I am making a list of everything I should test for.

Estradiol
Progesterone
Testosterone
Thyroid
Adrenals
HGH

Anything else I need to test that would affect breast growth? Iron levels? Metal toxicity? Blood sugar? Other vitamins?

In short: EVERYTHING.

One more specifically: prolactin.

It's also important to get a full panel at LEAST twice in a cycle, once in the middle of follicular, and the other in the middle of luteal.

How does prolactin contribute to breast growth? When I read about it, it sounded like it was only important if you're breastfeeding.

(07-11-2013, 10:18 PM)sweetpea Wrote:  How does prolactin contribute to breast growth? When I read about it, it sounded like it was only important if you're breastfeeding.

There are different kinds of glandular tissues in the breast. Some respond to estrogen most, some to progesterone most, and some, specifically the milk ducts, respond to prolactin the most.

It's important that your prolactin is slightly elevated, but not dramatically, and that it doesn't coincide with elevated progesterone and low estrogen. The lattermost causing milk production as in pregnancy and breastfeeding.

I'm looking into gettting my hormones tested (by saliva home testing), in which I'm going to test for Estradiol, Progesterone & Testosterone. I haven't come across HGH or prolactin in the tests you can choose to have done. Where can you get these ones?

"once in the middle of follicular, and the other in the middle of luteal" - Is this day 3 and 21?

I haven't come across a prolactin test either, but I found an HGH test here http://www.healthtestingcenters.com/atho...otkit.aspx

This site also has a bunch of tests!
http://www.truehealthlabs.com/lab-tests/

Estradiol and progesterone are the most important, but prolactin, HGH, insulin and IGF are also important. Probably all the others a little bit too. Likewise every vitamin and mineral is at least loosely involved but vitamin D and calcium are probably the big ones. If you take your saliva pH in the morning or at least 2 hours afer eating it should be 6-6.5 if those are right. B vitamins are important to making hormones yourself... and somebody could probably go on endlessly about what else is good for what.

Thank you surferjoe, that is very helpful!

Anyone know where to find a prolactin test online?

(08-11-2013, 10:57 PM)djt-d Wrote:  "once in the middle of follicular, and the other in the middle of luteal" - Is this day 3 and 21?

Oh, Sorry! I only just noticed this question!

That should work OK, or, even better, ~13 (ovulation) and 21. We mostly want to know your two peaks, we can't do too much about the valleys other than just take nothing.

MOST doctors when doing a panel are going to want to know the two extremes. Your lowest everything, day 3, and your highest P, second highest E, day 21. Which gives us a fairly decent idea as well, but the two peaks give even more.

IF you can afford to do it thrice, then 3, ovulation, 21 would give the most complete picture.

Thank you AbiDrew

I can't afford 3, I am stretching doing the 2 (unless I can find one from the UK where it will be cheaper than buying from the US), so I'll do day 13 and 21.

Many thanks again AbiDrew for all your kind help

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon