Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Pueraria Mirifica - Please clarify how to use?

Hello! Sorry if this bothers anyone that I didn't put this in the Pueraria Mirifica section of the forums - but it seems like these forums are not very active at all and I figured it might get seen quicker in here... and it is still a herbal breast enhancement topic .. ;-)

Anyways! Onto my question. I've given some other herbs a try now for a few weeks, at first I noticed a lot of tingles - but within a few days that went away, even after upping the dose and adding other stuff, I feel nothing! I'm really considering giving Pueraria Mirifica a try but am so confused on the proper way to use it! There seems to be a few different routes one can take.

I am on Birth Control pills, in case that makes a difference to the way I take it.

Do I

a) start it on the first day of my period and take it for 2 weeks
or b) take it everyday of the month?

Some input please!

You can see what works better for you maybe even taking it days you take the pill it depends on the type of birth control when I was on depo provera I took half the dose everyday and it really worked well for me its possible to take without cycling on bc because you don't have a true cycle but you need to see what works best for you.

(05-11-2013, 07:26 PM)Amber2013 Wrote:  Hello! Sorry if this bothers anyone that I didn't put this in the Pueraria Mirifica section of the forums - but it seems like these forums are not very active at all and I figured it might get seen quicker in here... and it is still a herbal breast enhancement topic .. ;-)

Anyways! Onto my question. I've given some other herbs a try now for a few weeks, at first I noticed a lot of tingles - but within a few days that went away, even after upping the dose and adding other stuff, I feel nothing! I'm really considering giving Pueraria Mirifica a try but am so confused on the proper way to use it! There seems to be a few different routes one can take.

I am on Birth Control pills, in case that makes a difference to the way I take it.

Do I

a) start it on the first day of my period and take it for 2 weeks
or b) take it everyday of the month?

Some input please!

I intend to use it from day 4 after my period starts up for 10days. Divided dose 2x a day ie 500mg morning 500mg evening.

Then based on temperature, once I ovulate for 7days 1\2 the dose ie 250mg 2x a day. I'm making my own capsules for with non extract PM powder.

However since your on BC, I would maybe everyday since you don't ovulate. Use a backup form of protection, just in case they phyto estrogen causes you to ovulate!! Maybe an iud. Your doc may question you and may not understand PM. Say you just want it 6-12months.

I haven't heard anywhere phytoestrogen effecting BC where did you read this?
I wouldnt think it would effect it since most BC are estrogenic anyway maybe it depends on the type? She should probably look further into because i have never heard of it causing a problem rather than go on double the BC that makes no sense at all.

I haven't seen any but PM is very unique in its phytos. Even though Soy phyto's have some data on it its still way less potent and so close to natural estrogens.

Depending on the type of BC, it might.

Either way when you playing with hormones, I'd use a 2nd form of protection if BC was your only one. If your not a wanting a child, better to be safer then sorry.

Be horrible if you miss a dose and the drop in phytoestrogen triggered an ovulation...

I still don't think 2 BC is a sensible option especially since no ones heard of anyone getting pregnant because of pm but if it was a big concern you would surely just switch BC rather than be on 2 at the same time I don't think most doctor s would allow that without good reason anyway as it would be even more dangerous 'playing with hormones' than taking pm. You can't tell someone to take twice the BC we aren't doctors it could be much more harm than good if she is concerned she should either add a non hormonal bc method or show her doctor the pm pills she doesn't even need to admit to taking them for nbe just for hair skin and nails as that's another great effect of pm.

2 BC isn't Sensible....what? Many still use condoms with OCP.. The pill isn't 100% effective...

The whole point of certain NBE approaches is to trick your body hormonally.. In ways that have never been classically studied. No one knows what effects it has. I read one studied where soy isoflavones attentuate fsh and lh ovulation even when taken consistently without a missed dose!

By upping your estrogenic response so greatly with PM, you honestly do not believe there will be downstream effects on homoestatic pathways that could result in triggering FSH and LH?

So what do you think will happen when you miss a dose or day (2 doses) accidently and suddenly all those locked in recepters full of PM free up..bang, natural human freely circulating 17b-estro drops like a tank as it binds to the previous locked ones as PM binds way stronger then 17b.. Look at a menstral period chart and see exactly what happens when elevated estrogen suddenly drops in 1 day...

If you are married or with a partner and ok with having an expected child.. Great.

If you are dating (casually) or in a long term relationship but not prepared to have a child... That's a huge risk.

Sometimes I find on this forum people really take herbs very lightly almost as if they are harmless... But many of them they are immensely powerful and PM falls into category and in some cases more effective then FDA approved drugs. Just look at how quickly men are putting on breast tissue in less than 1 year..

PM was never used traditionally at the doses needed for breast enhancement, it was used for longevity and youthfulness.. Ie memory boost, darkening grey hair to black, anti-wrinkles etc. Assistance for menapausal and post-menapausal women. There are some benefits for men at a 0.5-1mg per kg of raw unextracted tuber. For women. The dose was no higher then 2mg per kg. For 110lb women, that's 100mgs. For nbe, we're talking 10x that amount. That's not a dose that native Thai and Asian populations have used for centuries..

But what do I know... I'm only a dual degree pharmacology and toxicologist with a focus in pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of 3 compartment drug modelling.

Yes condoms don't effect hormones though but you don't want the potential side effects from an IUD and BC pill that's unnecessary messing with your body you pick one or the other.
Have you even had success with nbe anyway? I have and sure didn't get pregnant of course be careful but don't be ridiculous about it.

Pueraria and other herbs have been used for breast enhancement a long time for men and women.

Some people do not like condoms, taste, smell, allergy, lack of intimate feeling both physical and psychological. So an iud could be a real option for short term use. I personally do not feel its a good option for long term use but that's just my opinion and women need to weigh all options and works best for them and their needs.

I was just a few weeks away from starting, was locking down some of herbs locally when I got pregnant. 36weeks. I did do some massage with and without fso, rockamelon (sp?) ringtone and noticed some swelling but wasn't consistently doing the massage. I really was hoping to try the deer technique but can not do while pregnancy or lactating.

I do have PM on hand now but with a boy on the way, I won't be using it until after I'm done breastfeeding for 1-2yrs. I was diagnosed with pcos so we are thrilled beyond the moon that it happened, and hopefully we'll find success again. So my journey is sidetracked for now. Pregnancy has provided NBE thus far with 1 cup increase. Hopefully, an additional cup once I give birth..

Researching now how to try and retain the size after weaning and galactologues.

What's your definition of a long time..

Millennia
Centuries
Decades
Years

As far as I have been to gather.. At most 40yrs.. Even then it was a local distributed product so not very many women actually did so for 2-3cup increases that were looking for today. More uplifted and more youthful breasts sure.. The Thai did so and neighbouring communities.

This focus of using it 10x the native dosing has only really been the past 25years or significantly less. Most of the work was done and purifying extractions.

From browsing of forums and speaking with distributors, the vast majority of women give up due to unrealistic expectations of how much time it takes and loose patience.. The fast responders are not a representation of the masses unless you're a male or andro dominate female.

So in my opinion, a couple decades and small population pool of dedicated user is probably significant smaller then what you eluded to.

Sure its higher then the 6 that FDA requires for 1st in man work..
Sure its appears safe and well tolerated if taken at 1g per day or less by the majority of women and men
Sure there is a lot marketing suggesting wild claims..
Sure there are a lot of adulterated products on the market..

Very very very very few women take PM only to back up wild claims by companies and marketers...

I definitely think for most of us nbe interested parties its a very good ingredient with a decent safety profile and real possibilty of working to an extent.. My natural estrogen levels are through the rough for 8+ months, my glands and lobules are all primed and I only gained a 1cup increase... Had I done PM only, that's probably the best result I would have acheived if I didn't include other methods. Still better then what I would have started with and did not need to put 2 foreign objects in me, disfigure my breasts and potential for issue later.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon