Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Please help...

Hi all,

I've been taking fenugreek,saw palmetto and wild yam herbal pills, each herb being a total of 1725 mg daily. I also take a dropper of fenugreek extract in tea daily with a multivitamin and flax seed oil and sometimes the occasional massages if I have the time. It's been 6 weeks and there hasn't been any progress since I've started but I know that it takes much longer for those that start off with practically nothing, so I'm willing to do this for 4-6 months.
I was just just wondering if i can have your input and advice about the times to take the herb and with what liquids. Is it best to wash these pills down with water, juice or milk? I've been taking these pills just before I have my meals. Is this the best time to have them or should I really be having them half hour/hour before meals?
Another question would be should I take a higher dosage of these herbs or should I try and consume more foods that are higher in phyto estrogens?

Any answers and advice would be greatly appreciated as it gets quite dis-couraging when you haven't had the slightest bit of progress.
I guess I just have to be really patient and persistent!

Thanks again!Big Grin

(01-11-2013, 04:56 AM)sammiek Wrote:  Hi all,

I've been taking fenugreek,saw palmetto and wild yam herbal pills, each herb being a total of 1725 mg daily. I also take a dropper of fenugreek extract in tea daily with a multivitamin and flax seed oil and sometimes the occasional massages if I have the time. It's been 6 weeks and there hasn't been any progress since I've started but I know that it takes much longer for those that start off with practically nothing, so I'm willing to do this for 4-6 months.
I was just just wondering if i can have your input and advice about the times to take the herb and with what liquids. Is it best to wash these pills down with water, juice or milk? I've been taking these pills just before I have my meals. Is this the best time to have them or should I really be having them half hour/hour before meals?
Another question would be should I take a higher dosage of these herbs or should I try and consume more foods that are higher in phyto estrogens?

Any answers and advice would be greatly appreciated as it gets quite dis-couraging when you haven't had the slightest bit of progress.
I guess I just have to be really patient and persistent!

Thanks again!Big Grin

hi that's similar to a programme i started with greenbush. at 6 weeks i stopped as i found all the pills too much and i swear i was having kidney issues with that programme . the feedback on that programme was anything from one month to 6 months to see results (sounds forever huh).
i was told to take the pills before eating so your body isn't competing with food to digest the pills etc and take them with orange juice, the OJ helps with absorption. Massage as well. I'm doing all the above, been on the programme for 7 weeks now, and although i don't have measureable results, mine do jiggle some now which i never had and now i have really good cleavage with the right bras. almost to the point it looks like im a B cup, i am an A cup.
don't give up too soon! oh and take protein drinks to help with weight gain Smile

have you tried the PM spray? or cream? worked better for me then the others you mentioned.
ANNIE

Hi, thanks for your replies! It's definitely too soon to be giving up...
Anne, if u don't mind me asking, what pm cream do u use and do u use it daily?

Cheers,

I took the herbs for a year or two and had zero growth. Now that I am taking herbs and massaging and noogling all the time I have had considerable growth. Lesson learned: do not expect growth from herbs alone. You must stimulate also.

(01-11-2013, 05:31 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  don't give up too soon! oh and take protein drinks to help with weight gain Smile

If you want to gain weight, just consume more calories. Don't know why protein shakes got that rep... they will help increase your BMI only if you exercise with it. They do provide essential amino acids for growth, though. But gaining weight? Calories, my friend.

(04-11-2013, 10:11 AM)timarie Wrote:  
(01-11-2013, 05:31 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  don't give up too soon! oh and take protein drinks to help with weight gain Smile

If you want to gain weight, just consume more calories. Don't know why protein shakes got that rep... they will help increase your BMI only if you exercise with it. They do provide essential amino acids for growth, though. But gaining weight? Calories, my friend.

After I gave birth I lost ALOT of weight 10kgs, was very unhealthy infact. I was told to eat obviously but to also take protein powder so went to a sports supplements shop and asked for something high in vitamins etc and that I needed to gain "all over" healthy weight, he gave me one specific to my personal needs and it seemed to work for me. I was having trouble eating large amounts at the time so helped tremendously.

When I tried BO, I was really into the program. I am rather a slim build, so I didn't mind the risk of gaining a little weight when I was directed to add protein. I tried to eat better and I started on the suggested nbe protein shakes. I gained a little weight (I am blessed metabolically), but the anticipated nbe effect wasn't happening with the extra boost of pricey, high quality protein shakes. My nbe counselor suggested I increase my protein shakes. Then- BOOOOOOOM! My gosh! It was outta control because I had gone past the point my body could handle the digestion and it was turning into weight gain. I was very pear-shaped anyway, tending to gain weight below the waist. But it was almost hilarious! I am not kidding you when I say that my bottom became SQuaRe! It was huge below the waist- legs and butt! Talk about shelf action! Also, the gas passing was unrecommendable. I almost floated away. Lol. After a few weeks, I cut it back again to one shake and worked on my shape. Hehehehe.
Good luck y'all.

(04-11-2013, 06:21 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  
(04-11-2013, 10:11 AM)timarie Wrote:  

After I gave birth I lost ALOT of weight 10kgs, was very unhealthy infact. I was told to eat obviously but to also take protein powder so went to a sports supplements shop and asked for something high in vitamins etc and that I needed to gain "all over" healthy weight, he gave me one specific to my personal needs and it seemed to work for me. I was having trouble eating large amounts at the time so helped tremendously.

Right, of course it did. Because it increased your calorie intake.

I did not say that it wouldn't work for weight gain. What I was trying to say (and looking back realize I was not very clear in how I wrote it) was that what is special about protein powder is the protein which can help you raise you BMI with exercise. Just as an increase in calories of anything else will help you to put on weight, so will it. I just think it is an expensive supplement to take if one only wants to gain fat weight, as that can be done by increasing caloric intake regardless of the source. Any high-calorie drink/shake would have served your purpose for weight gain.

(05-11-2013, 09:46 AM)char Wrote:  Also, the gas passing was unrecommendable. I almost floated away. Lol. After a few weeks, I cut it back again to one shake and worked on my shape. Hehehehe.
Good luck y'all.

Haha
The increase in lactose (as I am assuming you were drinking normal whey protein, NOT isolated or hydrolyzed whey) probably irritated your digestive tract and you became lactose intolerant. The same happened to me! I was not able to cure the gas until I switched to a hydrolyzed protein powder and lactose-free milk.

How did your breasts fair from that program? And was this NBE counselor from Breast Nexus (or do you live somewhere where a NBE counselor actually exists?!?)?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon