Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hi! - New here.

Hello! I am new here, my name is Amber, I'm 26 years old, single mother (my daughter is 9 years old). I'm 5'7 and about 120lbs. Basically I got pregnant before I was even finished developing, and went from a full 32B to a D and then after breast feeding shrunk and have never grown since! lol. I am quite happy with the rest of my body, but I always feel sad when I see my sorry boobs in the mirror :-( I've gone to a breast augmentation consultation before, and have considered it ... but I just can't justify spending that kind of money on it, and am actually quite worried about the risks involved.

So I've started my NBE journey! Right now I am taking:

Fenugreek - 500mg x 4 to 5 a day (is this too much, or not enough? Doesn't seem to be having any negative effects on me)
Ginkgo Biloba - 120mg x 3 a day (again, should I be taking more of this?)
Saw Palmetto - 500mg once a day. I had been taking more of this, but then read that it doesn't help much and am very confused now so I backed off it a bit!
Omega 3 Fish Oil - 1000mg x 3 a day
And am presently making some fennel tea which I plan to drink once or twice a day

Am I way off?? Can someone critique my program?

I think I feel something happening but I can't see anything or feel a different if I actually feel them with my hands so I don't know.

Do I need something else? I was looking for Wild Yam but apparently it is not readily available here in Canada.

I look forward to talking with you all and being active on the forums!

I wouldn't condone implants. But, if you DO eventually decide to get them, go with saline! At least if they break, your body will absorb the contents and you'll have no ill effects.
I hope someone here can help you and wish you the best of luck with your twins! Welcome to the board! :-)

Thanks Missed Miss! :-)

No problem, Amber! Always glad to help, if I can.

Saline implants grow mold inside them. I got the money years ago for implants but every time I say I will do it, I to worry about the price. Then I look up implants gone wrong and get my self back on track. You really need to check your hormones. That way you can spend your money on what you need instead of wasting it on herbs that may not work for you.

Good to know! I never heard of saline implants getting moldy.

Thanks for the info on implants... now, onto the herbs! Anyone going to critique my program? I understand it is best to be tested for your hormone levels... but from what I've read, it seems like I am progesterone defficient/estrogen dominant? Symptoms:

Acne around my chin area almost all the time and also on my back right now (yuck!)
NO Sex drive (but since I've started this program, I actually do have one!!! )
Mood swings
General body pain and fatigue
Irritability
Lowered immune system
Depression/Anxiety

I used to take a birth control pill for my acne, but went off it a few months ago and my acne returned. 2 days ago I decided to go back on it, I hope that this isn't the wrong thing to do with the rest of my program. The pill is:

novo cypoterone is the birth control pill I am taking.

Further thoughts.. ?

Fenugreek: 2,000-25,000 mg. But above ~6,000 mg of most herbs you may need tea, an extract or sprouts or the dry fiber could give you a stomach ache and/or diarrhea. So 2,000-2,500 mg is a bit minimal. It might take a lot of months to get anything.
Ginkgo Biloba: Most studies use 120 mg extract (x1), though more might not hurt.
Saw palmetto: 320 mg extract is typical, or more is ok. 500 mg whole herb (not an extract) is almost nothing.
Fish oil: ~4,000-8,000 mg. The more vegetable oil or other plant-based fat you consume the more you need.

The main one is the FG, but the others do help a little. FG is probably what's giving you libido too.

Besides the above you could add:
Progesterone cream, especially after a pregnancy progesterone might be low relative to estrogen (meaning estrogen is too high relative to progesterone). But you need a saliva hormone test to be sure.
Phytoestrogen: 250-1000 mg pueraria mirifica > 500-2000 mg hops > a little red clover (typically 1 capsule will max it out). But while weaker RC is way easier to handle. It's self-limiting and can even block excess of other estrogens. It might be good in case you're not sure if your estrogen is too high or too low. If your estrogen is too high, then avoid PM & hops, but even then RC can help make it medium. Ya estrogen birth control would also make it worse if it is too high. Also not worth the cancer risk and so on if you don't need it to prevent birth.
Collagen: 3,000 mg or more MSM, or broth from simmering chicken's feet in water + salt.

For mood get B vitamins. A multi-B partly helps, but whole grains or bran are even better. Mood hormones and sex hormones do also affect each other. For acne get fish oil and saw palmetto extract. The fish oil might temporarily worsen it first, but IMO stick it out. Omega 3s are also essential nutrients.

thanks...!!

(25-10-2013, 05:50 AM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  Fenugreek: 2,000-25,000 mg. But above ~6,000 mg of most herbs you may need tea, an extract or sprouts or the dry fiber could give you a stomach ache and/or diarrhea. So 2,000-2,500 mg is a bit minimal. It might take a lot of months to get anything.
Hi! Thanks for your input. I'm a little confused about what your saying here though, 2000 - 2500mg is not enough? Is that what your saying? Can I take even more fenugreek? I did order some red clover and wild yam online, should be here next week. I'm very curious about PM but am a little unclear on if I should take it or not with the levels of my hormones.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon