Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Where to get a saliva hormone test from?

Hi
Please can anyone let me know where I can get a postal saliva hormone test from? I live in the UK, so UK based would be better, but any recommendations you can give me would be great.
Many thanks

Hormone Test Kits - Saliva - John Lee, M.D.
www.johnleemd.com/store/prod_stest.html
The best way to get an accurate picture of your free or bioavailable hormone levels. It's quick, simple, noninvasive and you can do it in the privacy of your own

I am waiting on my results. They are out of California.

Thank you for the link tinytots, although I'm confused now.
On looking at it, do I have to choose which one hormone I want testing for? I thought I did one test and they tested for estrogen, testosterone and progesterone. I could be misunderstanding it, but if they do test for all 3 which one is it? Sorry for sounding so thick!!

Am I correct in that it's just these 3 hormones to get checked out before starting a NBE regime?

Thanks

Hi
Please is anyone able to help me on this.
I am wanting my hormones tested, but unsure how to go about it. Tinytots has kindly given me a link of where to go, but I don't know which hormone test I should be buying.
I thought there would be one test you do that would check all the hormones (to check for Estrogen, Progesterone & testosterone, and any others for NBE). It is going to work out extremely expensive if you need to do a test for each one.
Also, I'm in the UK so has anyone got any UK based saliva testing recommendations.
Thank you

Sorry djt-d, I just saw your reply. If you look through the descriptions you can get several different kinds done but I only wanted estrogen progesterone and testosterone done. So I had to buy each one. I didn't think the price was bad. I only had to put salvia in one tube for them to check all three hormones. However they said you should have a dr look at the results but hopefully I can figure it out on my own. Or ask someone here to help me... I'm not sure where else you can get one. Good luck..

Thank you tinytots
After reading your reply, it became clearer to me, and I've had another look through the website and done the online test again, and understand it better now.
On the ones where I got 2 I think I would only need to be tested for estradiol, progesterone & testosterone (like you).
As I'm in the UK it would total $149.95 ($35 for each test plus $44.95 shipping).
Please, what I need to know now is:
1. Do I send my saliva swab back to the US? Would this cost me more (for posting it), and if so how much? (I can't find this info on their website).
2. I have read that it is advisable to have 2 sets of tests done due to fluctuating hormones during the month (day 3 and 21). Has everybody here on the NBE forums done 2 lots of tests or do they generally go with just one and use them results for their NBE regime?
Many thanks

They will send you a paid postage to send it back. I was reading one of your posts. You said you are peri menopause. My results came back with that too. So I do suggest you get atleast one. I think it is spot on. I had a hair analysis done that had the same results so I think one is enough. I'm going to do another one in 3 months.

Thanks again tinytots
I am completely new to this hormone and herb stuff, so please bear with me.
You say you are going to do another test in 3 months.
Please, why would you check them again? - Is it because you are taking some kind of remedy/ies to balance your hormones out to 'normal' range (before starting any NBE herbs), or have you been taking NBE herbs that are okay to take with your hormonal imbalance, and you are just checking you are the same as when you started?

Also, you say I have said on one of my posts that I am peri menopause. I haven't said "peri menopause", all I've said is I might be estrogen dominant and/or deficient - is that the same thing? Blush sorry. Thanks

(03-11-2013, 03:45 PM)djt-d Wrote:  Thanks again tinytots
I am completely new to this hormone and herb stuff, so please bear with me.
You say you are going to do another test in 3 months.
Please, why would you check them again? - Is it because you are taking some kind of remedy/ies to balance your hormones out to 'normal' range (before starting any NBE herbs), or have you been taking NBE herbs that are okay to take with your hormonal imbalance, and you are just checking you are the same as when you started?

Also, you say I have said on one of my posts that I am peri menopause. I haven't said "peri menopause", all I've said is I might be estrogen dominant and/or deficient - is that the same thing? Blush sorry. Thanks

Maybe it wasn't you. Sorry should of looked better. I am new to the herbs hormones too. I need to figure out what I'm doing. I'm taking pm So basically I will retake the test to,see if my estrogen is getting better. Right now my test showed I am .o5 normal range is 1.3 - 3.3 also progesterone is low.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon