Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Best alternatives to PM? / Problem with estrogen sensitivity

Hello everyone,

My experience with PM (capsules from Ainterol) has been really bad..
I started on the first day of my cycle taking 500 mg. I got migraine kind of headache every day and even some other kind of pain in the head/scalp. I thought it might be just my body getting used to it and didnt want to give up too soon. I continued about 1½ weeks, but it just felt like getting worse so I quit. I also lost my appetite totally during the time I was taking it and felt nauseous. I also got my period two times this month, but I've heard thats quite normal with PM..

My problem is that I have estrogen deficiency. I've done a hormonetest. I also had migraine with aura when I was young, but now I only sometimes get some milder migraines..I've heard that people with aura migraine shouldnt take (synthetic?) estrogen. I've also heard that the estrogen in PM should occupie the estrogen receptors in body safer than my own estrogen and also help against migraines?

I dont know what should I do, my body lacks estrogen, but seems like I have estrogen sensitivity, so I cant take it.. What is there left for me then? Are there any good alternatives to PM that actually work? Or should i just give PM another try, but just topically or a really low dose?
My problem is also the hair loss, which is due to my low estrogen levels..

I hope someone can help me, would be really appreciated Shy

Wanted to add, that I have been noogling for about 1½ years now, not daily but almost. I got swelling for an about an hour but no growth Sad So noogleberry doesnt seem to be a good option for me, and also doesnt treat the problem with my hormone imbalance..

I'm not the best one to answer this question! I'm new here! From all I've been reading in this forum, I'd reduce your PM daily dosage to 250mg. You should start herbs at a low dose. You may also skip a day. Till your body get used to it.
Estrogen is a need for your body. If you want to start with something weaker than PM, you can try Red Clover.

Hope this helps.

Success!!

(14-10-2013, 12:55 AM)Titten Wrote:  Hello everyone,

My experience with PM (capsules from Ainterol) has been really bad..
I started on the first day of my cycle taking 500 mg. I got migraine kind of headache every day and even some other kind of pain in the head/scalp. I thought it might be just my body getting used to it and didnt want to give up too soon. I continued about 1½ weeks, but it just felt like getting worse so I quit. I also lost my appetite totally during the time I was taking it and felt nauseous. I also got my period two times this month, but I've heard thats quite normal with PM..

My problem is that I have estrogen deficiency. I've done a hormonetest. I also had migraine with aura when I was young, but now I only sometimes get some milder migraines..I've heard that people with aura migraine shouldnt take (synthetic?) estrogen. I've also heard that the estrogen in PM should occupie the estrogen receptors in body safer than my own estrogen and also help against migraines?

I dont know what should I do, my body lacks estrogen, but seems like I have estrogen sensitivity, so I cant take it.. What is there left for me then? Are there any good alternatives to PM that actually work? Or should i just give PM another try, but just topically or a really low dose?
My problem is also the hair loss, which is due to my low estrogen levels..

I hope someone can help me, would be really appreciated Shy

Hi titten. I to have extremely low estrogen. I take pm extract. Usually 2 dps which is 80mgs. I think extract is stronger than powder so I'm not sure what mg that would be in powder form. But I do know its very potent. I do get cramps and headaches from it. I would try reducing your amount to 100 mgs for a week or 2 and gradually move up. I also think red clover would be a good try.

Thank you for answering Smile

I have now been taking red clover (started with 500 mg, later 1000 mg) on luteal phase and it seems to be fine for me..Besides that I'm drinking strong spearmint tea daily.

I wanted to give PM another try on follicular phase. I use the capsules from ainterol, i split one capsule to get 250 mg. I take it before going to bed and also use PM cream from Biovea 2 times a day. The first days everything was fine, but now I'm starting to get headaches/ some other kind of pain in the head again Sad I guess its still too much for me..I wouldnt want to stop taking it, becouse I'm losing less hair when I'm on it.

(08-11-2013, 12:48 AM)Titten Wrote:  Thank you for answering Smile

I have now been taking red clover (started with 500 mg, later 1000 mg) on luteal phase and it seems to be fine for me..Besides that I'm drinking strong spearmint tea daily.

I wanted to give PM another try on follicular phase. I use the capsules from ainterol, i split one capsule to get 250 mg. I take it before going to bed and also use PM cream from Biovea 2 times a day. The first days everything was fine, but now I'm starting to get headaches/ some other kind of pain in the head again Sad I guess its still too much for me..I wouldnt want to stop taking it, becouse I'm losing less hair when I'm on it.

Ya you must just be sensitive. I started on my second month of pm and then started with 2 dps morning and night and the 3rd night woke up with a screaming headache so had to back off. I think just start slow and keep adding more each time.
Wink 

Hi, I had the same experience with PM. Too bad because it really does made mine bigger, but I had to stop.

I just have a question, don't you think you have pcos or maybe hormonal imbalance? Also, are you taking it during luteal phase or follicular? Because mine got worse when I used it during luteal, when estrogen is high.

Migraine is a symptom of estrogen dominance. Actually, other than migraine, I also experienced asthma, hives, rashes & sinus congestion. All linked to estrogen dominance. Forgot to include cystic acne and hairloss.

Even if you have low estrogen, it could be that you have an even lower progesterone thus resulting to estrogen dominance. Taking PM just makes it even more imbalance even if you think you need estrogen.

I have pcos. High testosterone, low estrogen and even lower progesterone. I tried to aid estrogen first by taking pm to fight off testosterone, it got better then got worse again because my body isn't producing enough progesterone. I got off pm and used natural progesterone cream. It saved me from migraine and other symptoms. I tried to use pm with npc. I was doing fine first but maybe some women are just too sensitive with estrogen. I stopped for now and looking for other ways just like you. I might try going back to it soon, but will use higher amount of npc. I still highly doubt it, though. I think PM is just too strong. No wonder though, I grew one cup in one month. Smile

(10-11-2013, 10:08 PM)gracekelly Wrote:  Hi, I had the same experience with PM. Too bad because it really does made mine bigger, but I had to stop.

I just have a question, don't you think you have pcos or maybe hormonal imbalance? Also, are you taking it during luteal phase or follicular? Because mine got worse when I used it during luteal, when estrogen is high.

Migraine is a symptom of estrogen dominance. Actually, other than migraine, I also experienced asthma, hives, rashes & sinus congestion. All linked to estrogen dominance. Forgot to include cystic acne and hairloss.

Even if you have low estrogen, it could be that you have an even lower progesterone thus resulting to estrogen dominance. Taking PM just makes it even more imbalance even if you think you need estrogen.

I have pcos. High testosterone, low estrogen and even lower progesterone. I tried to aid estrogen first by taking pm to fight off testosterone, it got better then got worse again because my body isn't producing enough progesterone. I got off pm and used natural progesterone cream. It saved me from migraine and other symptoms. I tried to use pm with npc. I was doing fine first but maybe some women are just too sensitive with estrogen. I stopped for now and looking for other ways just like you. I might try going back to it soon, but will use higher amount of npc. I still highly doubt it, though. I think PM is just too strong. No wonder though, I grew one cup in one month. Smile

Well for me, my estrogen is below normal and progesterone is normal low. I'm not estrogen dominant but you can go to fast with pm. I found out 6 dps is 1000 mg in capsule form. I was up to 4 dps per days so I went way to fast this second month. Backed down to three then back up to 4 every other day and doing fine now. I can't seem to get any swelling this month. Not sure what is going on...

At gracekelly:
I got my hormone levels tested a while ago, testosterone was normal, progesterone as well, but estrogen really low..

I take the PM on follicular phase. This cycle I tried taking less, started with 250 mg, and it seemed to be ok, I only got some mild headaches sometimes, but I could live with them so nothing that bad. I also thought it might get better when my body gets used to the PM. Well, after a fiew days I took about 400mg, but the headache got worse again Sad Today I've got some weird pain in the head all the time and dont feel good at all..I dont know, maybe I should try taking the PM on luteal or taking some progesterone cream with it, but I dont really believe I would have become estrogen dominant becouse of that amount of PM (becouse my own estrogen is really low..). I guess I'm just too sensitive as well Sad I would need to take a really low dose, but if its enough for growth is another question..

How much PM did you take?
Did you keep the growth you got from it?

(11-11-2013, 11:32 PM)Titten Wrote:  At gracekelly:
I got my hormone levels tested a while ago, testosterone was normal, progesterone as well, but estrogen really low..

I take the PM on follicular phase. This cycle I tried taking less, started with 250 mg, and it seemed to be ok, I only got some mild headaches sometimes, but I could live with them so nothing that bad. I also thought it might get better when my body gets used to the PM. Well, after a fiew days I took about 400mg, but the headache got worse again Sad Today I've got some weird pain in the head all the time and dont feel good at all..I dont know, maybe I should try taking the PM on luteal or taking some progesterone cream with it, but I dont really believe I would have become estrogen dominant becouse of that amount of PM (becouse my own estrogen is really low..). I guess I'm just too sensitive as well Sad I would need to take a really low dose, but if its enough for growth is another question..

How much PM did you take?
Did you keep the growth you got from it?

I know this post was made for Gracekelly but had to tell you, I started with low doses on extract 1 drop was 166mgs, I think headaches are a sign that your body is overwhelmed. Just back down back to 250 maybe even 100 and go up each month.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon