Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

meow~^.^~ hello and hugs from a newbie / need help to modify program

Rainbow 

HELLO Big Grin ! I have been lurking and lurking and lurking...for a while. Literally just registered and very excited to meet anyone here Tongue and decided to actually try something out with my body.

Anyone who wants to be my buddy to help and support each other in NBE, message me maybe? Blush

oh, and sorry for this demanding post... Shy .... and thank you in advance for reading or helping or saying hi to me!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------

I really want to get things started! so I am trying to build a program, but probably my program is a mess...could you please help me to modify from here, and give me any advise Blush , please?

My info:
- 21 years old, 161cm height, 130lbs, 34B
- ON low dose BIRTH CONTROL (Alesse, 100 mcg levonorgestrel/20 mcg ethinyl estradiol), can't stop using
- recently ON a WEIGHT LOSS SUPPLEMENT (supercharge metabolism & thermogenesis), could cut it out after starting program
-can't afford hormone test Sad , but did the online test (not sure if it helps..since I am on birth control). seems like I have low estrogen, lower progesterone:
progesterone deficiency:1
estrogen deficiency:2
excess estrogen:2
estrogen dominance:3
excess androgens:0
cortisol deficiency:0

GOAL:
-34 DD (more important one, but no pressure for time, only care & love)
-120 lbs

Program building!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Milk thistle to cleanse liver before starting

Follicular Phase:
-Ainterol PM (start with 500 mg)

Luteal Phase:
-Source Natural PC cream (start with 20mg)

Everyday:
-maca /or wild yam /or goats rue (for waist-hip ratio, also birth control pills makes you have low testosterone level? so one of these three should help? but I don't think I could combine them?)

-red clover (increase progesterone level)

-pig placenta (for growth)
-MSM (for growth)

-papaya enzyme

-super hair formula
-fish oil
-multi-vitamin

-exercise
-noogleberry

Questions:
- What any herbs can't I combine with birth control, including the ones I planned to take? Since I am taking a low dose birth control, I should be fine to have PM with? not sure whether I should combine with maca /or wild yam /or goats rue though...

- Is there any other area I need to supplement on or anything else to add? I didn't plan any phyto estradiol in my program, because it is going to compete with PM?

- How long should I use milk thistle to cleanse before starting?

- Please suggest dosage and brand for the herbs?

-------------------------------------------------------------

THANK YOU SO SO MUCH for reading everything...have a good night/day Smile

....wait....i meant to post this in the newcomer section....what happened?!

(09-10-2013, 06:16 AM)tatapie Wrote:  ....wait....i meant to post this in the newcomer section....what happened?!

As I've told other newbies here around your age, wait at least 2 more years. The girls just MIGHT have a growth spurt in them!!

(09-10-2013, 06:43 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  
(09-10-2013, 06:16 AM)tatapie Wrote:  ....wait....i meant to post this in the newcomer section....what happened?!

As I've told other newbies here around your age, wait at least 2 more years. The girls just MIGHT have a growth spurt in them!!

ahh...I can't wait >.< hmm....but i haven't seen them grow for a long while, and i hit puberty prettty early. if i start nbe now, would it affect me grow (if i were still growing)?

21 is a fine age to start. The rule of thumb is that teens should not tamper with hormones because it will interfere with their normal growth process, but you are fine and are two years out of your teen years and, if you say you hit puberty pretty early, I say you are fine.

I am not really great at reading those test results from the online hormone test you posted there, haha, mostly because I do not trust it at all, so I am not going to consider it when I make my answers. I DO think it is important for you to get your tests done before you go and mess with your hormones, though. Trust me, it is worth it. Also, I honestly do not know much about birth control especially since I have never been on it, but I can give you only what I think I can answer until a more knowledgeable forum member wants to contribute...

PM is most certainly fine to take with BC. Actually, if you take it with BC, there is no need to cycle (yey for you!) since you do not get your period. Check out Bonita's PM program. Since you do not know your hormone levels, simple is better. Bonita went simple also, she did not know her hormone levels and simple worked for her.

Don't bother with Wild Yam, as there really has been no proof of it converting to progesterone in the body ( http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/her...z2gcG5pjo4 ). Maca is an herb that is kind of a mystery herb, as it is really unclear how it actually works: all we know is that it balances the hormones. Goat's rue is a good choice for increasing prolactin.

From what it sounds when you ask about BC lower testosterone (which I don't know about myself), you want to raise your testosterone a bit to get a booty (you mentioned hip-to-waist ratio)? If you want to raise testosterone, maca should work for you by simply balancing out your hormones. There is also tribulus, which is also a possibility. I will add here, however, that neither have been proven to raise testosterone levels but it's worth a shot.

I don't think you should consider using PC cream since you are on BC as they both contain a good amount of progesterone. I do not know how much Progesterone is in Red Clover, but for sure PC is strong and BC is probably giving you all that you need when it comes to Progesterone. So, with just your BC, you should be set (but, again, this is all without knowing your actual hormone levels).

You are CORRECT about not adding any other phytoestrogen to your program if you plan to take PM. PM should, honestly, be enough! It is the strongest phytoestrogen and a little will go a long way (IF it is what your body needs).

As for the cleanse, take it for a week Smile And you'll be set.
I guess to answer your "dosage and brands" question, you will need to asses the answers given to you first on WHAT herbs to take, and then we can go from there once you narrow it down!

(09-10-2013, 08:30 AM)timarie Wrote:  21 is a fine age to start. The rule of thumb is that teens should not tamper with hormones because it will interfere with their normal growth process, but you are fine and are two years out of your teen years and, if you say you hit puberty pretty early, I say you are fine.

I am not really great at reading those test results from the online hormone test you posted there, haha, mostly because I do not trust it at all, so I am not going to consider it when I make my answers. I DO think it is important for you to get your tests done before you go and mess with your hormones, though. Trust me, it is worth it. Also, I honestly do not know much about birth control especially since I have never been on it, but I can give you only what I think I can answer until a more knowledgeable forum member wants to contribute...

PM is most certainly fine to take with BC. Actually, if you take it with BC, there is no need to cycle (yey for you!) since you do not get your period. Check out Bonita's PM program. Since you do not know your hormone levels, simple is better. Bonita went simple also, she did not know her hormone levels and simple worked for her.

Don't bother with Wild Yam, as there really has been no proof of it converting to progesterone in the body ( http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/her...z2gcG5pjo4 ). Maca is an herb that is kind of a mystery herb, as it is really unclear how it actually works: all we know is that it balances the hormones. Goat's rue is a good choice for increasing prolactin.

From what it sounds when you ask about BC lower testosterone (which I don't know about myself), you want to raise your testosterone a bit to get a booty (you mentioned hip-to-waist ratio)? If you want to raise testosterone, maca should work for you by simply balancing out your hormones. There is also tribulus, which is also a possibility. I will add here, however, that neither have been proven to raise testosterone levels but it's worth a shot.

I don't think you should consider using PC cream since you are on BC as they both contain a good amount of progesterone. I do not know how much Progesterone is in Red Clover, but for sure PC is strong and BC is probably giving you all that you need when it comes to Progesterone. So, with just your BC, you should be set (but, again, this is all without knowing your actual hormone levels).

You are CORRECT about not adding any other phytoestrogen to your program if you plan to take PM. PM should, honestly, be enough! It is the strongest phytoestrogen and a little will go a long way (IF it is what your body needs).

As for the cleanse, take it for a week Smile And you'll be set.
I guess to answer your "dosage and brands" question, you will need to asses the answers given to you first on WHAT herbs to take, and then we can go from there once you narrow it down!

Wow thank you timaire so much for your detailed respond and help! I honestly didnt try to post my thread here in the first place, because I thought this place is for experts and no one would bother helping a newbie Tongue!

anyway, i think the BC you are thinking about is the progesterone based one? I am taking a BC that is Estrogen and progestin based (brand: Alesse, 100 mcg levonorgestrel/20 mcg ethinyl estradiol), so I dont think this is a lot of progesterone?? and I do get my period...so I do need to cycle PM ??Sad, but good thing is that my cycles are exactly 28 days and regular!

So I think in this case, PC cream should still be in use?
PM(estrogen), PC(progesterone+research more about red clover), maca(balance out+testosterone), goats rue(prolactin), pig placenta(growth), MSM(growth)

about BC lowering testosterone level, i got it from here: http://www.virginiahopkinstestkits.com/p...ntrol.html

As long as you are on bc you don't have a natural cycle and actually also no menstruation. You are just bleeding and your cycle is only regular because the pill simulates the natural hormonal levels of a cycle.
So you can't do any hormonal testing while taking bc or tell anything about your natural hormonal status.

(09-10-2013, 02:08 PM)Trillian Wrote:  As long as you are on bc you don't have a natural cycle and actually also no menstruation. You are just bleeding and your cycle is only regular because the pill simulates the natural hormonal levels of a cycle.
So you can't do any hormonal testing while taking bc or tell anything about your natural hormonal status.

-I wonder though, would NBE be working with the "balanced" hormonal state that the BC is stimulating? or with my natural hormonal level? I guess I dont even know my natural state....so I can just test things out...

-also should I cycle PM in this case?

-also, if i really start taking PM and feel like i have tooo much estrogen, should i use PC the same day I feel bad and stop the PM? or PC is only for follicular phase?

Huh
thank you in advance!

I think cycling PM would make no sense, because there are no phases in an artificial cycle. It's the same hormonal level all the time, it only changes while you pause and have your "period".

I can't answer the other questions, i really don't know what happens when you add herbs etc. to your BC.

(09-10-2013, 03:27 PM)Trillian Wrote:  I think cycling PM would make no sense, because there are no phases in an artificial cycle. It's the same hormonal level all the time, it only changes while you pause and have your "period".

I can't answer the other questions, i really don't know what happens when you add herbs etc. to your BC.

hmm...so just like what timarie said that i should just take PM the whole time during the month, except when i bleed!! i wonder how would PC come into play in this case...i guess BC has enough progesterone as timarie said, i should just use it when i actually feel bad with only PM?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon