Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

MSM breast growth??

(16-09-2013, 09:54 PM)kouklitsa Wrote:  
(16-09-2013, 07:05 PM)char Wrote:  Hi.
I respect and admire your precautionary approach. There is something many of us really, really want here Smile. I have definitely a thing or two about what my body does with the information it is given. Most supplements can be beneficial, non-beneficial, or even disadvantageous. It depends on the dose, body, intention, etc. I would say the advice about better quality of MSM is worth serious consideration. Our experiences with it, are positive and "negative." It seems like sometimes it is really helpful and sometimes, it cause adverse affects like the terrible headaches my Mother had during one period she was taking. Other times, it gave her benefits. That is why it's a good idea to monitor how your body reacts, while carefully taking such a supplement and also hoping for the best. Sometimes, I think I have experienced the acne breakouts with MSM. This is very common because it detoxes the body (also causing headaches and stomach cleansing, if you catch my meaning. My Mother takes pharmaceuticals that can build up in the body and her heachaches at that time, were probably to do with her body recalibrating from toxic side affects of chemical medicines).
For example, with one NBE regimen I tried, I added kelp powder for iodine as recommended. But I didn't realize how sensitive my thryroid could be. So I had to get rid of it because I was so sleepy, I could hardly function, even with the teeniest dose. My Mother took the bottle and liked it just fine. But I can eat seaweed no problem.
Recently, I found an old bottle of Black Cohosh. I thought, why not just throw one extra capsule into my routine-- herbs lose potency over time anyway. Well, within a week, my legs were about 3 times their normal size and similar to when I once took a recommended dose of protein (which was too much for me personally), my lower body bulked up like crazy. It was just a very specific region of my top half that I was hoping to add mass to. Hahahaha. Luckily, the body can be very adjustable in crazy cases like that. I square butt and kankles are not what I was aiming for!
Anyway, every body is different. It's not that these particular supps are just good or bad. Body chemistry, at certain periods, count. I think I took Black cohosh in the past without incident. Now I just rub it on my chest--no problem! Just pay attention to what your body does, ramp slowly, and try to use good quality ingredients or better. I usually get my supps online from Vitacost, Swanson's, or Dr. Vita. I read the ingredients. But there is excellent bulk MSM at Natural Grocers/Vitamin Cottage if you have one near by.
Good luck, Chama! We all in this together.

Thanks Char!! I'm gonna return the CVS MSM and order a high quality MSM powder online.

I'm so glad breastnexus exists, because your so right when you wrote "there is somethin many of us really, really want here". I think some of us (like me) can get so caught up in wanting that "something " Wink that we will push consequences and health to the back of our minds. Whenever I want to try a new herb or pill or whatever, I always come to this site first to remind myself that health comes before bigger breasts. So thank you so much for your post and thank you everyone else who posted!! You are helping dumb-dumbs like me do nbe safely Big Grin

hi kouklitsa ,
what brand of high quality msm did you finally choose to use ?

You are welcome!
You are not a dumb-dumb, just enthusiastic. I have been researching this topic for years. I can do herbs, but I can act quite the dumb-dumb in the rest of my life! Hehehe. Good grief. Sometimes, I wish life was only as complicated as NBE! Sheesh!

I take the packets by Emergen-C (so, yeah, it has BOTH MSM and Vitamin C, which is the best way to take them, when the Vitamin C is the buffered version). I strongly recommend it! It is also good because (since it is buffered) it has many other valuable vitamins that come in handy, has electrolytes in it, and it is a light flavor that is not very sweet (good for those who don't like sweet things, bad for those who need a sweet taste!). I think it is nice to take throughout the day instead of all in one shot. I love it!

EDIT: I forgot to add that I noticed my cuts healing more completely and my joints were feeling no pain while I was on it before. I am glad to be back on it again. No notice of improvement with the breasts, but MSM is meant to be a "helper" for whatever supplements you are taking (sorry I don't have the technical term here Tongue --transporter, maybe?) because MSM is good for circulation, it helps transport to the breasts whatever it is you are taking. So, if you are taking something that your breasts need, MSM will give you that extra push to make the most of those supplements you are taking! If you are taking something that your body doesn't really need (like I was taking PM, which I don't think I needed since I am kinda high in testosterone), then MSM can give you that extra push in the downhill direction because it will be giving your breasts more of that thing that it doesn't need. Either way, MSM will give you the most bang for your buck for whatever you choose to take in your program to help (or hurt) your breasts. It does not work on its own to make breasts grow. I hope this makes sense!

Has anyone experienced any detox symptoms because of MSM?

Ive been taking it for two months but for the last few weeks I started feeling weird: chills, head spinning, nausea, loss of appetite and even joints aching :s I dropped it few days ago and now Im just super thirsty all the time. I feel like theres a Sahara desert in my mouth and I cant stop drinking water. Only thing i want to eat is vegetables and nothing else. I literally dont want anything else, its just all really weird and I have never experienced something like this. Does anyone know if this is normal and my body is just going crazy with the detox, hence these symptoms?

I took it in a powder form, two teaspoons daily mixed with water and some lemon juice. I didnt drink it at once, but throughout the day. And I havent been taking anything else for now, so nothing else could be giving me these symptoms.

On the plus side it did make my hair, eyelashes and nails grow like crazy in the last two months.

(07-10-2013, 03:25 PM)Mairah Wrote:  Has anyone experienced any detox symptoms because of MSM?

Ive been taking it for two months but for the last few weeks I started feeling weird: chills, head spinning, nausea, loss of appetite and even joints aching :s I dropped it few days ago and now Im just super thirsty all the time. I feel like theres a Sahara desert in my mouth and I cant stop drinking water. Only thing i want to eat is vegetables and nothing else. I literally dont want anything else, its just all really weird and I have never experienced something like this. Does anyone know if this is normal and my body is just going crazy with the detox, hence these symptoms?

I took it in a powder form, two teaspoons daily mixed with water and some lemon juice. I didnt drink it at once, but throughout the day. And I havent been taking anything else for now, so nothing else could be giving me these symptoms.

On the plus side it did make my hair, eyelashes and nails grow like crazy in the last two months.

So, if I am understanding you correctly, you were on a detox for how long? I think it's strange that your joints felt achy, since MSM is an anti-inflamatory.

(07-10-2013, 09:44 PM)timarie Wrote:  So, if I am understanding you correctly, you were on a detox for how long? I think it's strange that your joints felt achy, since MSM is an anti-inflamatory.

I actually started taking it because my hair was falling out and I read how its supposed to make your hair grow. I had no idea at first that it will also detox my body. And for 6 weeks I felt great when I was taking it, I had a lot of extra energy ect. Only two weeks ago I started feeling really weird until it got so bad I stopped taking it for now.

The achy joint thing made me wonder too, but after i consulted with Dr Google (lol), its apparently a side effect of detoxing? Ive never experienced anything like this, thats why I thought maybe someone here would know more or has experienced something similar Smile

(07-10-2013, 10:06 PM)Mirah Wrote:  I actually started taking it because my hair was falling out and I read how its supposed to make your hair grow. I had no idea at first that it will also detox my body. And for 6 weeks I felt great when I was taking it, I had a lot of extra energy ect. Only two weeks ago I started feeling really weird until it got so bad I stopped taking it for now.

The achy joint thing made me wonder too, but after i consulted with Dr Google (lol), its apparently a side effect of detoxing? Ive never experienced anything like this, thats why I thought maybe someone here would know more or has experienced something similar Smile

Wow. Actually, I had NO idea that MSM worked as a detox! Wow, I'm actually pretty excited about that and will have to look that up myself now. Strange though that I had never come across it!

As for your symptoms, yes, they all are pretty common side effects of detoxes. When I have gone on detoxes in the past, I typically get light headed, dizzy, loss of appetite, nausea, and weakness. I assume it's mostly because my blood sugar was very low. I could easily see how achy joints could also be a result of detoxing! But the funny thing is, I have not experienced it yet with MSM. How many miligrams of it were you taking on a daily basis?

I took two teaspoons (max amount that was suggested on the label) of MSM daily which should be like 8-10 grams. Smile

After googling more about it now I can def see how it couldve been too much at one point. Apparently some people feel the detox just by taking 500 mg daily.

(07-10-2013, 10:39 PM)Mirah Wrote:  I took two teaspoons (max amount that was suggested on the label) of MSM daily which should be like 8-10 grams. Smile

After googling more about it now I can def see how it couldve been too much at one point. Apparently some people feel the detox just by taking 500 mg daily.

Yeah wow! I only take 2 grams of MSM a day and for a while was taking 3.5 grams, which is pretty generous. From what I have seen on the forum, most people will take anywhere from 1-3 grams a day. I bet it was the amount that did it! What brand of MSM powder did you take, Mirah?

Were you taking enough vitamin C with it? I know it utilizes decent amounts of vit C. Maybe you were depleted? Also, some people have sulfur reactions, depending on how msm was sourced. Maybe it was just simply too much?
I really can't take it or chance it at least, I read that with hypothyroidism, the msm may not be utilized efficiently as the way the cells hold water. T hormones affect every cell in the body and when you don't have adequate amounts, the effects are mucin swelling. Oh how I hate this! I would love to experiment in the future when my thyroid is healed enough.

(07-10-2013, 10:06 PM)Mirah Wrote:  
(07-10-2013, 09:44 PM)timarie Wrote:  So, if I am understanding you correctly, you were on a detox for how long? I think it's strange that your joints felt achy, since MSM is an anti-inflamatory.

I actually started taking it because my hair was falling out and I read how its supposed to make your hair grow. I had no idea at first that it will also detox my body. And for 6 weeks I felt great when I was taking it, I had a lot of extra energy ect. Only two weeks ago I started feeling really weird until it got so bad I stopped taking it for now.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon