Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Herbs for BC and Traditional Diet

So I started doing some research on natural birth control in hopes of convincing my sister to not get the implant =\ I came across a very informative site that lists herbs for all sorts of birth control methods: from lessoning fertility, to complete sterilization to implantation preventors. The implantation preventors apparently act like the plan B pill.
http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/n...ing-herbs/

The author also went into a bit how she maintains a "traditional diet". This led me to further research as to what exactly that was. What I found was quite interesting. Back in the 1930's a man named Weston Price set out to discover why traditional cultures were so much more healthy than Americans. Apparently a high protein and fat diet can work wonders...but I'm pretty sure most NBEers already knew that =) The cultures he studied varied around the world with the ratio of meat to grain to produce. The common denominator however is saturated fats and animal protein. He also found that foods popular in one culture were not necessarily healthy for those in others. Essentially the goal is to eat as close to the way those you got your genome from did.

http://www.westonaprice.org/traditional-diets

Wow, this is amazing information. I've been on the pill for hormonal issues for most of the last 15 years now and I've battled all sorts of GI issues. I've finally just this year healed from the candida using a very strict version of the Paleo diet (used the digestive health plan in the book Practical Paleo) + adding in tons of fermented foods (I've taken to brewing my own kombucha to save money) + probiotics and I'm finally feeling much better. However, even on the pill my cycles are still completely wonky and oftentimes I miss periods completely or they show up randomly throughout the month. My doctors say "the solution is the pill" and give me no further help. I've been having some luck since finding this website using herbs to balance things out, but I'd love to get off the pill once and for all but don't want to use NFP as a BC method. I'm definitely going to dig further into some of this. Thanks for posting!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon