Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Breast Tissue Migration

Hello everyone!

I've been lurking on this forum for a few days now and finally decided to join today.

I wanted to bring something to everyone's attention that I haven't seen discussed in all of the threads I've checked out so far (I also did a search to make sure I hadn't missed it) in case someone wants to try it as one more way to help increase breast size.

It's called “breast tissue migration” (at least this is the term people have used to describe it).

The basic idea is that when a woman wears a poorly fitting bra (usually with the band too loose and the cups too small), that over time, the badly fitting bra flattens out her breast tissue, mashing it all over her chest and squishing it to the sides of her body (and supposedly sometimes even to her back).

And that when a woman starts to wear a well fitting bra (usually one with a tighter band and larger cups), and makes sure to scoop all of her breast tissue into the cups when she puts it on, that over time her breast tissue (and the surrounding fat tissue) remolds itself and “comes back home” so to speak, to the front and center of her chest where it should be, which often results in her breasts getting bigger.

And by “her breasts getting bigger,” I don't mean that her breasts simply look perkier or fuller, but that they actually increase in size. Women have reported actually needing to go up one or more cup sizes after wearing a well fitting bra for a while because they'll find themselves bursting out of their previous bra.

Now, one caveat is that women who have larger breasts and/or more upper body fat seem to see the greatest change. But I've read accounts of even smaller busted women experiencing this phenomenon.

And one more thing. I understand that not everyone likes to wear a bra (or to wear one regularly), or feels that it's necessary, which is fine. But I think it's at least important to never wear a badly fitting bra because if it's smushing your breast tissue against your body instead of properly supporting it, the badly fitting bra could end up undermining all of your other efforts towards breast growth.

So, if anyone is interested in learning more, here are some resources:

“How Your Bra Might Be Making Your Breasts Even Smaller”
http://www.venusianglow.com/2009/08/how-...-your.html

“Byebye underarm and back fat, hello big boobs!”
http://www.bralessinbrasil.com/2012/08/b...o-big.html

Women talking about their experience going up in cup size:
http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/com...ew_months/

And here are some bra fitting resources:

Reddit: A Bra That Fits (see the links in the side bar)
http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits

“How to Measure Your Bra Size Correctly”
http://www.venusianglow.com/2008/04/how-...ectly.html

“How to Measure Your Bra Size the Correct Way”
http://www.thinandcurvy.com/2010/10/how-...rrect.html

I am not a big person, but was wearing a size 10A (32A) bra for years because that's what I wore through high school. I thought that the underwire cutting into my right breast was because of my scoliosis and normal for me. I went up to a 10B (32B) and started massage and improving my diet (also have been noogling for 2 months and I am finding that I am now in between a 10B and 10C (32B/C). So there is a lot to say for getting the right sized bra!

The only thing I find confusing about fitting is with sister sizes, when you go up or down a band size, you also go down or up a cup size respectively. Yet with the "inches rule" described in the links for fitting, when you go up or down a band size, you should go down or up two cup sizes since the band sizes differ by 2 inches. In my case, my underbust is 30 inches and my overbust is 34.5 inches (lets just say 34 for argument's sake): This would put me at a size 30D, or in a 32 band, size 32B. Yet the cup volume is larger in the size 30 band. I know it's approximate the the sister sizing and inches rule contradict each other, which makes it annoying to buy bras online I guess. I only bought one and it kind of fit (the band was too loose).

This is the way sister sizing works in practice:

The physical size of the cups on the following bras are the same (the bands just differ in length):

A 30D = 32C = 34B = 36A

Therefore, if you size yourself at a 30D and the bra seems to fit well in the cups but the band is too tight, you would then want to try a 32C (when we go up a band size, we want to go down one cup size to get a looser band and the same physical size cup).

However, I think I understand the point of your confusion.

“If I'm now in a 32 band, which is supposed to represent a 32” ribcage, and my bust still measures 34”, the difference is now 2”, so wouldn't that make me a B cup, not a C cup?”

Or another way of putting it might be, “When we sister size, why do we go up or down two inches in the band but the equivalent of only one inch in the cup?”

And you know what? That's actually a very good question. Which I don't know the answer to. So if anyone else out there has an answer/explanation to this question, I'd love to hear it too.

About two years ago i read about Breast Tissue Migration in a german forum. I didn't believe it but started to wear the right bra size (One size smaller, one cup bigger) because it looked better and was more comfortable.

In the beginning, the cup was a little too big, now it fits perfect or even seems to be a little too small when my breast are swollen because of my cycle. And i didn't gain weight, i even lost 5 kg during this time.

So i can totally recommand wearing a well fitting bra. It really seems like my breasts became fuller.

(12-07-2013, 08:55 PM)Trillian Wrote:  About two years ago i read about Breast Tissue Migration in a german forum. I didn't believe it but started to wear the right bra size (One size smaller, one cup bigger) because it looked better and was more comfortable.

In the beginning, the cup was a little too big, now it fits perfect or even seems to be a little too small when my breast are swollen because of my cycle. And i didn't gain weight, i even lost 5 kg during this time.

So i can totally recommand wearing a well fitting bra. It really seems like my breasts became fuller.

Great!

I just thought I'd post a before and after image:

Here's a link to the original page: http://stanikomania.blox.pl/strony/howtolookgood.html

[Image: porownania_3.jpg]

This is what the text on the page states:

“These photos show the same woman...in a simple swimming costume with no built in underwired bra 2 years ago and now. The photos on the left were taken in May 2007, the ones on the right in April 2009. What did she do during these 2 years? Breast surgery? No! She only changed her bra size. Now it’s 3 cups bigger than it was. It helped to firm the breasts and removed bulges from her armpits and her back – the bulges came back where they should belong – to the cups.”

Huh. So maybe me wearing a slightly too tight band size might actually be helping me grow by helping shape nearby fat into the bra?

Interesting idea... I wonder if it's really "real".

(14-07-2013, 10:12 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  Huh. So maybe me wearing a slightly too tight band size might actually be helping me grow by helping shape nearby fat into the bra?

Well, not exactly.

You never want to wear a bra band that's “too tight.” Tighter perhaps because many women wear their bra band too loose, but never a bra band that's uncomfortably tight.

Plus, it's not just a tighter bra band that matters, but also a cup that's large enough and that the bra fits correctly overall.

(15-07-2013, 02:32 PM)Autumn Wrote:  Well, not exactly.

You never want to wear a bra band that's “too tight.” Tighter perhaps because many women wear their bra band too loose, but never a bra band that's uncomfortably tight.

Plus, it's not just a tighter bra band that matters, but also a cup that's large enough and that the bra fits correctly overall.

Oh. Well, really I'm in between and a 32 isn't TOO awful, but it gets VERY uncomfortable by the end of the day and I just have to give myself a rest. But I don't have enough breast to put in a 34 yet which is what I otherwise should be wearing... I won't actually have enough to graduate to a 34 band until I'm completely filling a 32B. I'm ALMOST ready to go up to a 32B, barely. I'm just going to have to suffer for a little longer though... Stupid AA's...

My underbust is 33" btw... Which is why, while uncomfortable, I can squeeze myself into a 32. But I -should- be wearing a 34. Technically. I'd just be a AA if I tried. And ha ha for anyone trying to find a 34aa bra. They just don't exist.

I've been testing various bras through the years and keep going back to my old standby, VS's Body by Victorias. I really dislike padded push-up bras (I'm not into false advertising and being a disappointment when the clothing comes off...hehe) so I avoid them all together and favor the light memory foam and smooth silhouette that the Body by Victoria offers. And more recently I discovered that the wireless version gives me a more flattering cleavage than the demi bras....

But this thread got me thinking.... since this particular line of bras doesn't have high underwires, and I do have some armpit fat showing despite being a thin girl--actually, I get armpit fat whether I wear a bra or even go down a bandsize-- am I better off trying to find a padded pushup bra that pushes my breasts towards the center of my body? Just wondering if a push up bra would prevent breast tissue migration by keeping them squished together all day. Perhaps wearing a push up bra using the swoop and scoop method is the way to go?
Thank you girls for any feedback!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon