Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Is Progesterone bad for breast growth?

(07-07-2013, 07:32 PM)Ceci82 Wrote:  As Abi said, we need to achieve a perfect balance between progesterone and estrogen. (easier said than done Sad )
Are you sure that progesterone did you butt bigger ? Is this, the only explanation? Do you put on weight recently ? Water retention ?

I'm assuming this was directed at me. lolz
Well for the last month Ive used nothing but PC (I'm low estrogen, super low progesterone) and Ive gained 2-3 lbs. Most of it seems to have gone to the booty region and I had a little breast growth that I kept. But I was also eating more and more healthy so...Huh

As per the thread estrogen is to gain weight in lower part so can we say that pear shaped bodies are estrogen dominant because pear shaped gain weight on thighs and hips

Hi Guys! Just wanted to confirm the progesterone increasing the upper half theory.

I got my hormones tested and found i have low progesterone and normal estrogen (leaning towards the lower limit). I had taken flax before and gained 1 inch on the breasts and gained weight around the tummy and then i stopped flax and lost most of the growth Sad

Now around two months back, i started flax again and started seeing growth/swelling again Smile. But since i was low on progesterone, i started vitex (400mg daily) around 20 days back and my breasts started to shrink again. i have lost almost an inch in the last few days, butt size remaining the same.

So if progestrone helps in breast growth and reduction in butt, why did my breasts shrink? On the other hand Flax being estrogenic helped in breast growth. All this inspite of me being E-Dom. What could the reason be.

I am pear shaped and E-Dom and was very excited about this theory and thought i could increase progesterone and at the same time increase upper half. But it is not working for me. Is it too early to say? Should i continue vitex for some more time and see.

My plan is to complete the bottle of vitex that i have and see. I am wondering if i should take flax along with it or take vitex alone in order to note the changes better. But i know the moment i stop flax, my growth goes away. will update further changes.

anyone else had any similar experience, please share.

Thank you Smile

(28-08-2013, 03:04 AM)Virgina Wrote:  Hi Guys! Just wanted to confirm the progesterone increasing the upper half theory.

What exactly do you mean by that?

(28-08-2013, 03:04 AM)Virgina Wrote:  I got my hormones tested and found i have low progesterone and normal estrogen (leaning towards the lower limit). I had taken flax before and gained 1 inch on the breasts and gained weight around the tummy and then i stopped flax and lost most of the growth Sad

OK...

(28-08-2013, 03:04 AM)Virgina Wrote:  Now around two months back, i started flax again and started seeing growth/swelling again Smile. But since i was low on progesterone, i started vitex (400mg daily) around 20 days back and my breasts started to shrink again. i have lost almost an inch in the last few days, butt size remaining the same.

So if progestrone helps in breast growth and reduction in butt, why did my breasts shrink? On the other hand Flax being estrogenic helped in breast growth. All this inspite of me being E-Dom. What could the reason be.

I've seen soooooooo many people making this same mistake of thinking that vitex (chasteberry) actually increases progesterone very much at all. It doesn't. You need progesterone? Only one reliable way: get a progesterone cream. Vitex MAY increase progesterone SLIGHTLY, but most of its effect is actually on increasing prolactin decreasing dopamine and as a mild opiate. It's also somewhat decent at decreasing estrogen and testosterone. IF it even increases progesterone AT ALL (and it doesn't always, not for everyone) it is a VERY small amount.

(28-08-2013, 03:04 AM)Virgina Wrote:  I am pear shaped and E-Dom and was very excited about this theory and thought i could increase progesterone and at the same time increase upper half. But it is not working for me. Is it too early to say? Should i continue vitex for some more time and see.

My plan is to complete the bottle of vitex that i have and see. I am wondering if i should take flax along with it or take vitex alone in order to note the changes better. But i know the moment i stop flax, my growth goes away. will update further changes.

anyone else had any similar experience, please share.

Thank you Smile

As I said you haven't even given it a chance at all. Vitex is NOT the solution. ESPECIALLY if you're not massively e dom. As in higher than typical e levels. In that case it could actually have a net negative impact. If you had higher than typical e levels then vitex MIGHT help.

Vitex is a strong balancer of hormones---so whatever you are trying to become dominant in- it is going to try and maintain the balance. It's a well known natural fertility remedy for those with hormonal issues that can't seem to conceive and is taken months before conception to equalize the body.

The butt enhancement could be a result of progesterone in the sense that your making yourslef more estrogen sensitive now or that with increasing progesterone you now more suspectible to weight gain and the 1st place it could result in fat storage could be your hips and booty.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon