Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

L-arginine , Gingko , and bulging veins

When I first started my NBE program, I noticed that the veins on my hands and front forearms seemed to be more pronounced. Instinctively, I attributed it to the L-arginine because it supposedly supports circulation. So I stopped taking it. This was 3 months ago. I recently started taking L-arginine again (1,800mg/day) for a week. Today, after taking L-arginine along with Gingko I noticed the veins on my forehead feel more engogred, and I can feel them pumping! I freaked out because I've never felt them there before.

I did some research and found out why. L-Arginine increases blood flow because it is converted into nitric oxide which causes blood vessels to open wider for improved blood flow. Gingko Biloba does the same thing. No wonder my veins are becoming more engorged.

I might have done an overkill by taking L-arginine with Gingko. But yeah, not doing that again. I might continue the Gingko Biloba for memory support, but I think I'll stop the L-arginine all together and get my HGH somewhere else. Hopefully, the bulging will lessen. I don't want to develop Angelia Jolie forehead veins. Sad

Anyway, don't wanna scare anybody. Just be careful not to take a high dose of L-arginine, Gingko Biloba if you don't like the vascular look. But if that's what you're striving for, yeah, they'll do that.

Wow, that's freaky! I was just looking into L-Arginine, although I think you convinced me to try another supplement for HGH lol. It isn't even a large dosage compared to what most people would take. If I do end up trying it, I'll probably take a combined capsule of L-Arginine/L-Ornithine (1000mg).

Have you looked into GABA? It's supposedly great for anxiety and sleep as well. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I read somewhere that Maca can also help in stimulating HGH growth. Although even if it did, it would probably be very little.

Also, I'm curious. What effects have you noticed from taking Gingko Biloba? Is it only memory, or more?

(28-06-2013, 08:37 AM)TsubakiBlossom Wrote:  Wow, that's freaky! I was just looking into L-Arginine, although I think you convinced me to try another supplement for HGH lol. It isn't even a large dosage compared to what most people would take. If I do end up trying it, I'll probably take a combined capsule of L-Arginine/L-Ornithine (1000mg).

Have you looked into GABA? It's supposedly great for anxiety and sleep as well. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I read somewhere that Maca can also help in stimulating HGH growth. Although even if it did, it would probably be very little.

Also, I'm curious. What effects have you noticed from taking Gingko Biloba? Is it only memory, or more?

Hi Tsubaki,

I did looked into GABA. Some sources claim it increases prolactin, others say it decreases prolactin, so I'm not sure about adding it into my NBE regime until I'm more clear about it. I don't know much about Maca except it supposedly increases DHEA. But if you're planning on using hops and fenugreek, they also increae your HGH. So perharps I won't try to get anymore extra source of HGH elsewhere
Isabelle has a pretty comprehensive list about different supplements and what they do Smile
http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=8419&pid=35038#pid35038

This is only my 2nd day on Gingko so I haven't noticed anything different yet but I'll let you know if there's any change in the future.

(29-06-2013, 07:22 AM)goosebump Wrote:  Hi Tsubaki,

I did looked into GABA. Some sources claim it increases prolactin, others say it decreases prolactin, so I'm not sure about adding it into my NBE regime until I'm more clear about it. I don't know much about Maca except it supposedly increases DHEA. But if you're planning on using hops and fenugreek, they also increae your HGH. So perharps I won't try to get anymore extra source of HGH elsewhere
Isabelle has a pretty comprehensive list about different supplements and what they do Smile

This is only my 2nd day on Gingko so I haven't noticed anything different yet but I'll let you know if there's any change in the future.

That's not good. Sad I guess GABA's off my list then. hops and fenugreek sound like the best options. Everything else gets too complex lol. Thanks goosebump! Smile

(29-06-2013, 07:43 PM)TsubakiBlossom Wrote:  
(29-06-2013, 07:22 AM)goosebump Wrote:  Hi Tsubaki,

That's not good. Sad I guess GABA's off my list then. hops and fenugreek sound like the best options. Everything else gets too complex lol. Thanks goosebump! Smile

Lol I know right. I'd like to keep my program simple too. Good luck! Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon