Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Thinking about taking a low dose of PM all month and cycling a high dose

Does anyone have any information on if this would be a good idea?

I'm thinking I will take a low dose of PM every day, no cycling: 300 mg. Then in the follicular phase only, I could take 600 mg (and eventually, 900 mg).

I want to be smart about this, but I also want to take PM more than 7 days out of every cycle, which was my original plan to avoid disrupting my period. Seven days just doesn't seem like enough though, thus the idea of taking a low dose without cycling.

Thoughts are appreciated, thank you!

(P.S. I am not on any form of birth control)

Omigoodness, I feel like I am talking to myself here Sad

You could try it and see how it goes. There is a chance it will delay your period and make it lighter, but from what I have read on many sellers' sites is that if PM affects your period cycle, it will eventually re-regulate back to normal within 3-4 months. I don't think a low dose of 300mg would mess it up though.

Great, thanks for the reply! I think I will try it starting next cycle. Or I will take even less than 300mg daily, like 100mg all month long which really shouldn't mess my period up... we'll see.

Hi im thinking of taking some PM along with a few other herbs (im still trying to figure my program out, i am new to all this).

Basically i wondered why people taking PM cycle their doses and how you can do that if your periods are not always regular, for instance, sometimes my cycle is a pretty standard 28days but others it can be much longer, there were 46days between my last period and the one before, so im wondering how i can cycle the PM with this irregularity and will it still work if i dont cycle it?

Any info would be great as im struggling to figure it out.

Smile

(04-07-2013, 06:12 AM)Sammy95 Wrote:  Hi im thinking of taking some PM along with a few other herbs (im still trying to figure my program out, i am new to all this).

Basically i wondered why people taking PM cycle their doses and how you can do that if your periods are not always regular, for instance, sometimes my cycle is a pretty standard 28days but others it can be much longer, there were 46days between my last period and the one before, so im wondering how i can cycle the PM with this irregularity and will it still work if i dont cycle it?

Any info would be great as im struggling to figure it out.

Smile

Hi Sammy. From my point of view, You have two choices: 1) If you take your basal body temperature and chart it each day, it's possible for you to determine if ovulation has occurred.

2) You can buy an ovulation predictor kits (detect the surge in luteinizing hormone just before ovulation).

It´s up to you
Good luck Smile

i raised my dose to 900mg of pm. and it restarted my period a week after i got off it. my prrsonal suggestion for a woman with these large amounts of hormones in them already is to stay at a low dose for good eventually the extra hormone will build up enough to trigger the rest of your body to produce more and will start growth. instead of shocking and stunting any growth. thats my opinion. im only o my 3rd month close to 4. Tongue stayed steady on pm 450mg for 2 months then started cycling which seemed to help to take a little break then start again Smile

(17-07-2013, 06:25 AM)ab101bab Wrote:  i raised my dose to 900mg of pm. and it restarted my period a week after i got off it. my prrsonal suggestion for a woman with these large amounts of hormones in them already is to stay at a low dose for good eventually the extra hormone will build up enough to trigger the rest of your body to produce more and will start growth. instead of shocking and stunting any growth. thats my opinion. im only o my 3rd month close to 4. Tongue stayed steady on pm 450mg for 2 months then started cycling which seemed to help to take a little break then start again Smile

Hi dear! Take a little break means stop taking or low dosage?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon