Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

HELP! Long period with PM!

Sad 

I think I became estrogen dominant. I've been taking PM the last two month without cycling. The first month I started with one pill a day. I increased to two pills a day once my period came on my 2nd month. My 3rd month just started and I have increased the dosage to 3 PM and day. I take PM straight through the month without cycling. I tried cycling my first time taking it, two months prior to this and my period came right after I stopped taking it, which was two weeks early. So that's why I decided not to cycle. I also use PC on the second half of every month twice a day. I had normal menstrual cycle the last two month, but this month it came 2 days earlier. It's 10 days since my period started and I'm still menstruating. I have menstrual cramps too.

Now I know that increasing PM dose to 3/day is not a good idea. However, my period came early this month before I increased PM dosage. I started using PC today, so that I could try to balance my hormone. I'm still cramping. This is my last month before I cleanse. I kind of want to continue taking PM until the end if the month at a low dose, but maybe I should just cleanse early? I don't really know what to do. Maybe PM isn't right for me. I haven't had much growth from it. Just a little meatier.

I also forgot to include that I wash/massage my breast in the shower with PM soap and lotion/massage with PM cream. Second half of the month I massage my breast with PC cream every other day and place PC cream on other areas every other day.

ease up on the PM or stop taking it for acouple days. go back down to a low dose pm after your period It has been proven to be a low grade birth control because of the large amounts of estrogen it produces(but do not use it for that purpose because lowgrade means like 30% effective). PC & PM are both natural hormones created by the body if you get to much of one you will spin your body out of wack. i'd suggest lower your pm dose to the minimum for atleast a solid month so your body can adjust to the new hormone levels then monthly raise your dose a little. also ease up on the soap lotions you are putting to much into yourself to fast you must be gradual with it of like i said before you spin your body out of wack. this is my 2-3 month and im still taking low doses 450 pm / 500 fenugreek/ and about 10mg/pc. after this mens i plan to up my doses to double. always remember you have to give your body time to adjust ^_^ good luck

I've experienced this problem and it is very frustrating and kind of scary. I feel for you. If you want to continue using the PM and find some kind of regularity then you'll have to experiment with it a bit to find what works for you. There are so many different recommended ways to use or cycle PM and part of that is just that each woman in different and so what works great for one causes chaos with another. Something to keep in mind is that if once you find a dosage schedule that works for you somewhat and you can be fairly consistent with it for a few months (2-4) then you body does tend to "right itself" and the cycle will probably normalize, but that's also the time that most people would recommend taking a break from PM because it will loose its effectiveness once your body is totally used it it Rolleyes sigh. Hope that helps a little bit, hon!

My period is also affected by using PM.
It delays my period from 28 days to almost 41 days now and it can last for 9 days with just small quantity discharge everyday.
I feel frustrated about it...should I stop using it?Huh
Though my breasts doesn't grow much but they look fuller are bouncy.

As many people here would say: listen to your body! And if you read some other threads, people say that you should cycle if PM is affecting your period. Some people and chiyomilk do it PM day 1-14 and other herbs day 15-28. I personally do PM day 7-21, and planning to add vitex day 14-21.

(16-07-2013, 09:45 AM)loverstilly Wrote:  As many people here would say: listen to your body! And if you read some other threads, people say that you should cycle if PM is affecting your period. Some people and chiyomilk do it PM day 1-14 and other herbs day 15-28. I personally do PM day 7-21, and planning to add vitex day 14-21.

Thank you so much!!! Loverstilly~I think I need to stop taking in PM and wait until my period comes again.
I haven't read all posts here..seems many of you succeed in growing! Envy Smile
Pending heart to choose which program to follow~

I'd like to emphasize that it's important to stop taking PM before YOUR ovulation, not necessarily day 14. The reason that most people recommend taking PM on day 14 and after is because that's the general estimation of when women ovulate. But women actually ovulate at different times. So you can ovulate sooner or after day 14. So if you actually ovulate on day 12, stopping on day 14 is too late, and therefore it delays your ovulation and consequently your period for who-knows-how-many-days. I'm aware some ladies here can keep taking PM for a whole month, but if you experience much longer period than usual, it's crucial to know when you ovulate so you can stop PM 1-2 days before it.

(18-07-2013, 02:19 AM)goosebump Wrote:  I'd like to emphasize that it's important to stop taking PM before YOUR ovulation, not necessarily day 14. The reason that most people recommend taking PM on day 14 and after is because that's the general estimation of when women ovulate. But women actually ovulate at different times. So you can ovulate sooner or after day 14. So if you actually ovulate on day 12, stopping on day 14 is too late, and therefore it delays your ovulation and consequently your period for who-knows-how-many-days. I'm aware some ladies here can keep taking PM for a whole month, but if you experience much longer period than usual, it's crucial to know when you ovulate so you can stop PM 1-2 days before it.
Thanks goosebump..
So I will start frm day one when period come and stop before ovulation for the next cycle..the no.1 problem is my period now.
How can I get my period back? I have already stopped my PM.
Should I consult doctor for this?
Do i need to take milk thistle to clean my body?

Thank-you for all your advice and in-puts. I stopped taking everything, including vitamin and other supplements for a whole month. I also had my iud removed, ouch. I started PM again last week on the first day of my period. I'm only taking 500mg of the powder form. I add it to my protein shake and drink it throughout the day. I also started taking Camila, a progesterone birth control. I'm going to continue taking PM throughout the month. I have tried taking PM only half of the month before and that did not go well. As soon as I stopped, I got the mense. I also notice that if I miss a day or two without taking PM, I will spot. So it's important that I consistently take it daily. I also don't want to take PM half way and switch to fenugreek, saw palmettow or goats rue. I took those herbs while breasts feeding to help increase milk production. I still am lactating a little and do not want to increase milk production now. I had some pretty bad experience with breastfeeding, due to infrequent lactating session, that I don't want to go through with now that I'm not breastfeeding. I could be wrong about using fenugreek, since milk production is also increased with nipple stimulation. I don't want to take my chances now. For now, I'll take PM throughout the month. Also, the dr. said Camila birth control could stop my mense from coming and it may be more random. We'll see how this month goes. Since Camila BC is only 0.35mg, I'm considering reducing PM to 250mg only. I don't want to become estrogen dominant. I'll start taking only 250mg PM next Tuesday. Right now I'm also massaging my breasts with PM soap in the shower and massage with PM cream after. Next Tuesday I'll stop PM soap and cream and use PC cream and flaxseed oil for massages. In the shower, I'll use regular soap for massages. I'm almost halfway through this month and no results yet. I'm starting to think that maybe PM isn't for me. I started my nbe journey in January with trials and errors and there's still lots of trials and errors with no success.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon