Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

I have low blood sugar and trying NBE

Hi,
So I'm new to NBE. I tried out Fenugreek, but am experiencing symptoms of Hypoglycemia. I already suffer from mild low blood sugar (have had fainting issues in the past) so I'm now wondering if anyone knows of a strong phytoestrogen that doesn't lower blood sugar? It seems like a lot of them do. Thanks!

BTW I'm 20 years old, Asian- American.
110 lbs. 5 ft 3 inches.
Bust: 31.5 inches
Under-bust: 27 inches

I'm thinking of taking...

2x Soy Isoflavones 40mg or 1x PM- 500mg
3x Dandelion Root 515mg
3x Red Clover 354mg
2x Saw Palmetto 450mg
3x Wild Yam 425mg
1x L-Arginine 1000mg
1x Maca 500mg

Others:
1x CVS Daily Multiple Multivitamin supplement with antioxidants A, C and E
1x Biotin 1000mg

Any suggestions? changes I need to make on my NBE plan?

Fenugreek or goat's rue can lower blood sugar from increased sensitivity to insulin. I don't know for sure, but due to similarity to those two I could guess that wild yam and shatavari would also lower blood sugar.

Soy isoflavones, PM or red clover taken together would fight it out and you'd get something part way in between. Soy and red clover are weak but more gentle, PM is strong but harsh. Simpler to pick only one.

Make sure the saw palmetto is an extract or it won't be concentrated enough to do much. NOW makes a good one, for example.

HGH studies use around 5,000-6,000 mg L-arginine. 1,000 mg is unlikely to be significant compared to what you already get from eating protein.

Maca has zero effect at 1500 mg and below. Most studies use 3,000 mg but the sky is the limit.

Due to your health issues you should eat way more seeds such as whole grains, nuts and beans. The best ones are brown rice (huge amount) and sunflower seeds (a handful). A little bit of sunchokes, a root vegetable, could help too. Or you could get related health foods like wheat germ, rice bran and nutritional yeast. Studies link whole grains to reduced diabetes and hypoglycemia, among many many other benefits. Sunflower seeds and sunchokes help in other related ways. A multi-B would be more complete than a multivitamin for these B vitamin nutrients, but it's still not as complete as real food.

(10-06-2013, 07:08 PM)Little1 Wrote:  Hi,
So I'm new to NBE. I tried out Fenugreek, but am experiencing symptoms of Hypoglycemia. I already suffer from mild low blood sugar (have had fainting issues in the past) so I'm now wondering if anyone knows of a strong phytoestrogen that doesn't lower blood sugar? It seems like a lot of them do. Thanks!

BTW I'm 20 years old, Asian- American.
110 lbs. 5 ft 3 inches.
Bust: 31.5 inches
Under-bust: 27 inches

I'm thinking of taking...

2x Soy Isoflavones 40mg or 1x PM- 500mg
3x Dandelion Root 515mg
3x Red Clover 354mg
2x Saw Palmetto 450mg
3x Wild Yam 425mg
1x L-Arginine 1000mg
1x Maca 500mg

Others:
1x Biotin 1000mg

Any suggestions? changes I need to make on my NBE plan?

Hey, I am too. I have low blood sugar since young age (gene related). I am easily faint if it can not pump fast enough in my brain. In my past experience, I always have to have something sugary drink closeby to help me the pass out. You might want to consume more Iron and Milk intakes.

Anyway, I read somewhere in this forum, it said it could be the sign of Estrogen Deficiency. You might want to ask your doctor to run some tests to confirm (although doctors surely dont know everything, you just have to keep track on your own body).

I had tried FG prior switching to BO, maybe you want to try UB or BB as many other senior NBErs would recommend.
Good luck to you and uhhh me too Smile

-V

Blush Thanks for the feedback and support!!!
@CancerStrikes2 What's BO, UB and BB??? Huh

I'm going to recover my low blood sugar just by eating healthier (NO JUNK FOOD), exercising more and eating my vitamins (the list below) before starting my NBE plan...

Daily Plan
1x Biotin 1000mg
1x Spring Valley Iron 65 mg, 100ct, 2-Pack
1x Nature Made Super B-Complex Value Pack Tablets, 280ct
1x Spring Valley Fish/ flaxseed/ Borage Oil Contains Omega 3/6/9 Dietary Supplement 120 ct

After a month or so I'll start my NBE plan:
2x PM- 500mg for a week then 1x after my first week
2x Saw Palmetto 450mg
And drink more ginseng water or Green tea/Oolong tea and more Chinese Herbal soups (Lol whenever/whatever soups/herbal drinks my mom cooks upTongue).

OH YEAH GUYS for this week: Walmart, Kmart, CVS, Walgreens Have Vitamins/Herbs on Sale. You might wanna go out and stock up your Vitamins/Herbs. Big GrinTongueWink

BO is Bovine Ovary. It is the ovary/placenta of a cow in a pill. The main two most popular Bovine Ovary pill brands used by women on this forum as UB and BB. UB= Ultra Breast BB=Bountiful Breast

You might want to try Swansonvitamin website instead. They are a lot cheaper than Walmart as if you register their website, you got additional discount.
GNC also offers $10 off $20 for your protein shakes (go to slickdeals.net/search for gnc coupon deals).

-V

I believe fennel is known to increase blood sugar, and it's an herb that raises estrogen levels.

Personally, I found I cannot tolerate dandelion root - it exhausts me, makes me feel like crap. (same with blessed thistle - if you're the same as me don't buy that one as well!)

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon