Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Ladies with PCOS and diet talk?

Although I've never been diagnosed with PCOS, I have a lot of the same symptoms. One thing that really made me think so was the fact that I had problems with cysts on my ovaries. Now my periods are so light it's almost non existent and they've become more irregular. The biggest sign of all was when I realized carbs and sugar not only make me bloat but I get constipated and I noticed when I cut it out for a while my body started shaping more womanly and less acne. Was wondering how you all eat? Do you have like Amy sugar or carbs at all just small quantities? Do you eat fruits? I eat 180 g of carbs and 80 g of sugar on average a day. It's all from Greek yogurts, honey, lots of fruit and veggies, and old fashioned oatmeal. I drink fat free milk it makes me feel really good and stay away from bread and sweets! But every now and then I'll have one or two oreos and if I eat bread I always try to do gluten free or whole wheat. Pretty much try to eat in moderation but not torture myself. I have noticed I've been so tired lately and period was a week late. Is this diet not good enough? I exercise a lot btw

(25-05-2013, 03:59 PM)kelsitree Wrote:  Although I've never been diagnosed with PCOS, I have a lot of the same symptoms. One thing that really made me think so was the fact that I had problems with cysts on my ovaries. Now my periods are so light it's almost non existent and they've become more irregular. The biggest sign of all was when I realized carbs and sugar not only make me bloat but I get constipated and I noticed when I cut it out for a while my body started shaping more womanly and less acne. Was wondering how you all eat? Do you have like Amy sugar or carbs at all just small quantities? Do you eat fruits? I eat 180 g of carbs and 80 g of sugar on average a day. It's all from Greek yogurts, honey, lots of fruit and veggies, and old fashioned oatmeal. I drink fat free milk it makes me feel really good and stay away from bread and sweets! But every now and then I'll have one or two oreos and if I eat bread I always try to do gluten free or whole wheat. Pretty much try to eat in moderation but not torture myself. I have noticed I've been so tired lately and period was a week late. Is this diet not good enough? I exercise a lot btw

You could be sensitive to dairy. I am but its almost impossible to cut it out entirely. Try to supplement with unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk. Also use Pure cane sugar or stevia. And here's the thing with bread/wheat... Many people have developed gluten allergies because wheat isn't what it used to be back in the 60's. All this BS on how whole wheat is good for you is just a marketing ploy. Yes its better than refined white flour, but its really just choosing the lesser of two evils. Most all wheat is now a genetically modified-super-sustainable-monster wheat. In many people, eating 2 pieces of whole wheat bread causes more of an insulin spike than a candy bar. This of course causes a plethora of issues that have most people wracking their brains trying to figure out whats wrong with them. Try using quinoa flour or coconut flour for baking and such. Its been a bitch to do but Ive scene improvements in my overall health. Good luck! Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon