Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Wild yam cream same as progesterone cream?

I went to vitamin world to get progesterone but the lady said thats prescriptive and that Wil Yam Cream is just like it. is it really the same?? I wanted to just order the P.C online since I didnt know what stores they would be at but I keep hearing it should be USP approved n idk if the online ones are safe :o I have no idea what brand to get n stuff. please help!!

" Wild Yam Extract: Wild yam is an herb that is advertised to promote progesterone production in your body. The diosgenin in the wild yam can only be converted into progesterone in the lab. It cannot be converted by the human body. The ingredient, wild yam, itself is not very effective in helping to restore progesterone balance. It does seem to benefit women in other ways. It has been used in herbal medicine for years to ease cramps and menopause problems. "

This is fromt he website http://voices.yahoo.com/learn-real-truth...html?cat=2 , it also explains USP.
These creams are originally intended to easy menopausal symptomes, that's probably why that lady said it's the same thing.

For a list of natural progesterone creams + websites you can check out http://www.johnleemd.com/store/resource_...erone.html but I dont know which would be best though, I havent looked into progesterone cream yet myself.

Good luck!!

Where are you that real progesterone cream is prescription only? You might be able to order it online and still get it... Sometimes.

Wild Yam cream really is not at all the same.

(14-05-2013, 05:05 PM)AthenaGirl Wrote:  I went to vitamin world to get progesterone but the lady said thats prescriptive and that Wil Yam Cream is just like it. is it really the same?? I wanted to just order the P.C online since I didnt know what stores they would be at but I keep hearing it should be USP approved n idk if the online ones are safe :o I have no idea what brand to get n stuff. please help!!

Try swansonvitamin website for all of your herbal stufs including PC. I found they are the cheapest one. Register at their website for extra discount + free shipping. They are really fast in shipping.
-V

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon