Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Observation: Ovulation and Acne

Ok ladies this just a strange observation but I suppose much of NBE came from observation so this can't be too farfetched. Wink

First cycle while taking Natures Answer PM. My skin has been relatively clear and all around nice... until I ovulated. I'm not sure what caused the acne but I noticed I only broke out on one side of my face. Like literally four blemishes on the left side of my face and then a couple on the left side of my shoulder/back.

Kinda like how the opposite side of the brain controls the opposite side of the body; Can the same be said for your ovaries and acne? Perhaps my left ovary was at work this month and that's why I only had acne on the left side of my body.

Like I said a strange observation. But It popped into my head and I just had to ask if anyone has experienced something similar?

I don't think things work like that, because anything released by an ovary would surely pass into the blood stream and circulate throughout the body, don't you think?

I'd forgotten about this. Yeah, now that I think about it these two things don't correlate. It just kinda popped into my brain one night and I ran with it. Rolleyes

Interestingly enough Ive found this info..
"Zone 11 & 12: Hormones — This is the signature zone for stress and hormonal changes. And while both are sometimes unavoidable, you can decrease their effect by getting adequate sleep, drinking enough water, eating leafy veggies and keeping skin scrupulously clean. Another interesting point: breakouts in this area indicate when you are ovulating (and on which side)."

http://thebeautygypsy.com/what-is-your-a...lling-you/

So there is some correlation between these two factors. Hmm!

not sure if its true but a few people say if you get a spot on your chin while ovulating the side of the spot is the side of the ovary that is releasing the egg i dont get spots often at all though

(17-07-2013, 12:32 PM)BonitaDDs Wrote:  not sure if its true but a few people say if you get a spot on your chin while ovulating the side of the spot is the side of the ovary that is releasing the egg i dont get spots often at all though

Yep, Ive been researching a little and most of what Ive read says that whatever side your ovum is released, your more likely to get acne along the corresponding side of your body... Which seems to happen to me.

Lolz. Not sure if this can be helpful to NBE/hormone problems buts its interesting! Tongue

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon