Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Natural Testosterone-Blocker

Does anybody know of a natural testosterone-blocking herb that can work just as good as a perscription one?

I think that the reason why my breasts never developped is because I have too many male hormones in my body so it's blocking my breasts from growing normally...

Hi!!

I'm totally new at this, so don't take my word for it, but I read in AbiDrew's program thread that she used Saw Palmetto as a blocker, or to help with blocking. I'd definitely check out her thread if you haven't. And the herb lists and functions lists. Hope you find what you need!

I think you need to make your new best friend a big cup of spearmint tea Tongue

Most articles I've read suggest 2 cups a day.

Good luck!!

I'm actually using a combination now of spearmint, chinese skullcap, and saw palmetto, and seem to have found the magic formula for my own body.

Everyone is different though, and your needs will not be the same as my needs. I guarantee it.

Saw palmetto primarily blocks the production of dihydrotestosterone from free t. It really should be only used to THAT single purpose only.

Chinese skullcap blocks the production of all testosterone. However, it also partially blocks the reduction of E2 to E3. So severe caution must be practiced with this herb.

Spearmint blocks the androgen RECEPTORS. Effectively inhibiting the ACTION of ALL androgens in the body.

Most girls will probably get the most benefit from spearmint alone.

(03-04-2013, 11:04 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  I'm actually using a combination now of spearmint, chinese skullcap, and saw palmetto, and seem to have found the magic formula for my own body.

Everyone is different though, and your needs will not be the same as my needs. I guarantee it.

Saw palmetto primarily blocks the production of dihydrotestosterone from free t. It really should be only used to THAT single purpose only.

Chinese skullcap blocks the production of all testosterone. However, it also partially blocks the reduction of E2 to E3. So severe caution must be practiced with this herb.

Spearmint blocks the androgen RECEPTORS. Effectively inhibiting the ACTION of ALL androgens in the body.

Most girls will probably get the most benefit from spearmint alone.

Thank you so much for the help ! I think I will try the Spearmint tea...it seems the easiest. I don't like taking pills...I would rather drink tea! I've never been to the doctor about this before but I have a facial hair problem. Ever since I was 12 I had a lot of hair growing in the beard, mustache and chin area. I also had very irregular periods. Sometimes I would go 7 months without getting a perriod...And my breasts NEVER grew. My chest looks like the chest of a 10 year old boy...No joke. Sad

I am no 100% but I think that since I have male features, I must have too much testosterone in my body and It is preventing my breasts from growing.... Hopefully by trying a testosterone blocker, like Spearmint tea, it will help my breasts grow.

It is possible... But honestly in my experience with women's hormones it's rarely so clear cut as that.

More likely you either have true or pseudo hyperaldosteronism OR thyroid OR pituitary problems. Or a combination.

But excessive T is easiest to treat, so you can always try that first.

If that doesn't work out for you, I would suggest talking to a doc about it.

(04-04-2013, 10:40 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  It is possible... But honestly in my experience with women's hormones it's rarely so clear cut as that.

More likely you either have true or pseudo hyperaldosteronism OR thyroid OR pituitary problems. Or a combination.

But excessive T is easiest to treat, so you can always try that first.

If that doesn't work out for you, I would suggest talking to a doc about it.

But isn't hyperaldosteronism, thyroid and pituitary problems caused my too much testosterone?

(06-04-2013, 09:09 PM)lil_babyxoxo Wrote:  But isn't hyperaldosteronism, thyroid and pituitary problems caused my too much testosterone?

Uhm. Whatever gave you that idea? Pituitary problems can cause excess testosterone, but not really the other way around. And the other two aren't even remotely linked.

Some common symptoms are oddly similar between the three, and also with excess testosterone, but they aren't actually the same thing at all.

Hyperaldosteronism is when your body is producing too much aldosterone, which can cause aldosterone-based hirsutism, which will NOT respond to anti-androgens!

Pseudohyperaldosteronism is when your body ACTS like you have hyperaldosteronism, but in actuality it's too much cortisols! This is often closely linked with other pituitary problems. True hyperaldosteronism often appears all by itself in an otherwise completely normal endocrine system.

Thyroid problems are when you either aren't producing enough, or are producing too much TSH (aka thyroxine, aka thyroid hormone.) Or your body isn't accepting it for some reason.

TSH is actually a VERY precarious balance. So it's actually a surprisingly common imbalance, though it's extremely under-diagnosed.

(06-04-2013, 11:29 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
(06-04-2013, 09:09 PM)lil_babyxoxo Wrote:  But isn't hyperaldosteronism, thyroid and pituitary problems caused my too much testosterone?

Uhm. Whatever gave you that idea? Pituitary problems can cause excess testosterone, but not really the other way around. And the other two aren't even remotely linked.

Some common symptoms are oddly similar between the three, and also with excess testosterone, but they aren't actually the same thing at all.

Hyperaldosteronism is when your body is producing too much aldosterone, which can cause aldosterone-based hirsutism, which will NOT respond to anti-androgens!

Pseudohyperaldosteronism is when your body ACTS like you have hyperaldosteronism, but in actuality it's too much cortisols! This is often closely linked with other pituitary problems. True hyperaldosteronism often appears all by itself in an otherwise completely normal endocrine system.

Thyroid problems are when you either aren't producing enough, or are producing too much TSH (aka thyroxine, aka thyroid hormone.) Or your body isn't accepting it for some reason.

TSH is actually a VERY precarious balance. So it's actually a surprisingly common imbalance, though it's extremely under-diagnosed.

Thank you so much for all the information! I really appreciate it.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon