Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM while on BC pills...

So i have been doing some research on the topic of PM being used while taking BC pills. Some people say dont take them, others say its ok as long as you cycle. My question is about how it affects bc pills?

Will taking PM make it more likely for me to become pregnant while on bc?

Forgive me if this question is redundant or been answered somewhere else, i could not find it.

(03-04-2013, 12:29 AM)Shortcakekate Wrote:  So i have been doing some research on the topic of PM being used while taking BC pills. Some people say dont take them, others say its ok as long as you cycle. My question is about how it affects bc pills?

Will taking PM make it more likely for me to become pregnant while on bc?

Forgive me if this question is redundant or been answered somewhere else, i could not find it.

Took PM for 7 months
and BCP for few years

I'm still not pregnant, and sometimes I do forget to take the BCP

Thank you for your reply. One more question..

I usually take my bc pills straight through meaning, i do not take a 7 day placebo pill break, therefore eliminating my periods. I have consulted with my gyno with this and she advised me that it is totally normal & not dangerous (I usually take a 7 day break once a year).

Would I still have to cycle the PM? Or could I take it consistently as well considering I have the same amount of hormones in my body pretty much all the time????

I don't think you'd have to cycle, maybe take a week break every month or two. Most women cycle just to keep it from messing up their period.

(03-04-2013, 11:28 PM)Shortcakekate Wrote:  Thank you for your reply. One more question..

I usually take my bc pills straight through meaning, i do not take a 7 day placebo pill break, therefore eliminating my periods. I have consulted with my gyno with this and she advised me that it is totally normal & not dangerous (I usually take a 7 day break once a year).

Would I still have to cycle the PM? Or could I take it consistently as well considering I have the same amount of hormones in my body pretty much all the time????

I don't know, but I'm interested that why you do that?
What's the benefit of it? Thanks

(04-04-2013, 06:19 AM)JCDW Wrote:  I don't know, but I'm interested that why you do that?

Simply because it's nice to not have to deal with bleeding every month. I don't have to pay for tampons/pads, i don't get cramps or have nearly as many mood changes monthly & I have somewhat of a long distance relationship so whenever I get the chance to "get busy" i'd like to be able to mess free.

(04-04-2013, 11:51 PM)Shortcakekate Wrote:  
(04-04-2013, 06:19 AM)JCDW Wrote:  I don't know, but I'm interested that why you do that?

Simply because it's nice to not have to deal with bleeding every month. I don't have to pay for tampons/pads, i don't get cramps or have nearly as many mood changes monthly & I have somewhat of a long distance relationship so whenever I get the chance to "get busy" i'd like to be able to mess free.
I see, thanks for sharing.

But will there be any damages to our body?

Nope. Both gynocologists I've spoke too about this have assured me its safe and not dangerous. I've also researched it and had a few friends who initially suggested it to me. However, I do take a break about twice a year. I wouldn't suggest it for everyone, and anyone thinking about should consult their doctor before hand.

(05-04-2013, 02:18 PM)Shortcakekate Wrote:  Nope. Both gynocologists I've spoke too about this have assured me its safe and not dangerous. I've also researched it and had a few friends who initially suggested it to me. However, I do take a break about twice a year. I wouldn't suggest it for everyone, and anyone thinking about should consult their doctor before hand.

I tried once, that time I need to go travel and didn't want my period ruin my holiday, so I straightly started a new pack of bcp. The acnes came out :-(

usually I would break out right before my period, but since doing non-stop it has disappeared completely. It did take a few months for my body to adjust though...

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon