Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

timarie's waist-is-small-and-curves-are-kickin' program

I'm rolling over here!! I cannot believe I posted the wrong link. Yeah, I had just shared that black bean salsa recipe with another friend. I was tired and didn't notice.. but yeah, it's kind of like the picture you showed. Black bean salsa.. i can't believe it!

that's a bummer that machine won't work for the butt. I really don't have access to a gym.

Gotta say it, AMAZING results! It's nice to see that after all the hard work. I'd like my butt to get bigger too, so I'm working out...but it prolly won't perk up THAT much since I just have 10lbs dumbells. I'll see what happens after a while though, still trying to lose weight too.
Again good job!

(12-06-2013, 07:07 PM)Summerglow Wrote:  that's a bummer that machine won't work for the butt. I really don't have access to a gym.

I know, it's a bummer! But, if you really have no way of having access to a gym, the one way you can still have an effective workout for building your glutes while at home would be to buy a barbell with weight plates. This way you can do lot of great glute exercises such as squats, deadlifts, walking lunges, good mornings, glute bridges, step ups, hip thrusts, etc in your home! All of these can be done with a barbell, and you will be able to stack the amount of weight that you need.

OR you could buy a home gym (which is expensive!) such as this one http://www.fitnessfactoryoutlet.com/stor...4AodKBEAQQ but this is limited to only the leg press and a cable, with which you can do kick backs and pull throughs, but that is about it for the glutes. Personally, if I had no way of accessing a gym, I would buy a barbell, the weight plates (45lb, 10lb, and 5lb), 5, 7, 10, 15, and 30 lb dumbells, and if I had enough money I would also buy the Smith Machine (like this more affordable one: http://www.thebenchpress.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=64&cPath=22#.Ublt6pz7Afg not sure of the quality though, you might want to do your research on that). This will help you to keep good form for your squats, and you can do stationary lunges with this if you do not have the space to do walking lunges. The Smith Machine is your friend when it comes to heavy free weights. And, since you'd be using all free weights for your exercises, I would recommend a lifting belt! Oh and definitely workout gloves. NEVER skip out on this.

(13-06-2013, 12:59 AM)Miss Vanity Wrote:  Gotta say it, AMAZING results! It's nice to see that after all the hard work. I'd like my butt to get bigger too, so I'm working out...but it prolly won't perk up THAT much since I just have 10lbs dumbells. I'll see what happens after a while though, still trying to lose weight too.
Again good job!

Thanks Miss Vanity! It's good that you have realistic expectations with what tools you are using. Good luck with your booty journey, and keep us updated on your progress!

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~..~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Here's a little motivation for today...

I have a barbell and disk weights. Most of this stuff belongs to my husband but I can use it. I just need to look up the form on what to do with it.
What is a lifting belt?

(13-06-2013, 02:14 PM)Summerglow Wrote:  I have a barbell and disk weights. Most of this stuff belongs to my husband but I can use it. I just need to look up the form on what to do with it.
What is a lifting belt?

A weight lifting belt:

Article on purpose of wearing one:

http://skinnybulkup.com/weight-lifting-belts/

Many argue that you shouldn't have to use this because your core should be strong enough to properly lift the weight or you shouldn't be lifting that heavy weight at all. Well, maybe for those with different goals, but I do not particularly want my core to be carrying this weight, or my back... I just want my glutes to be hit the hardest, so I need the heaviest weight possible. Of course since it is a compound exercise, avoiding hitting the other muscles is virtually impossible, but I want to get my glutes to pulling as much of the load as possible. So, the weight lifting belt supports the core/lower back so you do not hurt it and it helps to keep you with better form when you lift really heavy weights. I will emphasize here: REALLY HEAVY WEIGHTS. You will probably not need it when you first start off, but you will eventually get to the point of needing it as you increase your weights to a point that you may potentially find yourself hurting in your lower back afterwards. ESPECIALLY when lifting free weights. Your husband probably knows what these belts are Tongue I actually have not needed it until recently, I have occasionally (actually, almost always with my V-Squat and the Leg Press) find my lower back hurting afterwards and the next day, so I have asked around and I was advised to try them. So, as you can see I only hurt my back with certain exercises, you will only want to use the belt for those exercises and let your core get stronger with the other exercises that do not put too much stress on your core. The reason I say this is because the downfall of people who wear the belt for EVERYTHING is that their core gets weaker and that's just-- no good. And awesome that you already have a barbell and weight plates! Oh and I forgot to add that you will probably want to buy a barbell pad if you don't already have one. This is to protect your neck/spine from the heavy barbell resting on it. I do not do my barbell walking lunges without it!

I did not know there were pads for barbells and weight lifting belts. I don't think I even knew about the gloves. lol I have a very weak core and a weak lower back. I actually need to strenghten it some but the belt would help me not hurt myself. thanks!

Measurement Up-Date Tongue

So here are my updated measurements:

Underbust/Bust: 29"/35" Sad
Waist: 25"--!!! Big Grin
Hip/Butt: 40" Dodgy

So, I have been generally eating less since I have been on this break, but I have been consistent with everything else (CLA, HMB, protein intake AT LEAST 100 grams a day, stomach vacuum throughout the day whenever I think of it, and obviously my daily vitamins), so my results are not incredibly surprising. My waist shrunk by still another half inch (it literally sinks inward now. I'm not exactly sure if I can get any smaller without the use of a corset at this point!), and my butt shrunk a quarter inch in the first week and another quarter inch the second week, and after that it has maintained it's 40". I think anyone can see that it is pretty obvious that I "leaned out" meaning that I shed the fat that was in with my muscle. So now it is just muscle, and I will not lose what I have because I keep up with my protein and my HMB. I am glad that I did not continue to lose after I hit the 40" mark. This is promising, especially for when I get back to my exercise routine! Which, I am still driving, btw.

(14-06-2013, 02:35 AM)Summerglow Wrote:  I did not know there were pads for barbells and weight lifting belts. I don't think I even knew about the gloves. lol I have a very weak core and a weak lower back. I actually need to strenghten it some but the belt would help me not hurt myself. thanks!

You're welcome! Wink So yeah for your case, you should probably try to strengthen your core while you lift the lighter weights when you start off. You will naturally progress to strengthen your core. You've got the idea, girl! Good luck and keep us posted!!

Hi Timarie! How is your break going ? It must be so difficult to stop especially when you are achieving your desired goals. ( I will have a surgery soon and Iam getting upset because i have to stop from training for a whole month at least).
I have a question for you: Do squats and/ or deadlifts make the waist thicker ? ( i´ve been lifting 50 kilos ) Because i definitely don´t want that.

Thank you so much Smile

(05-07-2013, 08:36 PM)Ceci82 Wrote:  Hi Timarie! How is your break going ? It must be so difficult to stop especially when you are achieving your desired goals. ( I will have a surgery soon and Iam getting upset because i have to stop from training for a whole month at least).
I have a question for you: Do squats and/ or deadlifts make the waist thicker ? ( i´ve been lifting 50 kilos ) Because i definitely don´t want that.

Thank you so much Smile

No, the following link might help you. Good luck
http://www.atlnightspots.com/eva-andress...ower-body/

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon