Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Scientific study about bra fitting

This is the first scientific study about bra fitting! The results showed that traditional bra fitting measurements (i.e. adding 4-5 inches to chest circumference then subtracting that number from the overbust measurement) over-estimated the band size and underestimated the cup size. For example, if traditional bra fitting methods indicated that you were a 34A, a 32B bra would provide a better fit!

Attached Files
.pdf 00140139.2011.647096.pdf Size: 462.15 KB  Downloads: 115

I have found that to be true. Several months ago I took my daughter bra shopping at Nordstrom. Of all the stores in the US that I've bought bras from, they have the best fitters. Anyway, she had been wearing a 36C when a 32DD fit her much better (same size cup, smaller band). Depending on your underbust measurement, you may need to go up more than one letter.

I agree because VS measured me at 36C but I definitely fit a 34D better. The 36Band is to loose or me.

yeah i have found this with me also, my measurements make me a 12A according to online calculators but i dont fit into a 12A i "spill" over the top, a 12B is much more comfy and fits so much better

I've switched from a 34A to a 28D and it makes SUCH a difference! You should definitely wear a band as close to your underbust circumference as possible. (Eg. I measure 26.5, so I could wear 28D or26DD, although 26 bands are near impossible to find.)

Yes, I think most women are wearing a band that is too big and a cup that is too small. The support should be coming from the band (not the shoulder straps!), so it needs to be snug. Tips:

1. The elastic weakens over time, so you want the bra to be snug on the FIRST set of hooks. You move in to the other hooks as the elastic gets weaker. So like Cranberry says, your band size should be as close to your underbust measurement as possible.
2. If you can fit more than 2-3 fingers between your body and the band of your bra, it's probably too big. You should go down a band size and up a cup size.
3. If you have underarm/back fat a lot of that might be breast tissue that's been "pushed out" because you're wearing a cup that is too small. A proper fitting bra will help move it back into place, resulting in fuller breasts.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon