Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

So this is why arginine can be effective

So before arginine was popular after someone taking it had good results (not necessary the arginine) and it was debated about its effectiveness. People were taking it to increase blood flow via nitric oxide. But the theory of it achieving this was not true as the studies had it directly infused in the blood stream, not taken orally. ANYWAY. People still said it worked.

I was having a look around and read this today.

"According to the results of a study published in September 1994 in "Clinical Endocrinology," arginine encourages secretion of prolactin, but this response is impaired in patients with hyperthyroidism. Results of another study, published in the "American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology" in March 2000, found that arginine was involved in the cascade of chemical reactions leading to the regulation of prolactin secretion. Newer and more thorough studies need to be done to establish a more definitive relationship between arginine and prolactin."

So I guess it is useful after all.

If you are new and reading this. Do not abuse your prolactin levels. Extended periods of increased prolactin can lead to over worked milk glands and saggy post pregnancy boobs.

Wow, I've never read that before. That's crazy. Maybe I will be buying some to mix in with my PC! ^^; I'm assuming since they just mentioned hyperthyroidism, that those with hypo might still be ok.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon