Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Please Help: Progesterone cream and horrible feeling, scared I ODed or something

So last night I rubbed on a little progesterone cream and within the hour felt like my brain was turning into a sponge. My body was overly warm, I had a blood like metallic taste in my mouth. It was horrifyingly terrible feeling and I was worried I poisoned myself. What in the world happened?

I have a horrible migraine today. I usually take 610mg 2x twice a day of fenugreek 2x wild yam and 1 saw palmetto for 450g. My period has stopped and I just feel terrible.

Edit: Please does anyone have an answer? I'm scared to take this stuff again, I feel like throwing up. I've been doing this for a month and it's like this now...My head hurts I'm dizzy my body aches.

I think I can say with almost perfect certainty that progesterone cream can not kill you or even send you to the emergency room, so you have no reason to be extremely worried about this unless your cream contains another ingredient that you haven't mentioned. Is there anything odd about your progesterone cream? I mean does it contain only USP progesterone, or does it have any other "active" ingredients?

What do you mean when you say your brain felt like a sponge? I know that I when I take too much PC I feel distant and confused. Is that what you mean? I think some of your symptoms, like the "muddle-headedness", really were caused were caused by PC, but most of the rest of your symptoms are probably just minor everyday issues that weren't actually caused by the PC. It's also worth mentioning (unfortunately there's no way to say this without sounding condescending) some of your symptoms were probably very real, but were caused only by freaking out. Again, that doesn't mean they were imaginary, but stress usually doesn't make people feel great. Maybe you should take a break from the PC to have your hormones tested, but in the mean time just stay calm and wait for it to leave your system naturally. There's no reason to worry that you've "poisoned" yourself.

Remember that progesterone is a natural hormone and women already produce plenty of it. During pregnancy your body would produce a LOT more progesterone then what you're taking now, even if you took waaay more than you were supposed to (which I doubt). Progesterone is fairly harmless stuff, but that doesn't mean that everyone should be taking it or that there are no side effects. A sudden increase in progesterone can apparently make some people feel very sleepy and muddle headed. It happened to me, and in my case it was very scary, because when I'm unusually sleepy (like when I've taken sleeping pills, or when I've been prescribed "downers" for pain) I get strange elaborate hallucinations right after waking up, while I'm still in bed. I was terrified at first, but now I realize that it's just something that happens to me when I'm very sleepy, and sleepiness won't actually hurt me. The muddle-headedness from PC is a very weird feeling but it's probably not harmful in and of itself.

On the other hand, I don't want you to think that I mean you should necessarily keep using PC. You might not need to take progesterone cream at all. I have a feeling most women just don't need it and shouldn't take it. Have you had a real hormone test? Not an online quiz, but an actual saliva and/or blood test? If not, I think you should buy a progesterone test from this site: http://www.johnleemd.com/store/prod_stest.html You might have excess progesterone because of the cream (but maybe not). In that case, all you can do is wait it out, but there's no reason why you would have horrible symptoms in the mean time. If you have the extra money and you think it's worthwhile, you could get a complete female hormone panel instead. That would let you know whether your other hormone levels have been affected indirectly. If it turns out that your progesterone levels are absolutely through the roof due to the cream, you might also have high T. You can treat the high T, or just let it return to baseline on it's own. I don't see why it wouldn't. Even if you do have high T, you'd probably just get a raging sex drive and some pimples Tongue That's not too bad.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon