Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

A lot of questions!!!

Exclamation 

Lately, I have been doing a lot of reading in preparation for starting my own NBE program, but I have a lot of questions before I finalize the routine. I am hoping someone will be able to help me out.

Firstly, is Cod Liver Oil the same as the 'fish oil' I keep reading about on the forum? Huh

If I start a routine with FG, Do I need to add another phytoestrogen to the routine? If yes, what might be a good idea? Red Clover and Hops are not available in my place, nor can be ordered online. Sad

I have read a lot about PM, but don't know how to figure out the two phases of my cycle. And even if I did manage to figure something out, do I need to add anything else when I am on PM?

And it also raises the question of what to take in the Luteal Phase if I do not want to use Progesterone Cream. Huh

I want to gain weight, a lot of it, since I am so underweight due to super fast metabolism, and was thinking of adding some supplements which might help me gain weight. Are Maca and Saw Palmetto supplements added to any routine a good idea?

I have had my thyroid levels checked, and the hormone T4 is slightly over the normal levels but I have not been prescribed anything for it. I do not know about my estrogen and progesterone levels, since I have not yet managed to get them checked. But I have never had any skin problems and hair fall is due to terrible water in my neighbourhood. My cycles have always been regular, apart from the last two cycles when they got delayed, which I am putting down to stress about exams and obsessing about NBE. Tongue

This is one long post and I hope I don't put off my readers. Big Grin I would really appreciate any help I get.

Cheers, and good luck to everyone!

(22-02-2013, 08:11 AM)laika186 Wrote:  Firstly, is Cod Liver Oil the same as the 'fish oil' I keep reading about on the forum? Huh

I can answer this one at least. Cod liver oil is not the same as fish oil, they are 2 different products.

(22-02-2013, 12:51 PM)Keeyanne Wrote:  
(22-02-2013, 08:11 AM)laika186 Wrote:  Firstly, is Cod Liver Oil the same as the 'fish oil' I keep reading about on the forum? Huh

I can answer this one at least. Cod liver oil is not the same as fish oil, they are 2 different products.

Thanks for letting me know. Nevertheless, can I safely use the Cod Liver Oil as a supplement?

yes you can use Cod liver oil as a supplement

Id suggest against PM since thsi is your first time trying this stuff. Take PM later if nothing else really seems to be working
I took PM in th ebeginning and that was a total waste..it does mess with your cycle a lot unless you're on birth control.

I suggest fenugreek(you can take this alone without having to cycle)

most common herbs are fenugreek, saw palmetto, wild yam, red clover.

currently I'm on wonderup which seems to be going alright- still too soon to be fully decided though
good luckSmile!

(23-02-2013, 04:42 AM)aimingford Wrote:  yes you can use Cod liver oil as a supplement

Id suggest against PM since thsi is your first time trying this stuff. Take PM later if nothing else really seems to be working
I took PM in th ebeginning and that was a total waste..it does mess with your cycle a lot unless you're on birth control.

I suggest fenugreek(you can take this alone without having to cycle)

most common herbs are fenugreek, saw palmetto, wild yam, red clover.

currently I'm on wonderup which seems to be going alright- still too soon to be fully decided though
good luckSmile!

Thank you for your advice. I have almost made up my mind to start with FG instead of PM this first time around. Smile I just need to refine the program before I can be finally on my way to NBE!

Good luck with your NBE too! Smile

Cod liver oil and fish oil are both good for omega 3s, but have different nutritional components, e.g. CLO is high in vitamin A. Best to google CLO versus fish oil to decide which best suits you. Krill oil is the best as it is more concentated and naturally contains the super antioxidant astaxanthin which prevents it from going rancid in the body. Actually FO is not good because even though many have a little vit E added for storage reasons, you really need to take 400 i.u. of vit E with FO due to the rancidity issue. More convenient to take just krill.
FG can produce BE on its own. It doesn't affect other hormones, but can lower blood sugar in some people.
High T4 indicates hyperthyroidism which causes weight loss. Is your TSH low? There are thyroid inhibiting foods (goitregens); soy, flaxseed oil, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, brussel sprouts. Cooking reduces the effect, so I suggest coleslaw.

(23-02-2013, 05:38 AM)goldy Wrote:  Cod liver oil and fish oil are both good for omega 3s, but have different nutritional components, e.g. CLO is high in vitamin A. Best to google CLO versus fish oil to decide which best suits you. Krill oil is the best as it is more concentated and naturally contains the super antioxidant astaxanthin which prevents it from going rancid in the body. Actually FO is not good because even though many have a little vit E added for storage reasons, you really need to take 400 i.u. of vit E with FO due to the rancidity issue. More convenient to take just krill.
FG can produce BE on its own. It doesn't affect other hormones, but can lower blood sugar in some people.
High T4 indicates hyperthyroidism which causes weight loss. Is your TSH low? There are thyroid inhibiting foods (goitregens); soy, flaxseed oil, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, brussel sprouts. Cooking reduces the effect, so I suggest coleslaw.

Thanks for your reply. I do not remember my TSH being low, but I am severely underweight, and cannot seem to put on weight by any means! I asked about FO/CLO because I need to grow my hips/butt along with my breasts, and kept coming across FO being good for that in the forums. I already have CLO supplements and will see if it works. If it doesn't, once it runs out, will take your advice and start with the krill.

Thanks once again for your help.
Cheers, and good luck!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon