Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

The japanese PM study

Just cleaning out old bookmarks and I thought I would link it again. For people who never read it.

http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/dockets...vol162.pdf

interesting study, thanks for posting. any time i'm looking for studies on PM, the only one i find is the one they conducted in thialand

Thanks for sharing! Smile

I just noticed when the subjects took PM: "2 weeks after menstruation finished for 7 days", which is the period when estrogen levels are declining. 88% of the subjects did not experience any change in the length of the menstrual cycle. So it looks like there is yet another time period to take PM, for those who want to minimise messing up their cycles!

Wouldn't that be exactly post-ovulation ie 2nd spike of estrogen.
Its just a different timing for increasing estrogen expression. However, many feel its better to focus on progesterone in the luteal phase.

(11-02-2013, 09:36 PM)LookingForward2NBE Wrote:  Wouldn't that be exactly post-ovulation ie 2nd spike of estrogen.
Its just a different timing for increasing estrogen expression. However, many feel its better to focus on progesterone in the luteal phase.

Why focus on progesterone in the luteal phase? I've been reading as much as I can but I think I've missed the rationale behind this. TIA.

2 reasons:

1. Breasts are made up for fat tissue as well as glandular tissue. Focusing on augmenting both gives you a better chance of success. Progesterone in Luteal phase is associated with glandular tissue formation whereas estrogen is potentially, fat disposition.

2. Luteal phase is associated with predominately Progesterone for birthing changes. So if you are trying to increase as per your natural cycle, that's why most focus on estrogen in follicular and progesterone luteal but you can also try bumping up your 2nd estro peak.

Interesting study, I also noticed the actual percentage of breast enlargement in the ladies was between 50-60% of them say breast enlargement, some did not see any changes at all. I think that's an important notation to what we try to explain to ladies here... that not every method works for everyone. And what works for one person won't for another and vice versa.

I like reading stuff like this, thanks for sharing.

They didn't keep track of weight or body fat percentage, so the percentage of "growth" is meaningless. I really wish that study didn't suck so bad Sad I was hoping for more. We're in dire need of a bunch more high quality studies on the effects on PM.

hi ... I think I got confused Sad .. should I take pm all month? for the first 2 weeks of my cycle or the last 2 weeks?
I thought that chiyomilk were not cycling pm

Chiyomilk took PM from day 5 or 6 to day 12 or 13. That's about 1 week per cycle.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon