Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Oral or Topical??

Hi everyone, I am new to the forums and new to NBE.

I have started out just doing the massage, using olive oil and fenugreek powder mixed together for my massage oil, and drinking 2 cups of fenugreek tea made from seeds a day.

Taking PM capsules seems so confusing and daunting to me with all this talk about cycles and having too much estrogen...... is anyone just applying it topically with a PM cream or is it best to take the capsules/ both?

Thanks for the help!!!

I am not on the pill, I have Mirena as my form of birth control (an inserted device up in the cervix, stays up there for 5 years) so soon I imagine it will lighten my period to an extreme or non-existant (as this happens for some women) So I am wondering if topical is better, or maybe it doesn't make a difference since the PM will still be absorbed through my skin and thus still be in my body? soooo confusing!!

After reading through other posts i'm also looking to just try topical use...I was thinking of using a PM cream but have yet to come across anyone who has solely used this alongside massaging in their regimen Huh

Yes after thinking I would do topical, I did some reading on the internet (not just on the forums) and read somewhere that by taking it orally, your body converts one of the components into something else and this is not done by applying it topically. After reading that I have decided to take mine orally, but I did an online hormone test to make sure that I am estrogen deficient as i suspected, which I do appear to be, so I don't think taking it orally will harm me and only benefit me.

Here is the hormone test/checklist I went by. It just has a checklist for progesterone deficiency or hormone deficiency. You may have some from both as some symptoms are similar but for me I definitely had many more checked off for hormone deficiency

http://www.hormoneprofile.com/progesteronetest.htm

Yess lol I made the same choice after spending half my day researching today . I think its just a matter of managing your intake throughout your cycle , and thanks for that site! I tried it but I'm not exactly sure what their definition of alot of boxes ticked is? I have more than 10 ticked for both but not sure if that qualifies as low levels

ohh okay yea I think I had 10 clicked on the first section and like 26 on the second so for me it was obvious that I was estrogen defficient

From the looks of it, a lot of NBEers have taken herbal supplements orally, but I'm trying a different method (sort of). The only internals I'm taking are tea blends full of FG and Fennel. I ordered a PM cream recently, so I'll be using that in conjunction with my massaging and noogling.

Everyone has their own NBE path though, so taking PM orally might be what's best for you two. Best of luck to both of you! Big Grin

(17-02-2013, 11:00 PM)Outofstyle Wrote:  Yes after thinking I would do topical, I did some reading on the internet (not just on the forums) and read somewhere that by taking it orally, your body converts one of the components into something else and this is not done by applying it topically. After reading that I have decided to take mine orally, but I did an online hormone test to make sure that I am estrogen deficient as i suspected, which I do appear to be, so I don't think taking it orally will harm me and only benefit me.

Here is the hormone test/checklist I went by. It just has a checklist for progesterone deficiency or hormone deficiency. You may have some from both as some symptoms are similar but for me I definitely had many more checked off for hormone deficiency

http://www.hormoneprofile.com/progesteronetest.htm

Please remember that when taking these tests, they really are not much of a help Dodgy I had many checked off in many of the groups--some more than others, but it was so subjective that I could not take it seriously enough to go off of it. Turns out after I had my blood tests, my hormones are "normal" and I am not deficient or dominant in anything, despite the fact that I had more than half of the symptoms checked off. Remember as you take this "test" that it is going off of your subjective opinions alone....

The best thing to do, if you can, is just get your blood or saliva tests done! Then you will KNOW.

Yes that is true timarie. I went to my doctor to be tested and she did not want to do it, said it wouldn't help much. But I feel my symptoms stretch so far into other aspects of my life that a hormone defficiency, for me, is like a "missing puzzle piece" and it goes beyond me just reading the symptoms and casually thinking hmm yea I guess that could be me ..

But yea I totally agree, many of the sypmtoms overlap, and all of the symptoms could be considered a symptom of something else entirely that is not even related to hormones. But I am going to give PM a go and see what changes I notice in my physical and mental body!

(25-02-2013, 07:30 PM)Outofstyle Wrote:  Yes that is true timarie. I went to my doctor to be tested and she did not want to do it, said it wouldn't help much. But I feel my symptoms stretch so far into other aspects of my life that a hormone defficiency, for me, is like a "missing puzzle piece" and it goes beyond me just reading the symptoms and casually thinking hmm yea I guess that could be me ..

But yea I totally agree, many of the sypmtoms overlap, and all of the symptoms could be considered a symptom of something else entirely that is not even related to hormones. But I am going to give PM a go and see what changes I notice in my physical and mental body!

I hear you about unwilling doctors. I went to mine, told her all of which hormones I wanted to be tested, and she told me that if she ran a test for PCOS that all my hormones would be tested. Ugh I am so annoyed because, although she told me that all my hormones were tested and I was completely balanced, I cannot find estrogen anywhere on my test results, and after a week of trying to get through to doctor, I finally was told by her assistant that estrogen WASN'T run and that she would order me another test. Oh great, so I can wait another month. I have my whole program made but wanted to wait to see many results first before I bought anything. This whole process took 2 months already, and I have taken my time doing research. I am done waiting and ready to start, and I am so incredibly LIVID at how my doctor so completely disregarded my requests! I hate how, just because they don't understand our purpose or agree with it, they think that they have the right to have less respect for our requests, and to act upon it. When I was hoping that she'd have great respect for me wanting to be careful, I got the opposite. Sorry, getting off my soap box now... it is just frustrating because I am ready and have to wait for them to conveniently plan more appointments for me to make to their office Sad Sounds like $$$ to me...

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon