Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Red light collagen therapy

Hi all, hope you are well.

I have been looking into this therapy for stretch marks and have read it increases collagen. Since some people use collagen in their NBE program, do you think it could benefit NBE?

This is interesting Big Grin It's been too long since I thought about the role of connective tissue in BE. Back when I was trying to follow a non-hormonal program I was very interested in this sort of thing, but I never heard of red light therapy. It seems like it would only increase collagen in the skin itself, which might prevent future sagging and maybe (just maybe) slightly improve existing sagging, but I don't see how it would increase breast size.

I don't think it's ever been firmly proven that it's possible to increase connective tissue (collagen/elastin) enough to increase breast size, but there does seem to be a decent amount of connective tissue in the breast.

[Image: 250px-Dissected_lactating_breast_gray1172.png]

I think the honey comb like material surrounding the lobules is connective tissue. There does seem to be a lot of it. Then again, most breast illustrations are drawn in such a way that it looks like most women would still have at least a B cup worth of lobules, ducts, and connective tissue, even if they had absolutely no breast fat at all. That doesn't seem possible, especially since most women with A cups or smaller apparently still have enough lobules to produce the same amount of milk as a large breasted woman. I'm confused and I'm not sure that the various tissues in these drawings are to scale, if that makes sense.

I've also heard that connective tissue is threaded through the fat itself like a mesh. Some women apparently have a much thicker and more tightly knitted mesh than others. Breasts with a lot of connective tissue are called "dense breasts". I've never been able to figure out just how much of the fat volume is made up of connective tissue in people with very dense breasts. Is it enough to make a difference in the actual size? I wish I knew.

I said all that just to say that noogleberry and choline stabilized orthosilicic acid (ch-OSA) might be a good way to increase collagen. The ch-OSA is systemic but the NB is localized, so hopefully the effect of the NB will be enough to make sure that most of the new connective tissue shows up in the breast and not somewhere else. Too bad there's no way to know for sure. You could also try vitamin C and a high protein diet at the same time. Lots of people recommend MSM and collagen but I'm not convinced that they're useful for people who are already eating a large amount of animal protein.

Brilliant in-depth reply, I see you've thought a lot about it all!

I am going for a red light therapy course starting next week so will post some before and afters in about 8 weeks. With a bit of luck it will help with the sagging...even just a little I'd be very happy! I had seen some before and afters of a ladies tummy which seemed a lot more toned after the treatment. I do eat a high protein diet as I heavy lift and I was planning on adding MSM so will see how I go with that.

Also going to be looking into the ch-OSA as that sounds real interesting!

Thanks for your reply.

Whoa, great response mocha!

I REALLY want red light therapy to help get rid of my cellulite and to tone my muscles, but I never thought of it being used to help with breast size or firmness! I never actually looked into it online or saw how it worked, but my friend gets it and LOVES it. His red stretch marks are very light now, after only a year or so of twice weekly treatment!

They offer it at Planet Fitness if you have a Black Card membership, but I unfortunately can't afford the extra $10 a month and $20 once-yearly fee. =__= If I had a second job, or if the membership didn't charge a fee for dropping out within a year, I'd do it. Whenever I DO manage to find another job, I'm going straight to the gym to upgrade my membership just for the red light therapy!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon