Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

keratin for hair

hi everyone, my hair had drove me crazy,, dry , rough and curly ..
finally I'm thinking that keratin is the only hope I have ,, but I'm still scared of what ppl saying that it has carcinogenic effect ,, what do u think guys? any advice?

Keratin treatments are fine. They leave your hair smooth. Placenta is nice too.

undefined

undefined

I heard placenta was good, but then when I bought it and looked at the ingredients, the one I bought had terrible, damaging ingredients in it. I used it a few times anyway, and it did NOTHING for my hair. Sad Over time, it would have actually caused a good bit of damage, even if I stopped using heat and colouring.

If your hair is dry, you need moisture. Try a moisturizing deep conditioner a few times a week (Aussie's Moist deep conditioner is fantastic! It always makes my hair so, so soft!) Also, look for a good leave-in conditioner.

You can also try an olive oil mask once a month (or more frequently if needed). I haven't tried this yet but plan to. I'm going to leave some olive oil in my hair maybe an hour before showering, and then wash it out.

Another thing that helped me was getting away from sulfate shampoos. I use L-Oreal EverSLEEK Repairing Shampoo. They have a few product lines that begin with Ever, and I believe they are all sulfate-free, but EverSLEEK is the only line that is sulfate and silicone-free. I didn't notice too much of a difference the first use (although I did see a slight difference), but it's been about a month and a half now, and my hair almost doesn't feel damaged at all (which is coming a long way; my hair used to be awful!)

[Image: Loreal-Eversleek1.png]

If your hair doesn't get too oily, try shampooing and conditioning on day one, then on day two JUST condition. Sounds terrible, but if you're hair's really that dry and damaged, it actually works.

You can also try Argan Oil after a shower. DON'T use it on dry hair, but while your hair is still wet. It'll lock the moisture into your hair. I just take the smallest amount in my hand, dip my comb into it, and comb it throughout my hair, starting with the underneath (if you use too much, it will make your hair oily). You can also do a hot oil treatment with it, I've heard amazing things about it (I've for some reason never actually done it).

[Image: one-n-only-argan-oil-three-four-ounce-278x278.jpg]

Good luck, I hope you find a good solution for your hair!
Video 

hi doll thnx for ur help,, but I think these solves may work on dry hair only.. and as I said my hair is so rough and curly,,, and I wonder if It can be smoother and softer not only moisturized,,, tht's why I'm asking about keratin
I mean something like this    

hey tibetan113 can u name some of good and safe brands?
what do u think about this? http://keratinbrazilianhair.com/

(27-12-2012, 06:59 PM)sara_aaa19 Wrote:  hi doll thnx for ur help,, but I think these solves may work on dry hair only.. and as I said my hair is so rough and curly,,, and I wonder if It can be smoother and softer not only moisturized,,, tht's why I'm asking about keratin
I mean something like this

Yeah, they work on just dry hair, but it is good for maintaining your hair over time. So even if you get the keratin treatment it might be a good idea.

So are you looking at a keratin relaxer?

yes plz help me ,Sad I want an effective ,safe brand what do u suggest?
what do u think about keratin cure brand
here is the link http://keratinbrazilianhair.com/

Never heard of that brand before, they make it look lovely! Haha!

Although I've heard even keratin relaxers are VERY damaging for your hair. Reading reviews, many women claim that their hair felt AMAZING after the first treatment, then the more treatments they got, the worse their hair ended up. Sad

I've read that one of the SAFEST ways to relax your hair is to do a reverse perm. Choose an at-home perm kit for your hair type, and instead of putting your hair in curlers after you apply it, comb your hair straight the entire time it says to keep it in your hair. Or, you could have someone at a salon do this for you. Combing it straight the entire time will cause it to relax.

I've also tried the same thing, but with olive oil. Put it in my hair, and combed it straight every few minutes (you'll want to keep a towel over your shoulders for this one, it gets quite messy. Didn't make it PERFECT, but it did help moisturize and straighten it a bit. I plan to do this every week or so in the hopes that over time the effect will be more dramatic.

I've also heard that if you plan to dye your hair, not only is henna the LEAST damaging dye, but it may also help to relax your hair! (Key word being MAY, it doesn't work for everyone.)

Also, check out this video I just found today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1bIHMpCr...ults_video
She does a great tutorial on wrapping hair. Supposedly if you do it while your hair is wet or before bed, it helps to keep it VERY straight. I think this will work better on wavy hair rather than very curly hair, but it might still loosen tight curls. I imagine if you do use a relaxer or get a reverse perm, this will help keep your results for much, much longer. I plan to do this tonight after dying my hair to see how well it works. You could also do this while the olive oil is in your hair to keep it more contained/less messy. Blush

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon