Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Tattos

so, what do you think about tatts ?

im getting "love" under my left [/u]breast !

It's a personal choice to choose such body art since you will have it forever unless you get laser removal which is expensive and painful.

May I ask why you're getting just "love"? I'm sure there's a purposeful reason and meaning, I'm just curious. (:

I plan on hopefully getting my first in January when my fiancé is home. I want the words "living fiction" in my own script. I've wanted this tattoo since I was 14 or even younger just due to the meaning it carries for me and after everything I've been through in the past two years it really is surreal. I got my dermal piercings done back in November as a prelude to my tattoo to not freak my anti tattoo parents out too too much.

I love hearing about meanings and the body art people have, both piercings and tattoos.

Only since you asked....

I am completely and unequivocally against them.

'Nuff said.

JTX

I think that if you get them, they should mean something. I probably wouldn't get any myself, but I like the ones that have great stories behind them.

But I honestly think people look better without them, unless they're really well done and they're placed just so.

(07-12-2012, 10:36 AM)Kathe Wrote:  so, what do you think about tatts ?

I think tattoos are fine so long as they're in good taste and not done impulsively.

I'm not so full of myself to pass judgement on what other people do or don't do with their own body's. I personally would never get a tattoo because i'm fickle and would probably end up hating it later. I also don't believe the cliche that tattoos must have some deep meaning or story behind them. As long as YOUR happy with it thats all that matters.

I have nothing against tattoos but if your doing nbe maybe get it once you've grown incase your skin changes during nbe?

(11-12-2012, 02:35 AM)Luxy Wrote:  I'm not so full of myself to pass judgement on what other people do or don't do with their own body's. I personally would never get a tattoo because i'm fickle and would probably end up hating it later. I also don't believe the cliche that tattoos must have some deep meaning or story behind them. As long as YOUR happy with it thats all that matters.

I agree with Luxy. It's your body, do what you want with and to it.
But as a person with 2 tattoos I feel that I must advise you to be sure to get something you with be happy with, not just for today but for years.
And if you know that you are fickle get something in color (i.e. red or even black light ink), makes cover up/removal much easier, cheaper and less painful. HTH

(11-12-2012, 02:35 AM)Luxy Wrote:  I also don't believe the cliche that tattoos must have some deep meaning or story behind them. As long as YOUR happy with it thats all that matters.

AGREED.
I mean, I would never get something stupid or impulsive, or maybe something that doesn't even necessarily interest me just because I like the way it looks. For example, I'm not a huge Batman fan, and would never get a Batman tattoo just because it looks cool, and I think that people who do something like that are getting pretty dumb tattoos. But that doesn't mean that every tattoo has to hold meaning, per se.

I only have a few right now, but I plan on being covered one day. Wink I'm also working on a portfolio right now to hopefully get an apprenticeship sometime soon.

Even as someone who loves tattoos as much as I do, I really worry about them all flowing together, and that's why I haven't had anything really major done yet (although I have a fairly big one on my left shoulder blade and one on my right thigh). I'm mostly worried about my arms, as I've seen a lot of people get random things jumbled all over their arms and legs, all haphazard and awkward. Although all of my tattoos I've drawn myself (except my friend who drew our matching wrist tattoos, and another artist who actually did my Pikachu tattoo on my neck, which turned out to be my worst one). So I feel like since I draw them myself, it will all be in my art style, and that'll help everything flow a little better. At least, I hope. ^^;

I want to get a portrait of my dog that went missing on my upper right arm, but I want to wait until my arms are more toned/slimmed before doing that. So I think my next one will be a sugar skull on my right forearm for those I've lost. I might incorporate names in there somehow, but I'm not sure yet.

I also want to do one colour sleeve and one black and grey one, but I'm not sure how that might look together. I've seen one girl who looked good with it before, but other than her, everyone else seems to get either colour or black and grey. :/

[Image: 1-21.jpg]

I think tattoos can be beautiful, just think long and hard on what you want, and be sure to go to a good artist. My thigh tattoo needs to be redone, and I refuse to go to the original "artist" to have him fix it because he did such a terrible job the first time around. It's going to cost me extra because of this. Unfortunately, you don't have to be an actual artist to be a tattooist, so be very careful of who's tattooing you.

@Doll

I completely agree, I've had friends get some pretty botched tattoos before and yet they still go to the same artist and shop for more.. My friend who I've gone with before had nautical stars between her shoulder blades, lines were good, color was shit for lack of a better term and didn't stay it was a touch up nightmare. Then she got a really poorly drawn cherry blossom tree on her side... Oh well if she likes it that's what really matters.

Whereas another friend has gone some where else (where I plan on getting mine done..) and hers are beautiful and she only had to get minor color redone where she peeled the worse.

I know part of it is skin difference and another part is HOW they actually tattoo your skin.

I personally see tattoos as needing some sort of meaning, even if trivial because getting a tribal because everyone else seems to is...silly. Or getting something that may not be so good later on down the road.

I can't wait to have mine done & honestly I want it more and more every day. I think getting my dermal piercings played into me wanting my tattoo more though too. (:

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon