Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Help please! :( Testosterone dominant

Exclamation 

Hi ladies,

My name is Sofia and I am 21 years old. I have been lurking on these boards and researching like crazy for the past 6 months or so, since I found out that nbe was possible. Like I said, I've been doing research like crazy, but I'm having big problems finding a routine I can start using because unlike most girls on here, I am testosterone dominant. I had blood work done recently and the results showed elevated levels of testosterone. Maybe this is one of the reasons why I have such small breasts (32A).

I've desperately been trying to put together a herbal routine to follow, but there are just so many different herbs and effects. It makes it especially hard that I am testosterone dominant because I can't follow the routines that all of you all are posting because they do not apply to me. In the end, I am just left with my head spinning.

I've been watching from the sidelines, seeing everyone posting such amazing results (congrats!) but it makes me really sad that I am not able to participate in such a thing because I am not the case of most other women. Sad

If someone with experience can help me come up with a herbal breast enhancement routine (with my high levels of testosterone), you would seriously forever change my life. Thank you sooo much in advance <3

PS. I am in good health condition. No known health problems currently.
I exercise frequently and try to eat healthy.

I also bought the Noogleberry system that I will be starting soon-- very excited for that as well!

Look into anti-androgens. Paeonia and Liquorice help lower test. Spearmint tea is useful too.

do you also have facial hair?

try pueraria mirifica for estrogen

(14-11-2012, 07:13 AM)jiberish Wrote:  Look into anti-androgens. Paeonia and Liquorice help lower test. Spearmint tea is useful too.

Ugh. NO NO NO to the first two! JUST NO!

Paeonia aka White Peony should ONLY be used by women with a SEVERE shortage of their own natural aromatase production. Licorice should never be used by anyone. Ever. Except in low doses for very short bursts. For long-term control of androgen levels? NO! ABSOLUTELY NOT!

The entire mint family actually appears to have decent androgen binding and therefore block strong androgens from binding to receptor sites and causing masculinizing or de-feminizing effects.

Also useful is the ever-touted saw palmetto.

Another decent one is Pygeum bark.

Although I myself use chinese skullcap, I would not generally suggest it to women because it's activity is to block a certain reduction enzyme that is used for both the androgen and estrogen pathways. While it seems to prefer the androgen pathway, it will still interfere in the estrogen pathway to some degree and I would not suggest it.

Honestly I'm having difficulty thinking of non-mint-based receptor blocking anti-androgens, which are likely to be the best choice for women. Saw palmetto does receptor blocking to a degree, but not nearly as well as it blocks 5-alpha-reductase, which is the enzyme responsible for turning testosterone into dihydrotestosterone.

Look for herbs with IIRC beta-Sitosterol. That's the most common super weak androgen binder that binds to androgen receptors and blocks other androgens from doing so.

Careful with licorice. It can't be really be safely used long term. Spearmint is a safer option. Also be careful with white peony (the kind of paeonia that you need). You shouldn't use it if you also have high levels of estrogen already. Abidrew might be able to tell you a bit more about how to use it safely.

*Edit
Wha??? Abi, was your response already here when I wrote this? Weird, I didn't see it.

(14-11-2012, 11:46 AM)mochaccino Wrote:  Careful with licorice. It can't be really be safely used long term.

And take it from someone with first hand experience from licorice toxicity. It's not pleasant. It's expensive to treat. And it's just something you just shouldn't do. Period.

I don't think I can stress this enough. NO ONE SHOULD EVER EVER EVER USE LICORICE AS AN ANTI-ANDROGEN! EVER!

It's just TOOOOOOO dangerous. Even if you know what you're doing and keep it controlled.

(14-11-2012, 08:44 AM)sexyandfamous Wrote:  do you also have facial hair?

try pueraria mirifica for estrogen

Along with Pueraria mirifica you may also want to try some Mexican yam which can also help increase progesterone levels.

(14-11-2012, 03:13 PM)escapesouth Wrote:  Along with Pueraria mirifica you may also want to try some Mexican yam which can also help increase progesterone levels.

Uh. She COULD try WY... but it's not going to raise her progesterone, at least, not directly. It may cause a rise in ALL hormones, basically shutting off her regulators. Or it may simply ALLOW her to raise her hormones past normal limits...

Honestly, if she's T dominant, I doubt she needs WY. If she does, she can always add it later. Let's get the T under control first, then we can work on other stuff.

IMO, she should hold off on PM or any phytoestrogen really as well, at least for now, let's just try fighting the T and see where that gets things.

I didn't expect a candy like product to have such negative effects. But I will quote what I read so you can make your own decision.

"A combination of Paeonia and Liquorice has been used in Chinese and Japanese traditional medicine and have been shown to significantly decrease testosterone in women with defined PCOS and in those described as infertile and without menstrual periods or with erratic menses. Paeonia and liquorice has also been used to reduce elevated prolactin levels(11)."

"Peppermint or spearmint tea has previously been shown to have anti-androgenic effects in rats, and in a small study of 21 women with excessive hair growth (12 of who had PCOS), drinking 2 cups of spearmint tea daily in the first phase of the menstrual cycle (day 1 to day 14 , starting with first day of period) resulted in a decrease in free testosterone and an increase in FSH, LH and oestradiol levels(13). These beneficial testosterone reducing and active oestradiol increasing effects would be important during the first half of the menstrual cycle and spearmint or peppermint tea could be taken 3 times daily, steeped for 10 minutes covered with a saucer to prevent loss of essential oils."

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon