Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

New to Noogleberry, Can't Get Suction in Domes

Question 

Hi everyone,

I'm a longtime lurker, newly registered, and first time poster. So nice to 'meet' all of you finally! Smile

My Noogleberry came in the mail today, but I can't get any suction inside the domes. I had a hard time holding both firmly in place and pumping at the same time (how do you all do this?), so finally I tried just doing one breast at a time. I tried soft cup rings on, rings off, changing position, lotion, etc., and tightened the tubing so at each connection it's almost all the way on.

I read lots of tips people use to *keep* suction, but I never read about anyone not being able to get it in the first place. I can't get any after 4-5 min. of pumping. At one point when I was first trying with both domes on, I pumped three extra times and felt a significant pull in my R breast, but none in my L.

Any tips/ideas? Also, how long do you normally have to pump to get your desired level of suction?

Thank you so much for any and all help!

Katrina

(04-11-2012, 05:03 AM)IHaveAPieProblem Wrote:  Hi everyone,

I'm a longtime lurker, newly registered, and first time poster. So nice to 'meet' all of you finally! Smile

Welcome welcome!

(04-11-2012, 05:03 AM)IHaveAPieProblem Wrote:  My Noogleberry came in the mail today, but I can't get any suction inside the domes. I had a hard time holding both firmly in place and pumping at the same time (how do you all do this?), so finally I tried just doing one breast at a time. I tried soft cup rings on, rings off, changing position, lotion, etc., and tightened the tubing so at each connection it's almost all the way on.

Well, first, I position myself so my right hand is pressing one dome down whilst the other dome is being pressed down by the crook of my elbow, while at the same time, pumping with my left. This works best for me because although I'm fully ambi, I have higher precision of movement in my right side while my left side has more strength. I found the enormous styrofoam cup rings to just get in the way really.

(04-11-2012, 05:03 AM)IHaveAPieProblem Wrote:  I read lots of tips people use to *keep* suction, but I never read about anyone not being able to get it in the first place. I can't get any after 4-5 min. of pumping. At one point when I was first trying with both domes on, I pumped three extra times and felt a significant pull in my R breast, but none in my L.

Well... it might sound weird for me to ask this, but which cups are you using? Contoured or regular? If you are using the contoured, positioning has to be EXACTLY right. Regular will usually shift into the correct position after suction has stabilized. If you look at the contoured domes from a side profile you'll notice that one wing tapers more sharply than the other, this wing is your "side" wing, it needs to be pointed towards your sides. The slighter sloped wing points towards your cleavage. Whichever kind, you want to position it so that the bottom of the cup is actually lifting your breast slightly up and in before you start pumping.

(04-11-2012, 05:03 AM)IHaveAPieProblem Wrote:  Any tips/ideas? Also, how long do you normally have to pump to get your desired level of suction?

Thank you so much for any and all help!

Katrina

Well. I prefer to pump long term and slowly raise my suction as I'm wearing the NB all the way until I stop. Keeping the pressure just below pain threshold at all times. I'll frequently go for many hours wearing the NB on weekends. Almost all day sometimes.

Hi Abi Drew,

Thank you for the help and welcome!!! Smile

I am using the regular L cups. I do have a small chest measurement (27.5" underbust), so I'm not sure if that factors in.

So you slowly increase suction over your wear time? How long do you have to pump to initially get the cups to stay in place?

(04-11-2012, 06:09 AM)IHaveAPieProblem Wrote:  Hi Abi Drew,

Thank you for the help and welcome!!! Smile

I am using the regular L cups. I do have a small chest measurement (27.5" underbust), so I'm not sure if that factors in.

So you slowly increase suction over your wear time? How long do you have to pump to initially get the cups to stay in place?

The small chest measurement could factor I guess... It generally takes about 4 or 5 initial pumps before I can remove my hand and arm when using the large contoured cups.

I'm 32" underbust.

Thanks Abby,

I thought it shouldn't take that many minutes of pumping. I was starting to wonder if I should try pumping for 7-10 min. anyway, though, just in case I wasn't doing it for long enough. Thanks for saving me from the muscle strain that would've caused my poor hands! Shy

Hello IHaveAPieProblem,
The way I do it is, I clamp off one tube and then apply and pump up one dome. Then I apply the other dome and release the clamp, then I pump up both domes to the desired level.

As my right breast is smaller than my left, I then clamp the tube to the left side and pump twice more on the right and clamp that tube off. Any time one side leaks in air, I just unclamp that side and repump it.

Big Dave

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon