Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

avoiding the nipples while massaging?

avoiding the nipples while massaging?
October 30 2008 at 11:55 PM justpeachy12 (Login justpeachy12)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I read on here that it's better to not stimulate the nipples during massage so milk isn't produced. I have a hard time doing this. When I massage, my nipples tend to itch (like when you jog and your legs itch) so I scratch. Also one of my massage techniques requires me to put my hand over my entire breast (nipple included) and move in a circular motion. Should I be careful of this? Thanks.

Author Reply

may
(Login Cselestyna)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: avoiding the nipples while massaging? October 31 2008, 12:56 AM

thats a good question, i'd like to know as well.

Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
SENIOR MEMBER avoiding the nipples while massaging? October 31 2008, 1:40 AM

"...then rub it in for 3-5 minutes (one hand on each breast) making sure that I massage it into my nipples and areola thoroughly (as I know from breast feeding for 5+ years and my breast feeding groups that the nipples and areola are the areas that transfers virus and immunity back and forth from baby to mom). It seemed logical that this would also transfer IN the herbs."
( http://www.greenbush.net/newtes.html )

Dani
(no login) Re: avoiding the nipples while massaging? October 31 2008, 4:05 AM

Stimulating your nipples in excess can cause lactation

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: avoiding the nipples while massaging? October 31 2008, 9:50 AM

Personally have found that massaging the nipples gives me more growing signs. It's very very unlikely that you'd cause lactation unless you just had a baby. Supposedly nipple stimulation affects the entire breast so it makes sense to stimulate nipples as much as possible.

pinto
(no login) Re: avoiding the nipples while massaging? November 3 2008, 2:23 PM

I have inverted nipples and massaging the nipples has helped.

Luana
(Login LuCLu)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: avoiding the nipples while massaging? November 3 2008, 8:08 PM

I agree that if you haven't had a baby, logically- your body is not going to produce milk. I massage mine, and it gives me satisfaction when my entire breast is sensitive including nipple. Maybe it's just me.

Dani
(Login Stirl) Re: avoiding the nipples while massaging? November 3 2008, 10:55 PM

Actually, massaging your nipples...especially if taking fenugreek, fennel, milk thistle, can make you lactate even if you have never had a baby. I know someone that adopted and the doctor told her to massage twice a day for 20 minutes and take blessed thistle and once she could squeeze her nipple and get some colostrum, she would sart trying to nurse her baby.

Also, for those of us that have had babies.....I re- started lactation after a month and a half of being dry to nurse my daughter for longer and all I had to do was massage my nipples a couple of times a day to get it started....just food for thought.

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: avoiding the nipples while massaging? November 4 2008, 9:18 AM

Okay it's a possibility, but I don't think it happens to the majority. Honestly I don't get why people get so freaked out at the possibility of a little colostrum. I mean yeah it must be a bit inconvenient but it's harmless, no? Compared to other possible side effects of NBE like weight gain, people worry about a little fluid?? And massaging the nipples could afterall contribute to growth. Or maybe I'm ignorant about this cause I've never been pregnant and breastfed, if so someone please inform me, but I really don't get all the fuss.

justpeachy12
(Login justpeachy12)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: avoiding the nipples while massaging? November 4 2008, 9:19 PM

moon, for me, I don't want to experience lactation if it's not related to motherhood. As someone who is interested in all the glories of what breastfeeding has to offer, I just find the process a unique one, one I don't want to experience unless I am a nursing mother, not one I am taking part in to grow bigger boobs, let alone not putting this most perfect food to use. This is nothing against women who choose this method of growth. whatever makes you comfortable and works for you is great. I also worry about health problems (i.e. clogged ducts) arising if enough milk is being made that it needs to be expressed and is not. I don't know how possible that is so if anyone is more informed, please feel free to correct me.

I also heard the same thing about adoptive mothers being able to stimulate lactation through massage. But it seems the consensus is that one has to really focus on the nipples for this to happen. So I will just be careful of that.

Dani
(Login Stirl) Re: avoiding the nipples while massaging? November 4 2008, 9:59 PM

I also agree that lactation is a unique process and should be respected for what it is...also, I have had clogged ducts and mastitis...and was extremely sick from the latter the first time I got it because it was so advanced by the time they caught it.
Also, once the fluid dries up, your growth is gone, which seems pointless to me...I have heard that people have had experiences where they have gotten bigger after lactating, but I have never actually met anyone with that experince myself so I'm not sure how common it is.

justpeachy12
(Login justpeachy12)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: avoiding the nipples while massaging? November 4 2008, 11:26 PM

Dani, did you experience the clogged ducts and mastasis from breastfeeding or from massage or other nbe techniques? I agree with you about being concerned about growing bc of breastmilk. it has to be maintained otherwise milk dries up and results aren't permanent. my other concern is that I want my boobs to be bigger bc it is building/expanding breast tissues, not bc it's filling with milk.

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: avoiding the nipples while massaging? November 5 2008, 8:31 AM

I don't believe massaging the nipples results in producing colostrum in most people, I've only ever heard of 1 such case reported in NBE. Quite a few of us did a massage method a while ago called Grow Yours which included a lot of nipple massage and lobe massage and not 1 reported any leakage. And lactation has 3 stages, it's not like your breast just fill with milk - first in breast tissue growth and exansion, second is production of small ammount of colostrum and third is filling breasts with milk. I think it's absolutely egaggerated to expect breasts would fill with milk because of touching the nipples.

justpeachy12
(Login justpeachy12)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: avoiding the nipples while massaging? November 5 2008, 2:43 PM

moon, how long does it take for the transition from the breast tissue and lobes expanding to the stage where milk is produced?

Dani
(Login Stirl) Re: avoiding the nipples while massaging? November 5 2008, 3:25 PM

I don't think it is rediculous to expect beginning stages of lactation with continued nipple massage as I have stimilated lactation this way, "touching" the nipples is entirely different than nipple massage. As I said above...I am just sharing my experience, because it is possible, and the likelihood of someone without the proper education on the subject knowing when to stop before lactation begins is slim, and some women experience lactation much easier than others...I am not trying to tell anyone what to do, just sharing my experience.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon