Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Saw Palmetto intended for men

saw palmetto question
May 15 2008 at 3:40 AM alrary (Login alrary)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just bought Saw Palmetto and under the warning label it says "this product is intended for men, this product is not intended for women" is it ok for me to take it? It says 2 capsules twice a day, they're each 450mg

Author Reply
JUST JB SYKLEWRENCH
(no login) saw palmetto question May 15 2008, 7:20 AM

Saw palmetto is now a popular and effective treatment for prostate enlargement in men but has it’s origins in natural medicine as a breast enlarger and is still recommended today by naturopathic physicians for increasing breast size. It is also used as an aphrodesiac, for the treatment of impotence in men, and for inhibited sexual desire in women. Saw palmetto has been used for centuries. Native Americans, dating back to pre-Mayan civilizations, used the berries for food and medicine and particularly for breast disorders in women. Early American botanists noted that animals who were fed with these berries grew sleek and robust, experienced restored sexual vigor and improved muscle tone. Saw palmetto is useful as a nutritive tonic, supporting the function of a healthy appetite and smooth digestion. Saw palmetto berry also tones the urethra, and it may be used to uphold the healthy function of the thyroid gland and urinary system. This remarkable herb has no side effects or drug interactions. It’s breast enhancing effects stem from phyto-nutrients that stimulate breast tissue, increasing health and size. To call saw palmetto a “man’s herb” is a disservice to it’s healthy benefits for both sexes.
Saw palmetto is currently used in the U.S. as a treatment for prostate enlargement though it is coming back into use as a breast enhancer and sexual tonic. This herb has no side effects or drug interactions and could be considered a necessity for men over 40 for maintaining prostate health and improving sexual function.

The amount that you will need for breast enhancement varies from person to person. There is no magical formula or specific ingredient. We have found the combination of herbs in the kits to be the most effective. Simply get started according to the instructions and gradually increase the amounts until you find the level that produces results for you. Our instructions below will get you started. It is important to use massage as part of the program with any of the kits in order to increase circulation and absorption of the herbs. A few minutes per day and you will be on your way to more beautiful breasts, better health and higher energy levels.

Molly
(Login MollyH)
EVE MEMBERS Re: saw palmetto question May 15 2008, 7:36 AM

Is what you have pure saw palmetto or is it a saw palmetto complex which contains other herbs too?

alrary
(Login alrary) Re: saw palmetto question May 15 2008, 7:56 AM

Thanks for the help.
The bottle says that the amount per serving is 900mg pure saw palmetto and 46mg Prosta-Rx which is a blend of saw palmetto extract, pygeum, pumpkin seed, lycopene and beta sitosterol. So I guess it isn't pure saw palmetto but the majority of it is.
I was also concerned with the dosage amount because most of the stuff that I've looked at online says that the average dose of saw palmetto is 350mg daily but my bottle says to take 2 capsules 2 times daily and each capsule is 450mg. So it seems like the dosage on the bottle (1800mg daily)is extremely high compared to the 350mg

Molly H
(Login MollyH)
EVE MEMBERS Re: saw palmetto question May 17 2008, 12:10 PM

The Prosta-Rx blend is clearly intended to help men with prostate problems, both from the name and the ingredients used, so that is why it says the product is intended for men.
The dosage given on the label is not relevant to you because it's giving what they believe to be a suitable dosage for men with prostate problems. You can't really take any guidance from that.

Is Saw Palmetto safe to use?
June 13 2007 at 10:00 AM Jen (Login blitz1228)

I bought my herbal supplements yesturday and I've just now realized (stupid, I know) something on the Saw Palmetto warning label. It states "WARNING: This product is intended for use by men and is not intended for use by women." The brand I have is Sundown. What other brands should I check out?

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
Re: Is Saw Palmetto safe to use?
June 13 2007, 1:42 PM

Incredibly stupid and uninformed warning on the product from the part of the manufacurer. Of course it's ok to use. Wink

Molly
(Login MollyH)
EVE MEMBERS
June 14 2007, 7:10 PM

Are you sure what you have is just Saw Palmetto itself and not a 'Saw Palmetto complex' containing other ingrediemts as well? In that case the warning would make sense. But if what you have is pure Saw Palmetto I don't understand why anyone would put a warning like that there. I'm puzzled.

KittyCharlette
(Login KittyCharlette)
June 19 2007, 2:52 AM

Thats weird. I just noticed it says that on my bottle too (Spring vally brand). But mine says "This product is intended for use by men and is not for use by pregnant or nursing women...." it doesnt say all women shouldn't use it. *shrugs* I think its ok to use. I haven't seen anywhere when I was researching it that it isnt safe for women.

griffin
(no login)
saw palmetto
July 11 2007, 3:17 PM

hi to answer your question i was on a web site yesterday looking up saw palmetto.and it is for men and women.it has been known to increase breast size in women.and help with prostate problems in men.hope i helped.

Jen
(Login blitz1228)
July 12 2007, 3:42 PM

Thank you all.

SAW PALMETTO
June 26 2006 at 4:39 PM HongKongGirl (Login HongKongGirl)

Hi

I am from Hong Kong and new to this forum. Today, I went to GNC and found that SAW PALMETTO is for men only.

Would smart girls here mind telling me why SAW PALMETTO used for NBE? And even if it's for men, can i take Wonderup accompany with SAW PALMETTO?

Thanks a lot!

Smile

Helen
(Login Helen_N)
EVE MEMBERS
Re: SAW PALMETTO
June 26 2006, 5:25 PM

Hi HongKongGirl Smile

Yes you are right, herbs that can prevent testosterone from converting into DHT (a very potent version of testosterone) are MOST COMMONLY used by men to treat an enlarged prostate (a side effect of too much DHT).
Now for us women, excess amounts of DHT sabotage estrogen (they suppress estrogen activity and inhibit conversion of testosterone into estrogen). So for girls with elevated testosterone levels, DHT-blocking herbs like Saw Palmetto are an essential ingredient for breast enlargement. Other herbs with similar effect include Nettle, Licorice, Pumpkin Seeds, and Pygeum.

If you want to read more on Saw Palmetto and its properties, I suggest you go to "Other resources", then under "Related Information", click on "Information on Herbs", find a thread called: "ALL ABOUT SAW PALMETTO".

Hope this helps Smile

Best boobie wishes,
Helen xx

HongKongGirl
(no login)
June 27 2006, 5:00 PM

Helen

Thanks for your reply and you are so helpful

HongKongGirl
Smile

Dollie
(no login)
August 15 2006, 8:41 AM

Hi Smile

I was just wondering if it was okay for women to take Saw Palmetto that is labeled "for men". Is there a difference between the Saw Palmetto pills that are meant for men and the ones that don't have any gender specified? Because, I went to the store the other day and I was looking for Saw Palmetto pills but all of them said "Saw Palmetto for Men", or something of that sort.

For example: http://www.jamiesonvitamins.com/pr_image...e/2415.gif
I saw that on the shelf. As you can see, it says "formulated for men".

I'm sorry if this is a silly question .. I know that it's already been stated that women CAN take Saw Palmetto, but I'm just not clear on the "for men" part.

Thank you!

Surf
(Login Surf.)
EVE MEMBERS
August 15 2006, 2:47 PM

Yes, you can take Saw Palmetto that is labeled "for men" (it's tranditionally been a men's herb, so sometimes it's labeled that way). However, I would be sure to check the label to see what it actually contains. If it is a blend and contains other things in addition to the saw palmetto, you might want to try to find just saw palmetto. Just be aware of what you are putting into your body!

Growing boobie blessings to all the boobie goddesses!

Anonymous
(no login)
August 15 2006, 6:00 PM

Hello,
Is Holland & Barrett's saw palmetto OK?
ta
x

Dollie
(no login)
August 16 2006, 5:55 AM

Thank you for clearing that up for me Surf Smile

I'll be sure to look at the ingredients next time I get a chance to go to the store.

I checked the Jamieson website and it said that their capsules contains: Saw Palmetto Berry 200mg, Pygeum Bark 7,500mg, Cranberry Fruit 250mg, Pumpkinseed Oil 100mg.

Would those ingredients be good for BE even though its not pure Saw Palmetto?

Natalie
(Login Nat.alie)
August 16 2006, 9:52 AM

The bark is 7,500mg! The tablets must be huge.

Jennelle
(Login Jenneelle)
EVE MEMBERS
Breast Success - Wonderup
August 16 2006, 5:03 PM

The bark must be an extract.

Molly
(Login MollyH)
EVE MEMBERS
Breast Success - Wonderup
August 16 2006, 8:29 PM

Yes definitely. All the ingredients in that Jamieson product look like extracts.

Pygeum and pumpkin seed have often been mentioned in this forum.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon