Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Herbs + Cerazette...

Hi everyone, I need some advice again.... I've been taking the combined contraceptive pill (Microgynon30) for a while but recently was advised against that because of the risk of strokes and am now supposed to take a progesterone-only pill (Cerazette) and I'm wondering how this will affect my program... I tried searching for other people on here sharing experiences with this but all I can find is CousinRose's program, but that does include PM which I assume is a very different thing than from 'normal' herbs.

So, has anyone had any experiences with mixing herbs (Fenugreek, Saw Palmetto, Wild Yam, Linseed Oil) with Cerazette? Should I stop the herbs while getting adjusted to the new pill?

It's been said in regard to Wonderup that a progesterone only pill is actually better than taking a combined pill. I'm not vouching that it's corrext, but it definitely has been said. I know Wonderup doesn't contain the herbs that you're talking about, but if a progesterone only pill truly is better with wonderup then I guess it probably is with herbal programs in general.

I have actually tried fenugreek and saw palmetto with cerazette without the PM and the fenugreek gave me such a big and lovely swelling. I tried fenugreek before and I didn't see a difference without cerazette. I am btw definitly progesterone deficient so I think it is a must for my programme. Cerazette worked better for me then the progesterone cream. Don't know why. I think it might because I don't cycle while on cerazette.

Sweet, that's very encouraging to hear! I'll keep on taking the herbs I have left then and see what it does to me. I read somewhere that Saw Palmetto makes the pill less effective in preventing pregnancy, do you think that should concern me or should I just ignore it? (CousinRose I assume you haven't gotten pregnant yet.. Smile)

(24-09-2012, 02:17 PM)Kati Wrote:  Sweet, that's very encouraging to hear! I'll keep on taking the herbs I have left then and see what it does to me. I read somewhere that Saw Palmetto makes the pill less effective in preventing pregnancy, do you think that should concern me or should I just ignore it? (CousinRose I assume you haven't gotten pregnant yet.. Smile)

Not pregnant yet Wink If getting pregnant would be terrible for you, I would use an alternative birth control as well. I guess we are making the bcp less save. I just started using an alternative birth control last month since I am not in a relationship.

Hmmm. Getting pregnant would be pretty bad since I am still quite young and want to get some other stuff done before I want children, so I guess I need to watch out for that. In any case I think I might be taking a break from the herbs for a bit anyway since I got an inexplicable raging headache today and I blame either the fenugreek or the cerazette or their combination, so I'll see what happens if I ditch the fenugreek for a while. Did you ever have problems with headaches/nausea and stuff on cerazette?

(26-09-2012, 04:56 PM)Kati Wrote:  Hmmm. Getting pregnant would be pretty bad since I am still quite young and want to get some other stuff done before I want children, so I guess I need to watch out for that. In any case I think I might be taking a break from the herbs for a bit anyway since I got an inexplicable raging headache today and I blame either the fenugreek or the cerazette or their combination, so I'll see what happens if I ditch the fenugreek for a while. Did you ever have problems with headaches/nausea and stuff on cerazette?

Fenugreek gave me headaches when I used it before. I believe it was because it can lower blood sugar levels. Just be sure to eat regularly, it really helps. I f.ex. never take it on an empty stomack. Cerazette never gave me any side effects except for acne. But I've been using garlic and saw palmetto to battle it so the acne hasn't been a problem.

I see, I see. I always thought taking it on a full stomach makes it way less effective because the enzymes are digesting the food and not the herbs or something? I'll try that though, I don't wanna give up Fenugreek altogether. Thanks so much for your tips and advice CousinRose, it's so nice to have someone to ask all this stuff Big Grin

(28-09-2012, 02:07 AM)Kati Wrote:  I see, I see. I always thought taking it on a full stomach makes it way less effective because the enzymes are digesting the food and not the herbs or something? I'll try that though, I don't wanna give up Fenugreek altogether. Thanks so much for your tips and advice CousinRose, it's so nice to have someone to ask all this stuff Big Grin

No problem and best of luck to you =) You could of course try taking fenugreek on an empty stomack and see how you react to it. I am very sensitive to blood sugar level drops and maybe you tolerate fenugreek better.

herbs are good and natural remedy for the health they minimizes the side effects and if suited makes you healthier.... to mix herbs needs medical advice from a practitioner before use.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon