Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Question about ramping up

Ok boobers,

I have a question that may seem juvenile, but I still can't find the answer anywhere.

I am currently on 1,220mg of Fenugreek, 900mg of Saw Palmetto, and 680mg of Hops per day (my program page says 450mg of Saw Palmetto; I changed my mind on it, but it was already too late to edit the post).

So my question is, when I start to ramp up, what herb would I start with? Or does that not matter? I am not planning to ramp up just yet, but I would like to have this answer in advance lol.

To anyone who reads this, PLEASE and THANK YOU! Big Grin

Depends on what you feel might need more work... Saw palmetto is for blocking testosterone... if you feel your testosterone levels are stably low enough at a given dose, don't ramp it any further!

As for between FG and hops, I've never used either, but aren't they both supposed to be phytoestrogens? So I guess it really wouldn't matter what you ramp up between them. Could do both at the same time. *shrug*

But I don't really know, either... I'm honestly not that familiar with them.

(15-09-2012, 03:09 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  Depends on what you feel might need more work... Saw palmetto is for blocking testosterone... if you feel your testosterone levels are stably low enough at a given dose, don't ramp it any further!

As for between FG and hops, I've never used either, but aren't they both supposed to be phytoestrogens? So I guess it really wouldn't matter what you ramp up between them. Could do both at the same time. *shrug*

But I don't really know, either... I'm honestly not that familiar with them.

Hmm...I am not really sure of my testosterone levels to be honest. I was looking it up online, and signs of elevated testosterone were facial/body hair, oily skin, acne, enlarged muscles....

And recently, I feel like my skin has been getting more oily, and I'm breaking out more after I started the herbs and I know I only started a few days ago, but that's gotta be the cause because it's definitely not the weather or anything crazy like that. I also do have a slight mustache, very fine but dark hairs, and I have hair all over my body, chest, stomach, but again, they are fine but dark hairs, which I do wax.

So if I rely on what the websites on the internet say...then my actual testosterone levels have actually gone up....Huh

That is kind of strange. I'm not completely familiar with the effects of hops and FG, but all SP does is block 5-alpha-reductase and bind to testosterone receptors without actually doing anything there while blocking some T from binding... This SHOULD only cause a reduction in any signs of testosterone. SP does also contain a minute amount of a very weak phytoestrogen, but that's negligible in it's effects, and generally shouldn't cause anything other than, in some people, some cellulite.

I just did some looking through Isabelle's thread of crazy amounts of information on some of the more common NBE herbs, and as far as I can tell, you shouldn't be taking anything that should cause too much T.......

SO.... I'm going to guess your hair and breakout problems are from progestin poisoning. FG is supposedly somewhat progestinic. You might be one of those unfortunate women who react very severely to ANY amount of progestin at all.

If it's possible to go down a little on the FG, I suggest trying to do that and see if there's any lessening of the symptoms, if there are... You're going to have to try a different program. There's really no way to correct the progestinic effects of FG other than simply not using FG.

(15-09-2012, 06:25 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  That is kind of strange. I'm not completely familiar with the effects of hops and FG, but all SP does is block 5-alpha-reductase and bind to testosterone receptors without actually doing anything there while blocking some T from binding... This SHOULD only cause a reduction in any signs of testosterone. SP does also contain a minute amount of a very weak phytoestrogen, but that's negligible in it's effects, and generally shouldn't cause anything other than, in some people, some cellulite.

I just did some looking through Isabelle's thread of crazy amounts of information on some of the more common NBE herbs, and as far as I can tell, you shouldn't be taking anything that should cause too much T.......

SO.... I'm going to guess your hair and breakout problems are from progestin poisoning. FG is supposedly somewhat progestinic. You might be one of those unfortunate women who react very severely to ANY amount of progestin at all.

If it's possible to go down a little on the FG, I suggest trying to do that and see if there's any lessening of the symptoms, if there are... You're going to have to try a different program. There's really no way to correct the progestinic effects of FG other than simply not using FG.

Darn it! Well the hair, I've had for as long as I can remember and I think that was from overproduction of testosterone during puberty. But the oily skin and acne is something completely new. That would be so sad for me if FG had to be cut out lol. I think I will experiment for maybe another week or so and see if the symptoms improve, but if they dont, then I guess I will have to look into changing my program. Sad

Thank you for the info though!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon