Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Anyone else turned into crazy super pill poppers?

Tongue 

I literally just grabbed my entire evening dose of my plan, all the pills in one hand, diluted the drops with a quarter cup measuring cup of water, and popped em all and swallowed em down, chased with the diluted drops, which were then chased by an additional cup of water... This was literally a freaking HANDFUL, OPEN, CUPPED PALMFUL OF PILLS!

Not even a year ago and I'd've NEVER been able to perform a feat like that.

At lunch I did the same thing minus drops because there are no liquids in my midday dose.

Does doing NBE make one more resistant to the "choking" reaction to pill popping of bringing it all back up, or is this just me?

My dad always used to get mad at me because I couldn't swallow an itty bitty aspirin. I'm not much better now, but I can swallow two or three at a time, and don't hesitate anymore. I know that isn't a big deal for most, but it is for me! ^^; Guess I didn't get my dad's pill popping genes like my friend did. He'll swallow entire handfuls at a time...sometimes without water. :/

I do always joke with my friend now though about how we're pill poppers because of how many we take. xD My mom came home once and we're sitting at the kitchen table, breaking open pill capsules and mixing them into a cream. If my mom didn't know how crazy we are with this stuff, she'd probably think we were doing drugs or something. Blush

I hate to even try to swallow too many pills at once, though. With my anxiety, my throat will close up if they go down wrong, and then it's just awful. ESPECIALLY when it's a fenugreek cap. ~_~

No, I still can't swallow almost any pill whole or even crush them in my mouth and swallow something that tastes bad. The only way for me to swallow pills is to take a piece of bread or other solid food, chew it up then put the pill inside my mouth and mix it in together with the chewed up food and then I'll be able to swallow it.

(15-09-2012, 03:10 PM)Snowball Wrote:  No, I still can't swallow almost any pill whole or even crush them in my mouth and swallow something that tastes bad. The only way for me to swallow pills is to take a piece of bread or other solid food, chew it up then put the pill inside my mouth and mix it in together with the chewed up food and then I'll be able to swallow it.

Try putting the pills in a teaspoon of peanutbutter and swallowing; they may go down fairly easily.
If you have a peanut allergy, try SunButter [from sunflower seeds].

LOL yes I am a pill popper too! I take 15 vitamin and mineral supps of various types each morning. I can ony take them in threes if they are small as the gelatinous ones stick to each other in my throat. Ouch I scratched my throat once by trying too many once so I'd rather just take 2 minutes and swallow properly,

(16-09-2012, 12:27 AM)Dee Wrote:  
(15-09-2012, 03:10 PM)Snowball Wrote:  No, I still can't swallow almost any pill whole or even crush them in my mouth and swallow something that tastes bad. The only way for me to swallow pills is to take a piece of bread or other solid food, chew it up then put the pill inside my mouth and mix it in together with the chewed up food and then I'll be able to swallow it.

Try putting the pills in a teaspoon of peanutbutter and swallowing; they may go down fairly easily.

Thanks, but I'm allergic to peanuts and they don't sell sunbutter where I live. I'm doing okay though with my chewed up food method.

(16-09-2012, 02:11 PM)Snowball Wrote:  
(16-09-2012, 12:27 AM)Dee Wrote:  Try putting the pills in a teaspoon of peanutbutter and swallowing; they may go down fairly easily.

Thanks, but I'm allergic to peanuts and they don't sell sunbutter where I live. I'm doing okay though with my chewed up food method.

You can order Sunbutter from Swanson Vitamins, and save as well on herbs, glandulars, essential amino acids and vitamins.
http://www.swansonvitamins.com/q?kw=sunbutter
Buy-one get one free currently includes Green Tea extract, Maca, Licorice Flavonoid Oil, Wild Yam Cream and more....
http://www.swansonvitamins.com/bogo?viewAll=true

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon