Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

A girl's got to eat far more fennel

A girl's got to eat far more fennel
July 22 2008 at 10:13 AM Arugula (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a good site but I think you girls have largely overlooked the wonderous fennel. Some years ago a herbalist told me that fennel alone could help increase breast size and I started using fennel in receipes all the tie and it seemed to have a positive effect as I definitely grew some. One of the wonderous things about fennel is that it can be used as a foodstuff in all kinds of ways, it's not just a herbal supplement. I thought I'd mention this, as fennel desn't seem to get much coverage here when it really deserves it.

Author Reply
littlelibrarian
(no login) Re: A girl's got to eat far more fennel July 23 2008, 7:14 AM

How about some recipes or your ideas of what foods you add the fennel to? I've been taking it for 3 months now and you are right. I'm small and take 6 x 480mg per day as well as 3 x wild yam (425mg) and 1 x 100mg vitamin c. It's working girls, I'm just staying quiet until I see a difference in the measuring tape, they are a lot more meatier though.
I'll check back later to see if you have any recipes etc.
Thanks!

Frostedmint06
(Login frostedmint06)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: A girl's got to eat far more fennel July 23 2008, 7:57 PM

Actually, a lot of people use fennel in their programs. Whether it's taken singly or in a commercial product like Wonderup. It's one of the most popular NBE herbs on here.

double_ace
(Login double_ace)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: A girl's got to eat far more fennel July 23 2008, 9:31 PM

woohoo! i'm glad i bought it then ;-)

Frostedmint06
(Login frostedmint06)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: A girl's got to eat far more fennel July 23 2008, 11:35 PM

Fennel is also one of the least expensive herbs to buy (at least where I live). I bought 2 lbs of the seeds for about $4 CAD at my local Walmart. That'll last me for a long time.

ChinaxDoll
(Login ChinaxDoll) A girl's got to eat far more fennel July 24 2008, 6:34 PM

I am misunderstanding something. I keep reading that fennel is basically like fenugreek, but far weaker? That is why I only purchased fenugreek between the two. Am I mistaken?

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: A girl's got to eat far more fennel July 24 2008, 6:58 PM

Hi ChinaxDoll,

I am sure you are not the only one who thinks this way. The chemistry of herbs is a complex and confusing one.

Fennel is a phytoestrogen, meaning it is a plant source of estrogen, similar to what our body makes. In the case of fennel, the potency of its estrogen is much lower than what our body makes. A molecule of fennel will attach to estrogen receptors just like our own estrogen will.

Fenugreek on the other hand is a steroidal saponin, which means it is a precursor to several hormones. That means your body may use fenugreek to make estrogen, but the molecule of fenugreek does not replace a molecule of our estrogen. It will not attach to the estrogen receptor.

Both Fenugreek and Fennel are considered galactogouges, but I believe fenugreek has been proven to be more potent in this regard.

Fennel could cause your total body estrogen to increase if it fills up vacant estrogen receptors your body had lying around not in use. It could also lower your body total estrogen if it competes with your body's own estrogen and makes it to the site first, thus blocking the more potent human estrogen.

Fenugreek can raise total body estrogen by supporting your body's natural process of creating estrogen - but it cannot make your body make more estrogen than it naturally would.

Fenugreek is related to chickpeas...

Okay, I have finally run out of things about these two herbs... lol

waxingmoon

fengshui
(Login fengshuiTW)
SENIOR MEMBER cool July 24 2008, 8:00 PM

I am just simple-minded, the easier, the better. :-)
I am going to add fennel seeds to my boobie soups, see how that works/taste.

After a couple of years of massaging and "food watching", I don't have cold hands and feet anymore, and feel that my boobies are more "sensitive" as to responding to helpful foods. (chi flows well, I guess--no "blockages")

Katurah
(no login) question July 24 2008, 10:38 PM

Hi,i also have fennel in my daily regimen and i was wondering how long it took you get results from fennel?

Conner
(no login) Re: A girl's got to eat far more fennel July 25 2008, 1:45 AM

Waxingmoon,

So what is the best combination of these two herbs to use if you are estrogen deficent? Is it advisable to use them together, or would certian dosages of one cause the oher to become inactive because the estrogen sites fill up? Sorry if I am confused, but I, like Chinaxdoll,thought they were essentially the same thing until this post.

Conner

Alise
(no login) Re:A girl's got to eat far more fennel July 25 2008, 4:55 AM

Is fennel tea better than in gelatin capsule form or put on food? Which is more potent?

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: A girl's got to eat far more fennel July 25 2008, 1:56 PM

Hi Conner,
These herbs are frequently used together. Their method of action -the way they work in the body - does not interfere with one another.

Fennel will try to connect directly with your estrogen receptors. Fenugreek will help promote your body's own natural estrogen. If they are both taken at the appropriate amount for your body, they you will increase your total estrogen.

If you take more fennel than you need you could swamp your estrogen receptors and 'stall' -that is, lower your total body estrogen. Everyone has to figure out what their ideal dose of this herb is. That is why we ramp up. You take a minimal amount for a time, then if you feel no NBE effect you take more. Your goal is to take the minimal amount necessary to achieve your results. Too much does not lead to greater results - it leads to less result.

Fenugreek does not directly supply your body with estrogen. It gives your body a raw material it uses to create estrogen. The amount of estrogen your body creates is kept in check by other body processes. However, if taken more than needed, fenugreek will cause other side effects, like headaches and tiredness because it lowers blood sugar. This can be very bad for the wrong person. So like fennel, ramp up with fenugreek and take the minimal dose that seems to give you NBE results.

Hope this clears up the confusion,
waxingmoon

Fennel
March 17 2006 at 3:08 PM Lanie40 (Login Lanie40)
EVE MEMBERS
Hello everyone. Love your forum. I have been thinking about starting fennel. Has anyone had bad reaction or side effects from it. Would try fennel for a couple of weeks and then add Saw Palmetto. Whats your thoughts?

Molly
(Login MollyH)
EVE MEMBERS
Re: Fennel
March 17 2006, 4:03 PM

I can't remember hearing anything negative about Fennel. I think it's a wonderful and probably under-valued herb that deserves to be better known.

Jess
(Login Jess1226)
It helped me!
March 17 2006, 4:07 PM

When I first started on all the herbs I got Digestion problems and diharhea. I started to make some Fennel tea and it all calmed down. So I had a reation to the other herbs and the Fennel helped. So I think its smart to start with the fennel.

Boobie Blessing to everyone!
Love,
Jess

Lanie40
(Login Lanie40)
EVE MEMBERS
Thanks for Your input
March 17 2006, 4:27 PM

Alot of threads I have read from the forum, no one was impressed with the smell. Fennel sounded like it was very similar, so I would rather give it a go. You ladies have incredible amounts of information on this board. Way to go. Leary of changing my hormones so want to start of very slow.

Lanie40
(Login Lanie40)
EVE MEMBERS
Big OOPS
March 17 2006, 4:30 PM

No was impressed with the smell of FENUGREEK, and Fennel souded very similar. Sorry thats what I meant to say.

Sunset
(Login liquidSunset)
EVE MEMBERS
Lanie
March 17 2006, 5:26 PM

welcome to the board, I am glad you like here!
I think you are doing a smart thing by starting out slow.
And yes Fennel is very similar to fenugreek, just not 'as' potent. I think its a good one to start with.

If you are interested in finding out more about it, if you havent already-check out our "herb info" page. Its under "other resources".

And what does the fennel smell like?
I will be using fenugreek extract in massage before long, and it is really strong. I am going to use the whole bottle before I switch (if I decide to)
I want to always use fenugreek but just incase it makes me "too" smelly, I thought about using fennel. I just wondered if any one knows what you can "relate" it too as far as the smell. Thank you.

Lanie40
(Login Lanie40)
EVE MEMBERS
Herb Page Info
March 17 2006, 5:47 PM

Excellent idea, So easy to go check something.I keep reading it, in case someone has added something new or more news about the allready posted herbs. I cna'r get over how much information are on all of theses pages. I find myself going back and reading stuff again and agin just to absorb it all. Excellent Forum.

Sunset
(Login liquidSunset)
EVE MEMBERS
Great
March 17 2006, 6:02 PM

I am glad you can use it as a reference, I do too.
Also if you ever find any herb info, feel free to add your own posts to any of them. Or if you discover an herb that isnt mentioned, feel free to make a thread on it there.

I hope you do well with your NBE process!

Molly
(Login MollyH)
EVE MEMBERS
March 18 2006, 6:59 AM

The smell of Fennel has often been compared to aniseed.

Fennel
April 26 2006 at 10:24 AM
Janie (Login jpeters2)
Hi Everyone,

As summer is approaching I want to change fenugreek for something else as we tend to perspire more in the summer :-) What I want to know is if Fennel is a good sustitute ans seeing as it isn't as strong as feugreek should I take more capsules a day than I am Fenugreek (3 at present)I have about 5 weeks of fenugreek left and want to chnage after that,

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
Maybe not a good choice!
April 26 2006, 11:38 AM

Fennel makes you sun sencetive, makes you burn easily. Maybe not a good choice for summer.

Janie
(Login jpeters2)
April 26 2006, 11:43 AM

hhmmm .... any other suggestions ... anyone?

Zoe
(Login minsky)
EVE MEMBERS
April 26 2006, 10:01 PM

Yes, but we don't have summer in England, so for us it's not a problem.

Sabrina
(Login Sabrina.)
EVE MEMBERS
April 28 2006, 11:36 PM

I'm taking a lot of Fennel now. I wasn't aware of any problems with it. Is this effect a common one?

Lisa xsxsxs :-)
(Login seemonkeyme)
EVE MEMBERS
Red Clover
April 28 2006, 11:44 PM

Hi janie
I'm not an expert on herbs but I was thinkin bout that same thing. really dont want to smell like a waffle this summer. I am looking into Red Clover. And I have heard Hops is a good one to. Sunset is the expert in herbs. And so is Lisa. They are both very knowlagable in that area. Among alot of other things. But I think I'm going with the Red Clover. Hope this helps. Lisaxxxx

(Login seemonkeyme)
EVE MEMBERS
oh ya
April 28 2006, 11:46 PM

Red Clover (Blossoms only)

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
Red Clover
April 29 2006, 11:04 AM

Has blood thinning properties and lowers blood sugars. Hops relaxes and slows breathing and showed be used with great caution when consuming alcohol.Hops can also affect someone with seasonal allergies.

Molly
(Login MollyH)
EVE MEMBERS
April 29 2006, 7:11 PM

The photo-sensitivity caused by Fennel isn't a very common effect. Only a small number of women are ever likely to have that problem. I wouldn't be overly concerned about that.

(Login seemonkeyme)
EVE MEMBERS
April 29 2006, 8:08 PM

So Red Clover wouldnt be a good choice??? I'm confused LOL. Snow flake what would you suggest? Lisaxxxx

jellyboobs
(Login jellyboobs)
EVE MEMBERS
April 30 2006, 8:19 AM

yer i just bought a bottle of clover extract but im worried about how much to take now please help love jelly....

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
Sorry was gone for weekend.
May 1 2006, 11:16 AM

Red Clover And Hops are both good herbs, just know your body thats all. If you have low blood sugar problems in the past be aware when using RC. If you suffer from seasonal allergies,Hops may also make this worse. Just watch for symtoms when you start up herbs.

Persephonee
(Login Persephonee)
May 2 2006, 2:30 PM

I was just wondering, does fenugreek make you perspire? Or is it just that when you perspire it will smell because of the fenugreek? Sorry for the stupid questions. :\ Also, does everyone who uses fenugreek have to deal with a syrup smell? I strongly dislike that smell (to me it smells like dried urine-ick! ) and I don't think I could tolerate it even for bigger boobs. Sad
Persephonee

Ally Lou
(Login Ally Lou)
May 2 2006, 12:30 PM

Fenugreek does not make you perspire, but it does make many people smell, but not all apparently. I take fennel myself as a substitute for fenugreek and I would happily recommend fennel to anyone.

Fenugreek question
May 31 2006 at 5:49 PM
js89 (Login js89)
EVE MEMBERS
Snowflake ~ I saw you reply about Fenugreek. I started WonderUp about three weeks ago, but was on Mamarpril before that for a month or two. Since probably about April I noticed weight gain in my thighs, butt and stomach area and have now gone up a size in pants. I don’t have much that fits right now! I am taking WU, Saw Palmetto and EPO. Do you think it would be okay/helpful for me to add Fenugreek? Or would that not be helpful as there is already Fenugreek in the WU? Anybody else too – what are your thoughts?

Of note, with both of my pregnancies I put on about 30 pounds and didn’t lose much of the weight until AFTER I was done breastfeeding, when they were each a year. Within a month after stopping breastfeeding both times, I lost most of the weight completely. Could my body be reacting the same way to NBE? Maybe that’s a silly thought, but.....

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
Hi,
May 31 2006, 6:29 PM

OK I don't know what Mamapril is, but I do know and read on this board and other boards that fenugreek can cause weight gain. Alot of girls here are so tiny, 10 or 15 pounds is probably to their benefit. But at age 41 I din not want to put on that much weight. And I had just been on fenugreek for about 3 weeks( went off cause it didn't agree with me). If you want to add something, maybe try wild yam, red clover, fennel, borage oil or evening primrose. But fennel is suppose to help loose weight and believe from my positve experience that it does. My theighs and butt are thinner. Suppose to help get rid of cellulite. I'm not big ( 115 lbs.) but age and pregnacies can leave unwelcome effects. Also check out the personel programs pages, there is tons of good info there and everyone has been great to share pros and cons of herbs. Hope this has helped.

Jen
(Login js89)
EVE MEMBERS
Fennel
May 31 2006, 6:44 PM

Oh gosh I meant to say fennel, not fenugreek. Sorry about that! I meant fennel and was also reading about the fenugreek and just mixed them up - thinking one thing and typed the other. I am not big either, but don't want to get any bigger - it's starting to concern me. I am 34 and really don't want to gain if I can help it. How do you know how much fennel to take/add to your routine?

I'll research the wild yam, red clover, fennel and borage oil on the program pages and herbs. I'm already taking evening primrose. Thanks. This is all helpful.

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
I take as much ,
May 31 2006, 6:50 PM

I take as much fennel now, as I normally would have taken fenugreek. Right now I'm up to 2000mgs. Just upped my night dose. And with that I take SP and wild Yam.

Jen
(Login js89)
EVE MEMBERS
Fennel
June 1 2006, 3:19 AM

What differences did you notice after you started taking the fennel? Slimming? Has it had any effect on fullness or growth at all? I purchased some fennel today. I will give it a try. Thanks.

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
Only been on it a few weeks,
June 1 2006, 11:32 AM

Only been on it a few weeks, But the tops of my legs look abit slimmed down on the outside, where your bum stops and legs start. Has been just as effective for breast fullness as fenugreek. I have been doing massages too. Breasts are full and heavy. I would now recommend fennel over fenugreek if someone is concerned about weight gain!!!!

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
But take into concideration,,,,
June 1 2006, 11:44 AM

But take into concideration that someone under 30 automatically has a higher metabelism than someone at age 40. Your metabelism drops as you get older , maybe thats why so many younger girls her can take so much fenugreek, and they are thin to start off with. I know when I was in my 20's I could have ate a horse everyday and never put an ounce on my 100 lb. frame, but when I hit age 30, WOW, I had to start watching what I ate!!!!! So with fenugreek and fennel that is something to concider.

Laura
(no login)
Re: Fenugreek question
June 1 2006, 3:15 PM

Hello,
I would love to gain weight on my legs as I am a bit thin, am I correct in understanding that fenugreek and fennel help with weight gain, if so how much should I consume.

Snowflake
(no login)
Only Fenugreek, not fennel
June 1 2006, 4:42 PM

Fenugreek may cause weight gain for some women, fennel is suppose to help control, loose weight.

Anonymous
(no login)
June 1 2006, 6:36 PM

hi ladies
I am thin (5'3" 105 lbs) and 35.
the fenugreek weight gain might come from the fact that fenugreek can lower your blood sugar, thereby causing pretty significant sugar cravings.....

if fennel is working for you, that's great! I personally have not had the same luck with it though

i found the red clover made me bloat a lot - as soon as i cut it out, i dropped 5 lbs that i had put on.

Just my experience

I currently am ramping up my dosages, so right now i take 1725 mgs of fenugreek a day, 1725mg saw plametto, 1725mg Wild yam, and 3grams of EPO and flax

a multi vitamin (i take prenatal becuase it's gentle on the stomach)
and a b supplement

happy growing!

js89
(Login js89)
EVE MEMBERS
June 1 2006, 7:14 PM

Snowflake ~ That’s exactly where I’m having the problem – the tops of my legs/thighs where the bum meets the legs, and then the belly area. It feels like the thickness/extra weight you put on when you’re just pregnant! That’s what it reminds me of. Yes, my metabolism has slowed down too I think. You are right – once you hit your 30’s, that makes a difference. I will give the fennel a try and see if that helps. I am having fullness and growth in the breasts too, and am reassured that you have not lost yours by using the fennel. I am thankful for you sharing your thoughts and experience on this. Do you take fennel seed capsules? That is what I found. I also saw fennel tea, but I'm not big on tea.

Laura ~ too bad we can pass our extra weight on to you!! haha j/k Sounds like you are having the opposite problem, and there are things you can try too.

Snowflake
(no login)
Capsules!
June 1 2006, 7:23 PM

Hi, I take 500mgs of fennel, 2 capsules in morning and 1 at night= 15oomgs a day. I am thinking of switching my morning dosage to night. Soo I would be taking my larger dose of stuff at bedtime and smaller dose in morning. I read you grow mostly at night. First 90 minutes of sleep is when growth hormone is strongest. Thought I would give it a try. I take SP,FN,and WY. Wild Yam mostly for the cramping that SP causes sometimes.

Annie
(no login)
Re: Capsules!
June 4 2006, 9:30 PM

Fennel is a gentle herb. For lactation I used to take as much as 3g a day.

Fennel Tea
September 7 2006 at 1:33 PM jonezi (no login)
Hi
Im considering taking fennel as part of my routine as ive noticed some weight gain with fenugreek. Only problem is cant buy them in capsule form in any local shops and if i order them from the internet i usually end up having to wait for weeks as im never home when they are delivered! This is making me think the tea may be my best option. Just wondering if anybody uses this and whether they could tell me what it tastes like and if it is worth trying? I will probably still take small dpsage of fenugreek as well but not as much.

littlelibrarian
(no login)
fennel
September 7 2006, 7:44 PM

I found it in the grocery store!

April Anna
(Login April_Anna)
Fennel tea
November 2 2006, 4:02 AM

I am taking fennel on tea. It does not taste bad. I've had some reasults in about 1 month. I'm using a mix of fennugreek and fennel on tea. That is all I am taking, adding the Chi-massage. I believe that tea is the better start point on every BNE program since it uses low dosages if we compare it to capsules, and it IS proved that high dosages may prevent growth because the body reacts to it.

Best wishes,

April Anna

Anonymous
(Login Moonkissed)
Re: fennel tea
November 2 2006, 4:40 AM

I drink a cup of fennel tea once a day, and I enjoy it very much. It smells like these anise candies I love, which makes it better. I have noiced a small growth in fullness, but I have to wait at least another month to see if there will be a large difference.

tms81
(Login tms81)
November 2 2006, 8:11 AM

The fennel tea taste a little like liqorice, very nice actually. And it also makes me get a lower appetite so it is nice if you dont want to gain weight.

bonnette
(Login bonnette)
November 2 2006, 8:21 AM

another fennel-tea-lover here. Although i run out of the ordinary one last night i also found this other type mixed with glycose and in granulated form in a supermarket (for babies and nursing moms).I have just put it in my mouth in small amounts lately and let it absorb from there. Don't know if it helps anyhow but it tastes very nice.

i have to add that i was drinking fenneltea before my actual routine for a couple of weeks and i experienced the same kind of fullness before periods as i did later with my routine with herb capsules. Makes me wonder if they were already working by themselves. The fullnes went away unfortunately.

i always add liquarice as well to the tea, the result is so yummy i'm addicted to it. Only problem that liquarice u can't drink more than few weeks in a run. So i'm trying to have a break now.

Fennel QUESTION?????
April 19 2006 at 6:45 PM Snowflake (Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
My bottle of Fennel, says "not recommended for prolonged use (more than 2 weeks) unless recommended by a medical professional"--- Why would it suggest that. Does anyone else's bottles say that. Don't know if fennel is helping with sinus problem yet. Go to the dentist to hopefully have a tooth pulled, maybe contibuting to sinus problem. Does anyone have info regarding prolonged use. I know it makes you sun sesitive. Also its suggests 3 capsules, 3 times daily. 500 mg each.== 1500mg daily. I have only started off with 2 a day.

Lisa
(Login seemonkeyme)
EVE MEMBERS
Re: Fennel QUESTION?????
April 19 2006, 7:08 PM

ohhh snowflake!! this is where some reflexology can helpSmile rub the very tips of your toes start on your right foot take your index finger and rub counter clockwise 20 times on each toe. ( hard ) do this once a day for bout 3 three days it might even help after the first time give it bout an hour after.Smile and with the fennel it doesnt say that on mine. I do have a book on herbs will look it up.

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
YOu Mean For Severe Sinus Headaches????
April 19 2006, 7:12 PM

I do this for Sinus??? With my toes?

MK3
(Login MyKids3)
EVE MEMBERS
Hi Snowflake
April 19 2006, 7:15 PM

My bottle of fennel doesnt say anything about"not recomended for prolonged use"
Also I never knew that it can make you sun sensitive either.
Ive been taking fennel for alittle while now (in capsule form)and so far nothing different is going on with me.Now I did start the fennel tea yesterday,and it kinda made my heart feel a little racy at first,but then I was ok.But I added Honey to it.So I dont know what that was really about.Im ok now.It just had me concerned for a moment.I didnt have any fennel tea today yet,but when I do,I will see if it happens again,if it does,then I will stop the tea all together.
Im sure someone will come and give you the answer your looking for.
Take Care!

: ) KEEP SMILIN'!

Lisa
(Login seemonkeyme)
EVE MEMBERS
April 19 2006, 7:18 PM

Yup on your toesSmile will find a diagram for you.

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
MK3, hey how are you???
April 19 2006, 7:23 PM

Yes fennel can make you burn very easily. So if your fair and have to avoid sun to start with, you might want to invest in a huge umbrella hat if you take fennel. Will have to remember this myself.

Marlene
(Login Marlene)
EVE MEMBERS
April 19 2006, 11:50 PM

The not recommended for prolonged use comment is said because fennel can have estrogenic activity. But if you're on NBE the estrogenic activity is exactly what you want! So in our case it actually is recommended for prolonged use.

It's generally a good herb. The ancient Greeks gave fennel to their Olympic athletes to increase their strength whilst preventing them from putting on weight.

Fennel
February 21 2007 at 12:37 AM Anonymous (no login)
Do capsules contain exactly the same type of ground herb (Fennel) that is used in cooking?

If I buy ground fennel from, say a spice shop (or it's sold VERY cheaply on ebay and measure out the amount i want, is it the same thing as buying way more expensive capsules?

Molly H
(Login MollyH)
EVE MEMBERS
February 21 2007, 7:51 AM

Not necessarily. Herbs for medicinal use are often prepared more carefully to obtain a greater purity.

Amelia
(Login Amelia)
EVE MEMBERS
Re: Fenugreek / Fennel
February 21 2007, 9:18 PM

I'm using ground fennel and am getting on well with it. Previously I had taken capsules.

I'm thinking of trying the fennel seed itself, because I have a coffee grinder that works perfectly with herbs and spices.

fennel spice
March 13 2007 at 6:45 PM Anonymous (no login)
I bought some cheap fennel powder, the type sold as a spice. The last couple of days i've sprinkled a teaspoon over salad, it actually tastes nice mixed in with everything else! Also, seem to have more pains since this (but it has only been 2 days). Does anyone know how potent fennel 'spice' is? I read a teaspoon of medicinal herbs = 2,000mg, but i'm assuming my fennel would equal far less, since it's cheaper cooking stuff??

Kathrine
(no login)
Re: fennel spice
March 14 2007, 11:44 AM

It will be less but it won't be far less. Cooking fennel isn't the same quality as capsules, but it's still pretty good. (I'm not too sure about that teaspoon measurement, probably a rough guide only).

Julia
(no login)
Re: fennel spice
March 14 2007, 12:15 PM

I think the teaspoon = 2,000mg is actually about right for fennel.

Anyone drinking FENNEL TEA?
September 30 2006 at 3:49 PM
kitty (Login kitty2006)
Hi,

Iv just come across fennel tea bags made from fennel seeds at my local store and was thinking of trying them out. Has anyone else tried booby friendly herbal teas and seen any results???

I already drink like 3-4 cups of green/jasmine tea everyday as iv been addicted to the stuff for years, and then recently found out that green tea is good for boobs! So im exploring the area of teas and want to find out a bit more.

Thanks!

tms81
(Login tms81)
Re: Anyone drinking FENNEL TEA?
September 30 2006, 3:58 PM

i drank fennel tea before i got the pills. I haven`t got any results yet so i cant say if it works but it is good if you want to loose weight. The tea made me loose me appetite but when i switch to the pills i got my appetite back, dont understand why do.. but i would recommend it because i get tingels in my breast i just haven`t been on NBE long enough to have result yet. It is also used i all breast feeding teas.

tms81
(Login tms81)
September 30 2006, 4:02 PM

the fennel tea taste a little like liqourice. The anise is to recommend to or just buy some breastfeeding tea.
Remember that green tea contains coffeine

kitty
(Login kitty2006)
September 30 2006, 4:08 PM

I see, did you get tingles from just drinking the tea when you started?

Iv never come across Anise is that another booby friendly herb aswell?

Iv been told by relatives that theres no caffeine in green tea either that, or there is very very little compared to coffee, I read green tea has some source of GLA, which is found in borage and evening primrose oils, but don't quote me on that as Im not entirely sure, Il have to find the info again.

tms81
(Login tms81)
September 30 2006, 6:28 PM

black tea contains about half the amont of coffeine in coffee and green tea even less. So it does not contain a lot of coffeine compared to coffee, i just tought i should mention it since you where drinking many cups a day. Anise are in the same family as fennel and are also used in breastfeeding tea. I am taking wild yam(but gonna use the cream instead), fennel, nettle and drink anise and liqourise tea, taste very good.
When i startet i took fennel tea with saw palmetto so i dont know if it was just the fennel or the mix of both of them, but got felt even more when i startet the caps.

bonnette
(Login bonnette)
September 30 2006, 6:46 PM

i started to drink a lot of fennel tea before even starting my routine and i had very light tingles couple of times then as well. can't say i got any growth from that but surely it helps a bit. now i mix fennel tea wit a bit of liquarice and the mix is just delicious, u don't even need to add any sweetening because the liquarice gives it a nice sweet aftertaste.

tms81
(Login tms81)
September 30 2006, 6:51 PM

mmmmmmmmm yeah making my mix of liquarice and anise tea right now yammey

kitty
(Login kitty2006)
September 30 2006, 6:53 PM

really?! thanks for the replies. Im gonna get myself some fennel tea! Im not expecting it to make a huge difference but if it helps thats good. And its cheap too. I couldnt find any anise tea about on supermarket websites, so maybe Il just have to shop around a bit more. Could you tell me how often you drank fennel tea on a day to day basis?

tms81
(Login tms81)
September 30 2006, 7:02 PM

i drank fennel tea twice a day. As i said before i would also recommend breastfeeding tea as they contain a lot of good herbs, like anise fennel and nettle.

tms81
(Login tms81)
September 30 2006, 7:05 PM

But what herbs you choice depends on you if want to gain or loose weight. The fennel helps you keep your weight and the anise and liqarice are in many relaxing teas and might stimulate your appetite

kitty
(Login kitty2006)
September 30 2006, 7:09 PM

Well fennel tea is the only hebal tea related to NBE which seems to be within my reach, all other herbs are only in the form caps or essential oils. I think Im at the right weight for my height, and I find it difficult to put on weight anyway so Im not too worried about the weight factor.

tms81
(Login tms81)
September 30 2006, 7:11 PM

well try out the fennel tea and let me know what you think.
Good luck growing boobies

kitty
(Login kitty2006)
September 30 2006, 7:19 PM

Thanks for the insight, I will keep you posted! And good boobie growings to you too!

Jen
(Login js89)
EVE MEMBERS
September 30 2006, 7:42 PM

I drink fennel tea too. I can't say how much it is helping me as I am taking a few different things - I wouldn't be able to pinpoint the fennel tea alone. I do think it helps overall though.

Vicly A
(Login VickyA)
October 1 2006, 7:02 AM

There is definitely caffeine in green tea but a lot less than in coffee. I would say on average the caffeine content is about 40% of what you get from coffee.

Helen
(Login Helen_N)
EVE MEMBERS
Caffeine contents
October 1 2006, 12:08 PM

I agree girls, also keep in mind that with normal tea, the brewing time can make a big difference. So always make sure you don't brew it for too long - simply, the less you brew the lighter the caffeine content.
Check the following table for details (also notice caffeine content in coke):

----------------------------------------------
Beverage.................12-ounce Can or Bottle
Pepsi-cola..................43.1 mg
Coca-cola..................64.7 mg (!)

Coffee......................Per Serving
Instant.......................66.0 mg
Percolated..................110.0 mg (!)
Dripolated...................146.0 mg (!)

Tea Bags
Black 5-minute brew.........46.0 mg
Black 1-minute brew.........28.0 mg

Loose Tea
Black 5-minute brew.........40.0 mg
Green 5-minute brew........35.0 mg

Cocoa.............................13.0 mg

Happy Growing,
Helen xx

How many mg of fennel at a time?
February 13 2009 at 6:22 PM Nymph (Login SaggyNymph)
I have been taking 1 fennel capsule at a time for a while now. They are each about 480 mg. Do you think I could take two at a time or is 960 mg at a time too much?

MrsJimHalpert
(Login MrsJimHalpert)
Re: How many mg of fennel at a time?
February 14 2009, 6:27 PM

I have the 450mg dose of fennel and the bottle says to take up to 3 capsules twice a day, so thats 2700mgs. hope this helps.

nymph
(Login SaggyNymph)
February 17 2009, 6:22 AM

Thank you! How much do you take?

MrsJimHalpert
(Login MrsJimHalpert)
February 17 2009, 10:45 PM

right now I'm taking 4/day, but when my period comes around [some time this week] I'm going to bump up to 6 in hopes it will work better.

Annie
(Login Annie)
February 19 2009, 12:39 AM

Yes you could easily take 6 capsules a day. 2700mg of fennel is still a normal dose.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon