Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

off topic about stretch marks

off topic about stretch marks
December 30 2008 at 11:43 AM hills (Login Smallsad)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone,
i was just wondering if any one had the remedy or something like that to treat stretch marks on the bum+cellulite?..i massage it with olive oil daily but i dont think that's gonna work..i do realize that there aren't really any treatments, but i figured i'd ask anyway seeing as everyone here is so experienced and knows stuffSmile
thank you

Author Reply
darkprincss
(no login) Re: off topic about stretch marks December 31 2008, 6:10 AM

there really isn't a treatment per se, just things you can do to minimize the look of them. I use a "celulite" cream that has caffine in it and it helps a bit.

lillypilly
(Login Lillypilly) Re: off topic about stretch marks December 31 2008, 11:15 AM

Hey there,

The cellulite is a hard one - I think it is one you have to approach internally with a good diet and lots of water, exercise, and externally with massage etc. Some women are more prone to cellulite because their connective tissue is tighter, giving the dimpled effect. I have heard silicia is supposed to help with this??? But haven't tried it. I took L-carnitine back in my gym days before working out to burn the fat - I think it helped but be warned about burning fat from your boobs Smile Something we don't want!

Stretch marks I've heard rose-hip oil, but I would recommend a good cream with a high percentage AHA's (alpha hydroxy acids) as this helps the skin-cell turnover to speed up, thus improving the texture and lessening the appearance of scars. Not recommended if you are very sensitive.

Good luck with it!

RomaV
(Login RomaV)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: off topic about stretch marks December 31 2008, 11:18 AM

Well that's not true...try the dermaroller (you can find it on ebay) along with the revitol cream or the trilastin cream. It did wonders for me, they are barely visible now if at all.
Be patient and keep up with a daily routine. You should notice results very soon. Don't give up!

Hills
(Login Smallsad) Re: off topic about stretch marks December 31 2008, 1:15 PM

thankyou ladies
i will try those creamsSmile

Hills
(no login) Re: off topic about stretch marks January 2 2009, 5:06 PM

hey,
i wanted to ask, did you use the roller and creams together?

silv
(no login) stretch marks January 2 2009, 10:41 PM

Roma V, what size is your derma roll? thanks!

sailorvenus44
(Login sailorvenus44) Re: off topic about stretch marks January 2 2009, 10:45 PM

I use L-Carnitine for stetch marks on my upper thighs. (Nivea Good-Bye Cellulite cream) I don't know if it's ever helped but it's helped me to firm that area with excersize anyway. To be honest I don't even know why I have stretch marks because I've always been skinny, even as a child people would make fun of me for being so skinny! But I guess some people just have them for whatever reason! I really want to get rid of mine. When I tan it sort of looks like I have stripes going across my butt. O__O

Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
SENIOR MEMBER off topic about stretch marks January 2 2009, 11:23 PM

For cellulite, try yohimburn DF + exercise. ES is the newest and should also be good.

http://www.yohimburn.com

Hills
(no login) Re: off topic about stretch marks January 3 2009, 8:57 AM

Roma v, also..did you use all of them together?! or like was there a combination or anythingSmile
and it really works ryte? I too am skinny, but i have stretch marks on my bum, and i hate the look of itSad
so yeahh

Hills
(Login Smallsad) Re: off topic about stretch marks January 3 2009, 8:58 AM

Hey
Roma V, was there a specific combination you used!? and around how much did these creams cost? & they actually work right? I'm skinny, but i have marks on my bum, and i don't like the look of itSad

RomaV
(Login RomaV)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: off topic about stretch marks January 4 2009, 1:26 AM

Hello,
I used the 1.0 mm dermaroller. I used it along with the revitol cream and the trilastin cream (I was using the revitol every other day). It might be a little pricey but it's a good investment.

Holly
(Login DancingArianFlame)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: off topic about stretch marks January 7 2009, 4:42 PM

hey! I mix melted coconut oil, olive oil and baby oil into a tub and put them on straight after the bath. i also use chemical tretment for the face off avon its too harsh for my skin and for my age but when you use it on strech marks it really makes a diference i also use anti wrinkle cream since its good for repairing wrinkles and the same method should be used to treat stretch marks. also when the marks go white its a pain in the butt isnt it? so a few times a week i carefully apply pure lemon juice to each scar and they seem to be fading into my actual skin colour rarther than fading white which makes them look more noticable.

awalys exfoliate 2 times a day this really does help it also helps the creams, oil etc what ever you use to absorb into the skin so your not left with dead skin cells coming off. great for cellulite too. i use firming creams and cellulite creams from avon. my friend had a huge dimple on her butt before she started using the celluilite cream and in 2 months or so it disappeared alot. if you go in homebargain they have cellulite masks for only 19p! by a good brand too, olay i think i havnt used mine yet but it looks promising you should maybe look on the net for home made body wraps which are meant to help with cellulite. i read about applying egg whites to stretch marks since there full of protien with a little bit of honey and a tiny drop of lemon juice i havnt tried it yet though.

and ofcourse work out and drink plenty of water.

i dont buy into the myth that your stuck with stretch marks forever i really don't just look at this forum who would have thought just simple massage can give you bigger breasts?

Nimdun
(Login Nimdun) Re: off topic about stretch marks January 7 2009, 10:35 PM

Wow I didn't know you could get rid of stretch marks!My sister is gonna be happy when she hears this! =)
I too have stretch marks on my hips and some on my boobies, don't know why since they are so tiny but anyway
It's good to know, allthough my stripes are white since a long time I call them my zebra stripes! ^^

Well since I'm doing my own program abd I'll have to get used to drink 2 liter of water per day so I might as well try this =)

Love
Nimdun

sophiee
(no login) but does it last? January 9 2009, 2:42 AM

when you stop using these creams and massages, does it come back? cause then that'd be awfully expensive and tedious to keep up.

holly
(Login DancingArianFlame)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: off topic about stretch marks October 11 2009, 3:31 PM

if your prone to stretch marks ofcourse they'll come back the prevention of them is to keep your skin well moisturised during weight gain, weight lose, and growing up in general. i dont think you have to keep using alot of lotions every day stick to the one you like and persist with it the best time to decrease them is when there fresh and red when there white there much harder to get rid of thats why i reccomend the lemon juice. because of its blending in effects.

skip
(no login) roma October 12 2009, 2:28 PM

when you used the dermaroller did it make the skin tighter. i was gonna use it on my boobs. will it help with sagg

OT-Stretch Marks??
April 24 2006 at 2:41 PM Persephonee (Login Persephonee)

I hope I don't get in trouble for posting OT but I noticed in another message Lisa had posted that she was a massage therapist and that massage can help with stretch marks. I have awful stretch marks on my stomach from having kids and I was wondering if there is anything I can do for them. I've tried cocoa butter and a couple of other creams (even the one that costs $145.00!!) and nothing seems to have helped much. Any input appreciated and apologies if this message is in appropriate here.
Persephonee

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
Stretch marks are scars,
April 24 2006, 2:46 PM

So maybe you could try pure Vit. E oil. I know a few people have used it for facial scars due to car accidents and have had luck with it. But sorry that really all I know that might work.

Anonymous
(no login)
Re: OT-Stretch Marks??
April 24 2006, 2:47 PM

Stretch marks are VERY hard to GIT RID OF once you already HAVE them. MUCH easier to PREVENT them BEFORE you get them. I am not sure of anything to get rid of them, but the skin being tanner can help "hide" them a bit.

Lisa
(Login seemonkeyme)
EVE MEMBERS
April 24 2006, 5:42 PM

Hey Persophone
How long have you been useing this product? And how deep are the stretch marks? I know how you feel about them Sad I had them on my butt.
Cocoa butter works great but it does take alot of commitment. vit e also works real good but the main key is the massage and how long and how deep you are massagen.. This is what I did and tell all my clients . needs to be once in the morning and once at night.
in the morning use cocoa butter applie it to your stomach in slow light clockwise motion DO NOT RUB COUNTER CLOCKWISE it will make you constipated.This will be your warm up. your stomach has alot of muscles just like excercisen you need to warm up or you will be sore.. anyways
after warm up use your knuckles in little circular motions over marks and you should appie alt of pressure other words the massage needs tobe deep. do this for about 5 to 10 minutes.. then pinch the area but not so it hurts. roll your skin between your fingers as you are pinching do this for about 5 minutes. and then knead your stomach likr you would knead bread. for about 5 minutes and the finish off with with rubing entire stomach clockwise.
Now at night you will want to soak in the bath tub.
pour either cocoabutter oil or vit e oil into tub. I like the cocoa butter oil. just lay in there for about 5 to 10 min and then repeat what you did in the morning.
This isnt going to just work over night this could take just as long as it does NBE. This has to be done consistently or it wont work. I hope this helps you good luck.... Smile Lisa

Lisa
(Login seemonkeyme)
EVE MEMBERS
No getting tanner does NOT hide it
April 24 2006, 6:11 PM

Getting a tan only makes them show up more the marks DO NOT TAN they stay WHITE. Stick with the info I gave you hon. I have preformed this massage on over 175 clients it does work including myself.Lisa

MK3
(Login MyKids3)
EVE MEMBERS
Vitamin E
April 24 2006, 8:57 PM

When my daughter had stitches in her forehead,I got Vitamin E Oil for her and the scar healed up nicely! Cant tell she had stitches.
I tried it for my stretch marks on my belly.I have Vitamin E oil and its really thick and its hard to rub in.I want to use it again,but need to add something to it so its not to thick,but havent figured what yet.Maybe Olive Oil.
It wouldnt hurt to try it,It dont cost alot.

: ) KEEP SMILIN'!

Lisa
(Login seemonkeyme)
EVE MEMBERS
April 24 2006, 9:42 PM

Hi MK3
You might want to try mixing it with sweet almond oil or even try what I was telling Persophonee.. It really does work but like I said it takes consistancey.Some women get stretch marks on there breast like me and if any of you had that and are doing your chi massages you should notice a difference. Now if stretch marks are really deep you CAN get them to fade but i'm talking DEEP. I definatly would not tell you somthing like this if it wasnt true. I have seen it lived it (myself) and have been a massage therapist for 10 years, and I don't do massage just for the feel good part. I work on people for high bloodpressure cellulite reduction low blood pressure skin conditions heart conditions rehabilatations. I took 3 years of anatomy When you go to school to become a massage therapist you don't just rub people and say o.k. your a massage theapist now. There's alot to it.I am licenced L.M.T. And I do take my perfession very seriously. If you have any question feel free to ask Smile Lisa

Mk3
(Login MyKids3)
EVE MEMBERS
Lisa
April 24 2006, 10:31 PM

I will most definately try what you suggested!I will let you know in time how it works out.
Thanks A Bunch!
Take Care!

: ) KEEP SMILIN'!

Lisa
(Login seemonkeyme)
EVE MEMBERS
Sounds great MK3 :}
April 24 2006, 11:14 PM

Please do let me know how you doSmile It takes alot of commitment like NBE but it well worth it.. When I had my first baby ( now 16 ) I thought my butt was ruined forever I was so depressed and I know its was only my butt.. and then when I had my second I got stretch marks on my boobs but really didnt care to much bout that cause I didnt have any boobs lol Big Grin Then by time I had my 3rd & 4th I knew how to prevent them and get rid of them I wish I had some before and after pics to show but anyways good luck OH and putting cocoa butter oil in your bath also makes your skin like velvet very soft. and if you dont like the smell of it you can put a couple drops of essential oil jasmine is my favorite. and when you have a cold or aches and pains in your body put a couple drops of euchaliptus oil. works great. Good Luck MK3 Smile

BJ
(Login SmallGurl)
EVE MEMBERS
April 25 2006, 4:43 AM

I massage with WonderUp cream AND then with cocoa butter. I had a couple of stretch marks on my breasts from pregnancy and they are gone now! The WonderUp cream is suppose to be really good for stretch marks and so is cocoa butter but I don't know if it was one or the other that did it really. I have only been using the cocoa butter for about a month now.

H11-PNK
(no login)
April 25 2006, 5:11 AM

Hello hope u don't mind me inputting, I am a beatician too and hairdresser lol. Well anyway...I use Decleor's Tonilastil aromaessence concentrate oil) followed by prolagene gel and then the tonilastil cream.

I had them on my bum and a about 3 on side of my waist above hips after my daughter was born. The 3 products combined have worked absolute wonders, not to mention the skin itself feels absolutely amazing. the products are extremely pricy if you buy them from retailer/salon -bad me for saying that, but its true lol- but have a look on ebay, just check exp dates b4 u buy them. i speak from exp. i use the prolagene gel on all my body as its a energising gel and helps eliminate scars and regenerate cell renewal ect.I swear by these as I had horrible marks on my back from heat rash wich were there from my early teens and they disapeared in 3mnths of religious use of the gel last yaer and I'm 27 now.

It's like lisa said its going to take time but u have to stick with it like NBE.
Hope this helps Smile

Persephonee
(Login Persephonee)
April 25 2006, 2:21 PM

Thanks so much to everyone who replied. Smile

To H11-PNK, Thanks so much for the info.
I'm going to write the names down of the products you mentioned and look into them but, unfortunately, I don't have the $$ right now for pricey products.

In answer to your questions, Lisa, the one product said to use it 3 times a day for 4-6 weeks. I used it for 6 weeks and religiously used it 3 times a day (that was the Strivectin-SD). My stretch marks are wide and deep on my stomach and there are a lot of them. They even go up over my belly button. Sad I have them other places as well but they are just thin silvery lines on my thighs and butt and don't bother me as much as the stomach. I've been working on losing weight and now the skin on my stomach looks so much worse than it did before. I went out and bought a bottle of Palmer's cream for stretch marks. It has cocoa butter, vit. e, collagen and elastin. Do you think it's worth it to try the massage or should I not bother? I don't want to get my hopes up again but I also can't live with looking at my ugly stomach anymore and don't have money for surgery. Sad
Persephonee

Lisa
(Login seemonkeyme)
EVE MEMBERS
Keep your chin up Smile
April 25 2006, 5:43 PM

Yes it is worth it!!! use the palmers. But if you can find pure cocoa butter with very little addatives thats better I'm very sorry to say this but that cream you used? You got riped off. You know the sayin THE MORE EXSPENSIVE THE PRODUCT THE BETTER IT IS?? BULL****! OK here's what you need to do. I wish I was there to do this for you. your loseing weight thats GREAT!! you want to tone those ab's firm that skin. You might want to do some situps or invest in an ab lounger I have 1 works GREAT. I know you said they are very DEEP thats ok. Dont lose hope But it will take alot of time patience and commitment I mean ALOT of COMMITMENT. situps every other day or lounger will help a GREAT deal. and keep on those tummy massages and very inportant cocoa butter oil in your bath lots of it. If you cant find the oil melt down pure cocoa butter and ad some sweet almond oil or grape seed oil anything but mineral oil. It will clog your pores. YOU CAN DO IT! Smile But it will take awhile dont get discouraged. It took me about a year to get rid of mine on my butt ( they was very deep ). keep me posted and feel free to ask anything. Love Lisaxxxx

Layna
(Login Layna_22)
April 25 2006, 11:17 PM

I dont know where you're from (assuming America cos u mentioned dollars) but theres a product in the Uk called 'Bio-Oil' which works well on scars and stretch marks. It costs about £10 over here, my friend is 28 and still gets bouts of acne. Her face is really scarred as a result and she used Bio-Oil and has noticed some improvement. She also said that she forgets to put it on some days.

Also vitamin E oil is great too. My sister had a knee operation and had a big, deep scar and after using Vitamin E oil its just silvery now instead of really dark red and lumpy. She didnt even massage it in a particular way just rubbed it in.
I havent used it on my stretch marks but I hear its good for those too.

Hope they fade away soon

Anonymous
(Login H11-PNK)
April 26 2006, 2:39 AM

Hey Layna I'm in the UK too. I might get soem of that bio oil and give it a try. I used the vitamin E on my face when I was younger as I suffered form acne scars and I found it helped.

Your right Lisa the more expensive doesn't necessarily mean better.>>> wasn't sure if u were referring to me when u said about being ripped off lol. Sorry It's just these particular products were what worked for me so I could only comment on what I have tried and yeah coming from Florida to the UK and buying in pounds I am finding it expensive as we get less pound for the dollar Sad . I have recently been using alot of cocoa body butter products from the body shop and I can say they have improved my skins overall condition and elasticity.

Anonymous
(Login Persephonee)
Thanks, Lisa. Smile
April 26 2006, 4:17 PM

Thanks so much for the encouragement, Lisa! I've been feeling down and discouraged lately but you have given me hope. Smile I have actually been doing crunches and reverse crunches for a month or so now, 4 times a week. I might even be able to get my hands on an ab machine that my bil is getting rid of (crossing fingers). I'm going to look for a more pure cocoa butter product to use after I use up the Palmer's. Does the bath have to be at bedtime or can it be before that? I'm just trying to figure out how to fit that in. Thanks again for all of the advice and encouragement. Smile
Persephonee

Lisa
(Login seemonkeyme)
EVE MEMBERS
an ab mmachine would be awsome
April 26 2006, 6:05 PM

It would make doing crunches likable. and yup you can do the bath anytime you want during the day or night there is no set timeSmile let me know how you do and if you need anything let me know.
luv Lisaxxxxx

Lisa xxxx
(Login seemonkeyme)
EVE MEMBERS
ohhh ya
April 26 2006, 6:23 PM

And you are sooooo welcome Tongue If you have any questions feel free to ask. Or even if you just need someone to talk to please don't hesitateSmile Luv Lisaxxxxxx

Stretch Marks
April 7 2006 at 6:46 PM Wendy (Login GrowWendy)
Oh, No. I had stretch marks after nursing and pumping but they all but disappeared until now. I am growing and I guess the silvery stretch marks comfirm it. My fear is that I deflate but am left with the stretch marks. I am using olive oil based massage & mirifem. I would think these would help my skin. Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks, Wendy.

Sunset
(Login liquidSunset)
EVE MEMBERS
Re: Stretch Marks
April 7 2006, 6:57 PM

Cocoa butter or Shea butter are very good at preventing and sometimes getting rid of stretch marks. Maybe one of those would help a bit.

~Keep playin those "records" girls! ~
~Best wishes on a growing journey!~
*Sunset*

SugarQ
(Login SugarQ)
Re: Stretch Marks
April 7 2006, 7:00 PM

coconut oil is also very good.

Sunset
(Login liquidSunset)
EVE MEMBERS
oh yeah
April 7 2006, 7:04 PM

Thanks SugarQ, forgot about that! Smile

~Keep playin those "records" girls! ~
~Best wishes on a growing journey!~
*Sunset*

Wendy
(Login GrowWendy)
Thanks
April 7 2006, 7:18 PM

I am going to try and switch the base of my massage

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
Vitimin E
April 8 2006, 2:08 PM

Is supposed to be good for reducing the appearance of scars, which is what stretch marks are. I would go with PURE E oil. it will be expensive, about 18 dollars for small bottle. Put it on at night just before you go to bed, last thing you do. Lots of preventive creams but after your already scarred I really think E oil is you best bet. Just a thought, you know whats best for you. It also will probably take months before you see a change for the better. I know lots of people have used it for scars on face after being in car accidents.

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
Forgot to tell you
April 8 2006, 2:16 PM

I am also scarred badly with stretch marks on my breasts. 3 pregnanies and nursing left me scarred and much smaller then I started out with. But what can you do, your babies always come first right. And at the time it really wasn't that important if I was a bit scarred up, but now as I get older they just seem to contribute to the hint of sag that is trying to happen. wish you luck with whaytever you chose to try.

Stretch mark prevention creams/lotions
September 19 2007 at 9:10 AM Jen (Login blitz1228)

Any recommendations please?

Carol Ann
(Login Chefette)
Re: Stretch mark prevention creams/lotions
September 21 2007, 4:38 AM

I dunno ,honey. Alot of women have used coco butter in the past to help the stretch marks not be so visible. Ya may wanna give it a go. Maybe check out the lotions and potions and creams at the local druggist for an antidote for pregnant women..... it may or may not help, but would be worth a shot./ Congrats on growth.

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
September 21 2007, 11:15 AM

Vitamin E, in lotion and internally. Make sure you get a good cream or lotion ,not a cheap brand.

Jen
(Login blitz1228)
September 21 2007, 1:37 PM

Thank you both.

Hel
(no login)
September 21 2007, 2:01 PM

I used palmers coco butter for pregnancy it worked. I don't have a single mark.

One point though, I used the cream below the belly button area, around the hips and lower back, plus my breasts at morning and night. I found that most women I knew who were pregnant developed stretch marks in these areas. I also rubbed the cream on when ever I felt any tightness or stretching.

People say Olive oil is good too.

sophie
(Login sophie9)
September 22 2007, 2:14 AM

i have stretch marks, and it sounds like you are trying to prevent them, but i agree with the others. my mom did the cocoa butter thing and didn't get a single one. nothing is proven though, but keeping the area well-moisturized seems to make a difference. you might want to try marine collagen for your skin to strengthen the collagen structures. i don't think it is proven to work, but some people here noticed nice changes in their skin with it. i would perhaps advise if you even see the beginning of a mark - go out and get a prescription for Retin-A PRONTO!!! it is the only thing that has been proven to actually reverse the damage of new stretch marks.

Suzy
(Login SuzyUK)
September 24 2007, 10:15 AM

I used 'Bio oil' during my second pregnancy and only got a few tiny stretch marks, whereas with baby one, I got alot on my hips. I found it to be very good - albeit expensive. The one down side is that it is quite greasy, but if you can get hold of it, I would invest as it is also supposed to help reduce scars. I am in the UK, but I'm sure you could order it online if you can't get it in your region. See the website for info; www.bio-oil.info

Delia
(Login Delia Dee)
September 24 2007, 4:44 PM

A traditional remedy is a 2:1 mixture of almond oil and wheatgerm oil.

stretch marks
June 15 2007 at 3:00 AM Lorelai (Login luckyboobs)

I am seeing what I think is the start of stretch marks on my breasts. What is the best kind of cream or lotion to use to avoid these while we are growing? I seem to remember my sister putting cocoa butter lotion on her belly to avoid stretch marks when she was pregnant.

Halome
(Login Halome)
Re: stretch marks
June 15 2007, 3:15 AM

They say stuff with collagen elastin is supposed to be good. Maybe Vitamin K. There are Cocoa Butter products with collagen in it, so that should be good.

sophie
(Login sophie9)
June 15 2007, 4:10 AM

i was told when i got stretch marks that excess estrogen actually thins the skin, thus birth control ans other estrogenic products help stretch marks develop.

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
June 15 2007, 1:07 PM

Use a cream with Vit E in it. Also take internally, Vit E and Vit. A and lots of Vit C.

Lorelai
(Login luckyboobs)
thanks
June 15 2007, 4:08 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. Happy growing everyone!

Black Sheep
(no login)
June 15 2007, 4:41 PM

i got bad stretch marks from herbs and massaging with extracts. theyre hormonal. trilastin seems to help but is expensive.

kieyah
(Login kieyah)
June 15 2007, 10:18 PM

My experience with stretch marks and childbirth was that it didn't matter so much what I massaged with but just regular massaging really helped a whole lot. I think because it stimulates the blood circulation that it must help to heal them. I did get good results using a CO Q10 lotion seemed to help better than plain cocoa butter or other stretchmark creams.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon