Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Is moodiness always caused by hormonal IMBALANCE (instead of excess)?

Sad 

Boobi herbs make me moody, irritable and depressed. Sad I hate it because other than that, they'd really work!

But there's not much fun in big boobs if the process is ruining your relationship...

Any ideas on ways to get around it? Maybe this is a really stupid question, but is it true that moodiness wont occur unless you're taking too much of something IN RELATION to another thing? For example, too much estrogen in relation to progesterone, or the other way around. So in other words, moodiness wouldn't occur if you took enough of the other?

SO...I wouldn't have to take less herbs, instead just take more of a certain type in relation to another...?

If that makes any sense...

Feminine problems are generally caused by too much estrogen compared to progesterone. Problems with the period and so on. Too much prolactin can cause asexuality and it also reduces dopamine which could make someone depressed and irritable. The reverse also happens: dopamine reduces prolactin. They are directly opposed (unlike other hormones which might have a few regulatory steps in between). Dopamine also increases libido.

Prolactin is generally used to increase progesterone, but there are other ways such as progesterone cream or dong quai (2000 mg max). Serotonin is also mood related. Noni is supposed to help, but it might take 20 grams (20,000 mg), I'm not sure. Serotonin also slowly reduces dopamine and vis versa if you only get one or the other.. 5,000-10,000 mg mucuna pruriens can provide dopamine (primarily) and also serotonin. There's also catuaba which increases the brain's sensitivity to dopamine without actually providing dopamine. 1,000-5,000 mg is low for it, 5,000-10,000 mg moderate and 10,000-20,000 mg is high. Taking it with MP has a combined effect so don't overdo it. Both MP and catuaba are popular for libido as you'd suspect.

My best guess would be to try catuaba + dong quai + maybe noni and reduce or remove fennel, licorice, vitex or other prolactin sources. FG is ok. Anyway good luck figuring it out.

As you can see sexual and mood hormones are strongly related. Both rely on B vitamins, so getting plenty of them via a broad spectrum supplement (one with as many as possible) or better yet through food can help. Whole grain foods and other seeds contain them. As does nutritional yeast. Yogurt with L acidophilus and biffidus as the first cultures listed (you may need to search a few stores) provides bacteria that produce some B vitamins. Onions and sunchokes can feed these same bacteria, but cause gas if you don't already have them. You also need eggs (specifically the yolk) for choline, riboflavin and B12, which aren't found as much in other B sources.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon