Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Weight of 1 tsp of PM

Dear all:

I have tried to weigh one tsp of PM and since my scale is not that precise/sensitive, I do not get a good response. If any of you know how much does 1 tsp of pure PM powder weigh (flat teaspoon not heaped), I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks a ton.

I would not suggest taking an irregular measurement like a tsp. There is a lot of variation in size. Go get some measuring scoops. Little plastic things which are a serious of plastic scoops. Can't be more than couple of dollars at the super market.

Please be careful as 1 teaspoon sounds like an awful lot.

I just took a kitchen measuring teaspoon and easily fit five PM capsules in it with lots of room to spare, lots of room. And none of the capsules stuck above the lip of the teaspoon which is what a level teaspoon would be. Since each capsule is 500mg, I would estimate that a teaspoon of powder would be more than 3,000 mg of PM.

There are some pharmacies that do more than count pills from a big bottle to a small one, they actually mix together the ingredients right there in the store. These are called compounding pharmacies. If there's one near you, they should have a scale precise enough. Explain your situation to them and ask, beg or plead for them to first weigh your container (any container will do, but I'm thinking a very small Tupperware container with a sealed lid) while empty and then weigh it with the PM powder.

Another possibility might be a school science lab which might have a precise scale.

I have a battery operated kitchen scale but it only goes down to 1 gram (1,000 mg) so when it reads 1 gram it means someplace between 501mg and 1,499 mg which is a pretty wide spread. Also, I don't have any PM powder.

Good luck

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon