Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

What herb to take if you're estrogen dominant?

(12-07-2012, 06:22 AM)Doll Wrote:  
(10-07-2012, 08:30 PM)godiva72 Wrote:  My progesterone cream and wild yam pills arrived today, but I am confused how to take them.

I ordered Pro-Gest cream, because it was highly rated, and the box leaflet states that it is made of Mexican Wild Yam. I didn't know this because the pills that I ordered are Wild Yam too. I am not sure if I should take both the pills and the cream.

The pills should be taken as 2 capsules a day, so 2 x 850 mg, and the PC cream instructs to use 2 dollops of 450mg per day. Considering they are made of the same ingredient, is this too much?

Don't forget my fiasco 10 days ago when I took PM, and finding out my boobs shrunk 2cm, meaning I am estrogen dominant!

Rather than discontinue PM abruptly, I have slowly tapered down my dosage to 200 mg per day to prevent a crazy period and other negative side effects.

Help!

Hate to be the one to break it to you...but progesterone made from wild yam doesn't work as a pc. I forget why. You want something made from actual progesterone, or else I think your body doesn't turn it into progesterone properly or something. Especially if you are already taking Wild Yam.

This is the one my friend just started using. It has progesterone USP, not wild yam or soy progesterone. It also has evening primrose oil in it. She's used it about a week and a half so far, so it's too soon to tell for sure. But her breasts got a LOT fuller before her monthly this time and they seem to be getting even fuller still now that she's off of it. She also uses epo, fg and hops, and ups her dose of each while she's not using her pc.

Doll,

The cream I use: http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/br...id=JP-7003 and the page says it does contain progesterone cream. Is this different? The user revies and ratings are the same.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon