Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

BriLaw's Program

(25-11-2012, 07:40 PM)Brilaw Wrote:  -Calcium seems to complement PM

Which does not surprise me in the least. With how similar PM is to estradiol it seems almost silly to not expect the same synergistic response between the two as between estradiol and calcium.

Honestly, I think calcium is probably helpful for absorption of most estrogens. What's fun is that estrogen is also quite helpful for the absorption of calcium.

Well it's nice to know a little bit more about why Calcium is helpingBlush, thanks AbiDrew85

So I went ahead and ordered some more supplements (most of the red items from my post on the last page). I think I will try to have a blood test taken before I begin taking anything else. I want to have one done before the start of my break/detox and one done after so that I have a better idea of how NBE is effecting my hormones. I feel like Tibetan was right when she stated that I am probably estrogen dominant by now. I had been thinking it but I have noticed some of the symptoms:

Quote:Estrogen Dominance symptoms: Beast cancer; breast swelling; fibrocystic breasts; tenderness; decreased sex drive; mood swings; water retention; edema; bloating; heavy or irregular periods; craving for sweets; weight gain on hips and thighs; fibroid tumors; endometrial cancer; ovarian cancer; and increased risk of strokes. Severe allergies can even be related to estrogen over production.

(I've experienced the ones in pink)

Honestly most of symptoms I've experienced were not obvious (i.e. weight gain happened over time, mood swings usually come around that time of the month, breast tenderness had become my norm). The only (somewhat) new and unusual symptom I've experienced is water retention occurring sporadically throughout the months. From time to time my hands would swell for a short period of time (20-30 mins), then return to their normal size.

I knew it would come to this as I was probably ED after just a short while on herbs (FG/SP/WY/RC). Maybe I didn't take a long enough break between herbs and PM. Well, back to the drawing board Dodgy

Things to do:
-Take multi daily (3 weeks/month)
-Make Dr. appt. for blood work
-Research supps
-Monitor basal temp for the next 6 months
-Massage and noogle more
-Exercise more
-Eat (even) healthier
-Document changes more accurately/often

(26-11-2012, 04:19 PM)Brilaw Wrote:  Well it's nice to know a little bit more about why Calcium is helpingBlush, thanks AbiDrew85

So I went ahead and ordered some more supplements (most of the red items from my post on the last page). I think I will try to have a blood test taken before I begin taking anything else. I want to have one done before the start of my break/detox and one done after so that I have a better idea of how NBE is effecting my hormones. I feel like Tibetan was right when she stated that I am probably estrogen dominant by now. I had been thinking it but I have noticed some of the symptoms:

Quote:Estrogen Dominance symptoms: Beast cancer; breast swelling; fibrocystic breasts; tenderness; decreased sex drive; mood swings; water retention; edema; bloating; heavy or irregular periods; craving for sweets; weight gain on hips and thighs; fibroid tumors; endometrial cancer; ovarian cancer; and increased risk of strokes. Severe allergies can even be related to estrogen over production.

(I've experienced the ones in pink)

Honestly most of symptoms I've experienced were not obvious (i.e. weight gain happened over time, mood swings usually come around that time of the month, breast tenderness had become my norm). The only (somewhat) new and unusual symptom I've experienced is water retention occurring sporadically throughout the months. From time to time my hands would swell for a short period of time (20-30 mins), then return to their normal size.

I knew it would come to this as I was probably ED after just a short while on herbs (FG/SP/WY/RC). Maybe I didn't take a long enough break between herbs and PM. Well, back to the drawing board Dodgy

Things to do:
-Take multi daily (3 weeks/month)
-Make Dr. appt. for blood work
-Research supps
-Monitor basal temp for the next 6 months
-Massage and noogle more
-Exercise more
-Eat (even) healthier
-Document changes more accurately/often

Hmmm; irregular periods? You can also be low in E, but you can still be E dominant. So you might need phyto E's in the future. But remember, if you want to put your body back into puberty mode, start with progesterone first, then later, add your phyto E's.

Good luck with it!

I think that my periods were just a little irregular (off by less than 10 days) because of my using RC and then, PM. I still not sure if or what type of hormonal imbalances that irregularity points to.

So I've been on a break for a month now. Symptoms of ED are still pretty present, acne has been worse in spite of saw palmetto and my period was about a week and a half late this cycle. On the bright side, I was able to see a doctor that ordered almost all of the lab tests that I wanted (i.e. testosterone, estradiol, progesterone, thyroid, etc.). She seems to think that I may suffer from some type of hormonal imbalance and proposed bio-identical hormones. I hope that the imbalance is not too serious but I'm glad that I'm on my way to correcting it.

(24-12-2012, 03:53 AM)Brilaw Wrote:  So I've been on a break for a month now. Symptoms of ED are still pretty present, acne has been worse in spite of saw palmetto and my period was about a week and a half late this cycle. On the bright side, I was able to see a doctor that ordered almost all of the lab tests that I wanted (i.e. DHEA, testosterone, estrogen, progesterone, thyroid, etc.). She seems to think that I may suffer for some type of hormonal imbalance and proposed bio-identical hormones. I hope that the imbalance is not too serious but I'm glad that I'm my way to correcting it.

That's the best thing you can do. HRT can be expensive but at least her recommendations can guide you to the right herbs this time around if you cannot go that route.

RC is a strong phyto. If your bottom half is bigger than your top, you most likely easy to be E dom even if you are supplementing with Progesterone type herbs and perhaps aren't able to make enough progesterone in the adrenals.

You should check them and your cortisol morn, noon, night at least. Just so you can rule this out.

I think that my insurance would pretty much cover HRT. My cortisol will also be checked but I think only in the morning. I'm thinking about seeing the doctor again before my labs are done to see if I get a few more tests done. Looks like I won't be taking NBE supplements for a while as I'll be waiting for my lab results and the follow up with my doctor as well as most likely having surgery soon (to repair an umbilical hernia).

(24-12-2012, 05:36 PM)Brilaw Wrote:  I think that my insurance would pretty much cover HRT. My cortisol will also be checked but I think only in the morning. I'm thinking about seeing the doctor again before my labs are done to see if I get a few more tests done. Looks like I won't be taking NBE supplements for a while as I'll be waiting for my lab results and the follow up with my doctor as well as most likely having surgery soon (to repair an umbilical hernia).

Sad

I hope all goes well for you soon...

(24-12-2012, 05:36 PM)Brilaw Wrote:  I think that my insurance would pretty much cover HRT. My cortisol will also be checked but I think only in the morning. I'm thinking about seeing the doctor again before my labs are done to see if I get a few more tests done. Looks like I won't be taking NBE supplements for a while as I'll be waiting for my lab results and the follow up with my doctor as well as most likely having surgery soon (to repair an umbilical hernia).

I am sorry to hear that! I hope your surgery goes well. I took five years from NBE to really adress my issues. But it was well worth it.

That's great if they can cover it! HRT is superior. You get the best plant sources of phyto estrogens and progestins (more so if its holistic). You will probably notice some unexpected growth from HRT.

I didn't have coverage so I can not do HRT any longer but I learned exactly what I needed and devised accordingly and its working!
HRT prescribed progesterone gel is practically bio identical and you can't get that over the counter. You ca get all of the bio E's such as estrone, estradoil, estriol too! So good for you!

I appreciate the concern AbiDrew && Tibetan.

Tibetan, how about long did you do HRT?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon