Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

pm and lactating....?

Hi,

I started using PM cream during my luteal phase since I read it was alright to use the cream during this 2nd half.

I had my son 7yrs ago and stopped breast feeding when he was 5mns old. After using the PM cream for 2 days I've noticed pain in my breast like usual pms symptoms and when I was massaging them this morning I squeezed one of my breast and what seemed like milk came out...I'm not pregnant but concerned since I've been dry for 7 yrs!

chances are that you are..... i have been using PM + Wild yam concentrate extract... i have noticed recently to be slightly expelling a clear fluid ( only droplets as of right now). whereas you have previously given birth, i am sure that the likelyhood is greater for you.. keep an eye on the color. if it is anything other than clear to whitish (like milk) and not yellowish and/or greenish (signs of infection or masticitis(?)).. if they are yellow or green, see a doctor for antibiotics and or treatment...

women of any age can lactate and or re-lactate.. there are whole websites on 'induced' lactation such as La Leche League.. ( the Milk League) for adoptive mothers, etc. Some women have never bared children and are able to lactate.. Even some males have been able to (since male and female are geneticly the same up top, only women have more developed glands). but yes, even men can develop them too...

But bact to your original statement, yes, it should be possible, though i believe its the Drop in estrogen that causes the body to shift to create milk, not the addition. then again i could be backwards..

i believe its the increase of progesterone that causes the increased prolactin ( main ingredient of milk production).....may have to have your hormone levels checked by your endocrynologist...

Its funny you talk about increased progesterone because I've been taking vitex during this luteal phase, I've been trying to increase my progesterone levels so the PM I'm taking topically doesn't make my estrogen levels higher during this phase. I just don't want my breast to deflate. I went from a 32 to a 34 in 2wks as soon as I hit day 13 I stopped taking estrogenic herbs and quickly lost 1\2 was then at 33 1\2 but since I've started applying the pm cream I'm getting back to a 34. I think I'm going to try to lower my dosage of vitex and see how that goes. Seeing any type of fluid coming out sets me on panic mode but thankfully the discharge was clear to white. Thanks a bunch for your reply : )

High prolactin and low progesterone is what causes lactation. High progesterone halts it. Vitex actually provides prolactin, which usually leads to more progesterone but maybe not in your case. You might try progesterone cream or 1,000-2,000 mg dong quai instead for progesterone without prolactin. If you want an anti-prolactin there's 500 mg or more vitex which is too much so it saturates and blocks prolactin receptors. Or 5,000-10,000 mg mucunua pruriens which provides dopamine which directly counteracts prolactin.

its been a few days and I have drastically lowered my intake of vitex and the discharge has stopped when I squeeze my breast. I also increased my dosage of fenugreek and I've noticed it makes my breast quite sensitive to the touch to the point where I'm feeling stimulated even by my bra...its quite awkward when I'm talking to people while feeling this. I've been faithful to applying the PM cream but my breast have been hurting since day I first applied (day13) till now (day25). For the first time ever I can't wait till my menses come so I can start taking the PM capsules.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon