Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Spotting and UltraBreast, Please help!

Bug 

So I'm into my second week of UB and have begun having spotting. This is really disconcerting to me because I use birth control pills as my sole contraception method. I read that UB doesn't disrupt BC Pills, but Could the UB have possibly disrupted my pill? Or is spotting natural on UB? Should I stop taking it? Sad
Does anyone have any advice?
Smile 

I think I found the answer to my own question so I"ll post it here for anyone else who is wondering the same thing about Ultrabreast and the Birth Control Pill's effectiveness.

I read this about how birth control pills work at About.com:

"It basically comes down to the notion that hormonal birth control works by suppressing the two key hormones that are involved in your ovulation day: FSH and LH.

These two hormones begin to be produced when the body notices a shortage of estrogen and progesterone. Hormonal birth control provides just enough of these synthetic hormones to prevent the stimulation of FSH and LH production. Keeping estrogen and progesterone levels constant produces constant levels of FSH and LH, which keeps the egg from ripening and maturing -- thus the egg is never released, so your ovulation day does not occur."

Even on UB, you still should not ovulate because all UB does is increase estrogen (Bovine Ovary) and Progesterone (Bovine ovary and Wild Yam Extract) to cause breast growth.

I should also add that when I stopped UB, the spotting also stopped completely. I know the UB is causing the spotting, and I would estimate that it is because of the increased levels of progesterone and estrogen causing changes to the uterine lining, causing spotting.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon