Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Advise while traveling abroad and NBE... (Back to Basics)

I meant a year's worth of things that I've been taking as health supplements for years, way before I even considered NBE. Things such as fish oil capsules, flax seed oil capsules, biotin, saw palmetto, evening primrose, pomegranate, resveratrol, turmeric, st. john's wort, etc.

Although I must admit that I did buy 2,500 PM 500 mg pills on eBay (that was the quantity in the listing), but am having a problem straightening things out with the vendor who only sent me 1,000. ONLY !!! Big Grin I did the math later and realized that 2,500 pills at 4 a day (not sure I'll take that much) comes to 21 months (1 3/4 years). Even the 1,000 comes to 8 months. I sure hope they don't go stale first.

I may be a halfwit but can never seem to do anything half way.

(07-03-2012, 06:29 PM)EricaB Wrote:  I meant a year's worth of things that I've been taking as health supplements for years, way before I even considered NBE. Things such as fish oil capsules, flax seed oil capsules, biotin, saw palmetto, evening primrose, pomegranate, resveratrol, turmeric, st. john's wort, etc.

Although I must admit that I did buy 2,500 PM 500 mg pills on eBay (that was the quantity in the listing), but am having a problem straightening things out with the vendor who only sent me 1,000. ONLY !!! Big Grin I did the math later and realized that 2,500 pills at 4 a day (not sure I'll take that much) comes to 21 months (1 3/4 years). Even the 1,000 comes to 8 months. I sure hope they don't go stale first.

I may be a halfwit but can never seem to do anything half way.

If the PM came with the plastic wrapped around the container, it should stay fresh. Also keep the containers in a cool dry place, not the refrigerator though Tongue

I think what I bought might have been intended for someone to repackage and resell, but I'm not sure. I mean, who in their right mind buys 2,500 PM pills at once? Aside from me, that is. The 1,000 I've received so far came in a plastic ziplock bag, I can barely imagine the size of the bag for 2,500. I'm planning on transferring the pills to old opaque pill bottles (hope I have enough of them) and wrapping each in plastic wrap and praying.

Thanks for advising against the refrigerator as that was my first thought for storage.

Drat, just broke a nail while typing Sad
Sad 

Hey guys so I'm really bummed out because I've been on "my program" for over 4 months an nothing has happened. Nothing at all, no tingles, no growth... nothing. I'm so very discouraged.Sad

Hi Valerie,

Sorry I didn't flag this before, but the fenugreek dose shouldn't be higher than hops.

I couldn't find your stats. Important showstoppers can be:

weight: increase Eve M's doses if you weigh well over 120 lbs
and height: Body Mass Index should be above 20
multivitamin: vitamin B6, vitamin B12, folic acid, zinc, iron if you menstruate
diet: low carb, high protein
exercise: walking (not running marathons), massage, push ups
meds: for instance, hops doesn't work with antibiotics
diagnoses involving hormones: for instance a slow thyroid, PCOS, acne
heat: higher body temperature helps
pregnancies and breast feeding: if they didn't grow then, there must be a reason

Check the first posts in a few program threads: there is a more or less standard list of relevant data.

Isabelle THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE HEADS UP!!
I had no idea about the FG and Hops ratio. Huh
I suppose I saw so many girls on this website taking Hops I just assumed it was needed for BNE. Wahaika recently recommend a program to me which didn't even include Hops. She also warned experimenting with Hops! (http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=11167 post #10) I'm probably going to start the program she recommended as soon as I'm done with the current supplements I have. I am hoping this will resolve my problem. Maybe I should just cut out all the Hops now...?

-Val

34 yrs old
5 feet tall
100 lbs
34A (A or very small B)
no kids

Hi Val,

You have to decrease the hops to 1,500 mg because of your body weight. And if you feel that the disappointment with your program is strengthened by a more general depressed mood, stop hops right away.

Your Body Mass Index is 19.5. It would be nice if your new program makes you gain 3 lbs. If you're lucky, it will be all boobs Smile

Isabelle - Would it be bad to cut Hops out all together?? The new program I was going to change to doesn't even include Hops... I haven't felt depressed in general just bummed out about taking all the pills and not seeing any results.
-Val

Well Val,

That is a tough question because you didn't grow on it so far. If you have given it a fair four months and seen no results at all, it won't hurt to drop it. There is a supplement, Menohop, that can get you started on it. Karen tried it and it worked for her. It's in my program thread.

Because of the four months without success, you can drop the flax as well. The soy, you could increase to 1,500 mg, but I don't know many people who grew on soy as their only phyto-estrogen. So it's time to try something different. Either the program you were about to switch to, or Menohop with your current program with more soy, or PM.

Cut the hops. If you want to experiment with it, it is better to do it by itself in order to see what dosages have what effects on your specific body. That is the only condition where I would favor the use of hops. I noticed the word "she" when referring to me above. Please note the avatar. Wink

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon