Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Jojoba Oil - good or bad?

So, I've read a few posts that say jojoba oil is good for massage. But then I read a post that said the complete opposite, to never-ever use it. So I'm really not sure who to believe here...

I've been mixing some in with my lotion regardless, and it's only been about a week and a half or so, so I really can't tell yet.

Also, if it is good for you, what exactly does it do for your boobs?

Bump.

Also, my breasts have been VERY painful to the touch these past two weeks. I've been adding so many things to my routine, I'm not really sure what the culprit is, but is jojoba a possibility? I doubt growing boobs hurt this bad. Everyone always talks about growing pains, but this feels a bit excessive. Sad

Hi Doll, I found this thread while searching about jojoba oil. Do you still use the oil and what are your experiences with it since the last time you posted? Jojoba sounds ideal to me as my chest area is a little prone to acne, so I'm thinking of using the lightest oil I can get away with, or perhaps a lotion. Thanks.

Jojoba is a good oil to use for massage. It's the same weight as the oil we make from our sebaceous glands, so it's not likely to clog your pores. The only thing is that it tends to get pricey. I use it in my blend of oils for massage and overall skin care, and it's the most expensive of the oils I use.

Haha I see this is an old thread and you probably already found out the answer to this, but since it has been posted on recently and I think I have something to add which is not yet mentioned on here, I will add it for the sake of those who don't know Smile

In answering your question about HOW it is good, Jojoba is mainly good for improving blood circulation. This obviously will just help to further more increase the blood circulation that you are trying to create in your breast as you massage. Also, as justalittlemore said, it is very similar to sebum, and therefore highly compatible with your skin. It also contains a boat load of vitamins (A, B, D, E, and Omega-9).

Source: http://www.sweetsweat.com/blog/sweet-swe...er-jojoba/

Thank you, justalittlemore and timarie! I do hope it won't make me break out. Right now, I need to put some baby powder on my chest and back before I go to bed, and I don't fancy having them adhere to my oiled boobs! But if the jojoba gets absorbed quickly, then that will be great!

Let us know how it works for you, rubric!

Thanks, Timarie. Right now I'm in a slightly confused stage, as I'm wondering whether to start PM without getting hormone tests done first (but following a colon and liver/gallbladder cleanse) or whether I should stick to massage for a month or two.

I did check out the organic jojoba oils on iherb but there are mentions of a "chemical" smell which I may not like as I'm quite sensitive to plasticky/chemical smells. I may order it locally through a health shop but I get the impression that they decant it from a larger bottle, so the freshness is unknown.

I've tried sweet almond oil but it's too greasy to me and I couldn't wait to wash it off once the massage was over.

Sigh...I seem to over-analyse and over-research everything! Blush

(30-01-2013, 12:45 PM)rubric Wrote:  Thanks, Timarie. Right now I'm in a slightly confused stage, as I'm wondering whether to start PM without getting hormone tests done first (but following a colon and liver/gallbladder cleanse) or whether I should stick to massage for a month or two.

I did check out the organic jojoba oils on iherb but there are mentions of a "chemical" smell which I may not like as I'm quite sensitive to plasticky/chemical smells. I may order it locally through a health shop but I get the impression that they decant it from a larger bottle, so the freshness is unknown.

I've tried sweet almond oil but it's too greasy to me and I couldn't wait to wash it off once the massage was over.

Sigh...I seem to over-analyse and over-research everything! Blush

Based on the fact that our potential breast growth depends a lot on our natural hormone levels, I personally am patiently waiting to get my blood test results back and, while I wait, I am getting nice swelling from massage, which makes me happy for now Smile I figure, better safe than sorry!! I see too many people on this forum and elsewhere severely messing up their ovulation cycles, AND people actually LOSING volume and size in their breasts because they made the wrong assumptions about what their breasts actually needed for growth. I don't want to take that chance, as I really don't have too much to afford to lose! I figure better to have a late start where I have an idea of what my breasts need (and therefore having a better chance with NBE), than to rush and go blindly into it, potentially causing health risks and causing myself a set back in my progress. But that's just my opinion Tongue I like to be sure and careful when I do things. Plus my Doctor was proud of me to hear that I wanted to see my results before moving forward with anything.

Interesting about the "chemical" smell. That information link which I posted above is a write-up about a product called "Sweet Sweat" which is meant to help blood circulation in the area which you apply it. Jojoba is the main acting ingredient. I loved the idea of it, used it twice in one week and just a day after the second time I used it, I broke out in a rash from my buttocks down to my ankles, and on the backs of my arms down lighter around my hands. But the rash was REALLY bad on my legs, especially my butt cheeks Blush I haven't taken it since then (which was a week ago) and my rash is now completely gone. I have a very high level of histamine in my skin and so my skin is extremely sensitive. If your skin is sensitive too, I would advise you to continue being cautious about what you use!

*Also* I want to add here something I thought was interesting. This jojoba oil used in Sweet Sweat is, with exercise and elevated heart rate, supposed to help BURN OFF FAT in that location of the body in which you apply the product. Just in case anyone plans on rubbing jojoba oil on their breasts and then going out for a jog... might not be a good idea!! While the product is on the breasts, it is probably best if one maintains a lower heart rate, like under 100. With these lower heart rate conditions, it should just enhance the blood flow created by the massage to encourage tissue growth.

I don't know if you have tried this, but I use Palmer's Cocoa Butter Moisturizing Gel Oil with Vitamin E with my massages and I just love it. I am getting great swelling so far and it has only been a week of using it, AND the skin condition on my breasts are improving, as well.

Over analyzing and researching everything is a flaw of mine, too Wink It's a good thing! Your body will thank you for it.

Thanks timarie! Lots of great information!

Wow, holy hell, this thread is so old. I had no idea I ever wrote this. xD

I never knew it was good for circulation. GOOD. Maybe I'll start using it again. :3

The only reason I stopped was because it took so long to absorb into my body. So if I put it on in the morning, it would get all over the inside of my bra. Maybe I'll try using it with my Red Light Therapy lotion and see if it absorbs faster (I've just been using my RLT lotion on my breasts lately, it seems to be helping my acne some).

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon