Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

replacement for saw palmetto

Apparently I received a pretty bad side effect from saw palmetto. It caused a severe reaction under my underarms and near the pits. It got to a point that I looked like I had severe burns there including the burned looking skin to peel off in large clumps. It was also extremely painful. It took a while for it to completely go away and I had to stop all my supplements while trying to heal.

After the first week and when I thought it was getting better I started saw palmetto up again and it all came back worst then the first time. So I am pretty certain it was the saw palmetto for I was not taking anything at that point.

So I want to replace saw palmetto with something else.. What would you all recommend? Can Hops pretty much replace saw palmetto? or should I add something else to the Hops? Isabelle would you have any recommendations?

Thanks,
rebekah

Hi Rebekah,

Hops should do it. Spearmint tea is another good one.

How much hops and how much spearmint should I take?

Thanks for the info.
rebekah

(18-02-2012, 10:50 PM)Isabelle Wrote:  Hi Rebekah,

Hops should do it. Spearmint tea is another good one.

Hi Rebekah,

2,000 or 2,500 mg is OK. Think the size of teabags.

I suppose I should have been more specific with the second part of the question.. lol

How many cups of spearmint should I drink per day? How fresh should the spearmint be?

Thanks,
rebekah

(19-02-2012, 02:36 PM)Isabelle Wrote:  Hi Rebekah,

2,000 or 2,500 mg is OK. Think the size of teabags.

Ohman, I got that SAME reaction. But I got it when I stopped? Maybe it was working out of my system! I also gained weight on my thighs and face like crazy despite being more active, and some other issues.

But it had some nice effects... fuller lips, bright eyes, some growth. But it's just not worth the side effects to me.

Will fenugreek cause those positive effects mentioned? I also am going back to spearmint tea but I think I need to combine it with an estrogenic herb or something to combat.. uhm.. the dryness side effect and total loss of libido.

I used it for about 3 months and had great results... leg hair grew slower, etc. I just used regular inexpensive tea bags that cost about $6 for 20. Though I think I noticed better results with the plain dried leaves. Apparently for hirsutism, women use 1 tsp in cup water, 2 times a day. But I would recommend only taking it during the follicular phase personally as when I took it all cycle, it messed up my cycles a lot.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon