Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Gilly's new program

Well, hey there, Gilly! How is your program going?

Gilly, why don't you try Paragard? I have the IUD that lasts for ten years (you can remove it at any time and resume with getting pregnant). Some of the side effects are heavier and longer periods (mine used to be light and 5 days long, once I got the IUD it was heavy for about the first 4 days and lasts 7-8 days). Once I started using herbs for NBE, I have noticed a lighter period and shorter as well. You may experience cramps as well. But to be honest, the benefits are definitely worth it. Another thing though, there is a chance that it may get stuck (low chance I believe), which would require a surgery. My mom had hers removed already after over 7 years of having it and didn't have it stuck. I have had mine for 4 years.

hey I just wanted to post because I think i may have been on every type of bc. I have tried the depo shot, four kinds of pills, the patch, and both iuds the mirana and the paragaurd. from my experiences on the three month shot i didn't bleed the first month but i did for everyday of the last two months. I got pregnant on lo estrin 24 and on the patch but the patch was because i was also on a month of antibiotics and it was before they put that handy sticker on about antibiotics interfering...but i miscarried that one. I had the mirena which was ok but it messed with my moods pretty bad. i hated the paragaurd!!! periods were insane!! i would go through a super tampon in less then an hour and that lasted for 3 days then i would have a medium flow for 3 days after that. not to mention it got dislodged and embedded on the back side of my uterus. i just got lucky my doc could get it out without sending me into emergency surgery. now i am back on the patch and love it lol. oh yeah and i tried the nuvaring but it wiped out my sex drive. lol i can't keep up with all the bcs ive tried, they all mess with me in one way or another. after i have another child or ok maybe 2 ill get my tubes tied. but anyway after i got rambling i was going to say skipping periods with bc just ends up causing break through bleeding from hell with blood clots. and yes it is very scary when its happening! im glad you got it figured out and u may want to give it just a few months of 3 on 1 off then try again. i don't know, im not a doc but if my experience when it comes to bc periods it tends to be better in the end to not skip them. ok well i hope Ive helped a little and i hope you are feeling better!!!
whispers

@ whispers:
Ouch with the paragard. That is the worst thing a paragard could do. I am quite nervous about my removal Sad but it has to come out some time. Hopefully I don't go through any difficulties. After a C-section, I don't want anything to do with a surgery. But yeah, the heaviness daaaaaam. It is heavy! Herbs have helped me tremendously with that Tongue Without them, it was guaranteed to dirty my pants (after sleeping) for the first days Angry

Hey girls!

Thanks so much for comments on birthcontrol. I am thinking of maybe switching from nuvaring to something else, just because now I think Nuvaring was causing all sorts of problems, that I have not previously thought of connecting with it. Like the frequent UTIs, this acne that I've had in my face, sudden weight loss, all of which happened after I started on nuvaring 3 years ago. The uti symptoms I had pretty much every day while I was using nuvaring continuously.

So I ended up taking out the nuvaring for a week like the nurse had said, and I got my period. Put another ring in after that, and since then I haven't been bleeding, except for a tiny bit of spotting (which is really nothing in comparison), so it seems it was the continuous ring. Oh, and I just continued the PM at the same dose even without the nuvaring, and that worked fine. I decided to skip one day of the fennel seed though, just to make sure I would bleed.

I've added stinging nettle leaf as a tea along with my spearmint, though I am still not sure if it is beneficial to NBE. I know that the root is an anti-androgen, but I haven't found the same for the leaves. For me it is working to remove the eczema I have on my arms and legs, as well as dandruff. I've no more symptoms of UTIs since I've started taking it. It's supposed to be an anti-histamine, hypoglycemic, galactogogue, diuretic, good for the liver, against excessive menstruation flow.
And I've found this about it: "Because nettle can alter the menstrual cycle and may contribute to miscarriage, pregnant women should not use nettle."

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/sting...000275.htm
So I'm wondering what about stinging nettle can alter the menstrual cycle?? I haven't found anything about phyto-hormones and stinging nettle, just that the root occupies SHBG increasing free testosterone, and hinders the conversion into DHT.
Does anybody know anything about this?

Other than this, I've been doing the same old stuff, except I haven't been noogling in a long while. My breasts haven't gotten bigger on the measuring tape, maybe even smaller Dodgy

Gilly!
How did everything turn out? Did you stick with Nuvaring? I'm about to start Nuvaring in a couple of days to regulate my cycle and I'd really like to hear more about your experiences with it, particularly in relation to PM use. I don't want to accidentally get pregnant on Nuvaring because PM messes up bc or something crazy like that

Hey Belabrasil!

I did decide to stick with it though I might change in the far future.
So far it seems that my bleeding for several weeks was due to me doing the nuvaring continuously without breaks. PM might have contributed to making it worse though. IDreamofD seemed to have had no issues whatsoever with PM and nuvaring, so it's hard to say. I seem to remember her having already been on it continuously before starting PM though.
After taking the ring out for a week, and putting another ring back in I have had no more problems with bleeding. Also I just continued my normal dose of PM throughout that period week, and had no issues.
I can't say anything about the risk of getting pregnant while using both. I think this system for me is working well enough, as long as I keep my levels of estrogen high so as not to induce ovulation. Though I am wondering if it makes a significant difference in hormone levels when I remove the nuvaring for a week, if that could possibly induce ovulation... but then again, it is not supposed to do that when you're taking nuvaring without herbs...

Have you decided if you are going to cycle pm or use it continuously?

I will have another ring-free week starting sunday, so I'll report back if everything went smoothly!

I definitely wouldn't cycle it. If anything I would do what IdreamofD did and just stop during my period. And I'd probably only take 500mg a day instead of the recommended 1000mg. Last time I tried PM (while I wasn't on bc) I had very serious depression issues each time I stopped. I talked to Isabelle about it and she said it was because PM may have a similar effect as Serotonin on the brain, which explains why you're so happy when you take it Smile
Since I'll be starting birth control for the very first time, do you recommend I wait to start taking the PM until next month? Or would it not really matter?
I absolutely love the effects PM had on me. My skin was clear, I felt wonderful all the time. I'd love to have that again, lol.

Yeah I read that about PM and seratonin too. Very interesting.. which also makes me kinda scared to stop pm in the future! I'm definitely not going to stop cold turkey. I know what you mean about the nice effects of PM! Though it never has done much for me in terms of skin. Actually I could write this on your thread on the other effects of pm Tongue

Hehe I don't know if I'm the right person to ask, because I've had issues with pm and nuvaring, but if you have the patience you should probably start the two separately to ease your body into it. If anything, just to prevent any side effects from suddenly a lot of new hormones in your body. Plus one is synthetic hormones, the other is phyto-hormones...though I don't know the effects the difference will have. Dodgy

Isabelle just mentioned stinging nettle in her post here
So I'm still kind of on the fence with it, but will continue to use it, both the leaves and the root, but not overdoing it hopefully.

About a week ago I was experiencing a lot of swelling throughout the day which I haven't seen in a while. I've also had some growing sensations like pain since I took a week off from my nuvaring and started a new one.

I've stopped spearmint for now, because I suddenly began to feel a lot of pain in my esophagus every time I swallowed, and doing a little research I found that spearmint (and peppermint) can have that effect (and is therefore not recommended for people with acid-reflux).
I think I was probably overdoing the spearmint tea, as I upped the dose to counter the effects of the increased sugar intake I've been having lately. Spearmint should probably be cycled then.
I have switched it out with Saw Palmetto, and will ramp up slowly, combining it with the (hopefully) anti-androgen effects of stinging nettle to combat my acne issues.
Since stopping the spearmint the pain in my esophagus has lessened a lot, almost gone.
Users have experienced weight gain, especially in the thighs, with saw palmetto which I welcome as I would like to gain some more weight.

I also want to reintroduce Goat's rue to help keep my blood sugar stable, which would help with my acne/skin inflammation, as well as swelling.

I have stopped noogling completely for now, because I don't have time (or I'm too lazy). I have been doing some massages though.

I've stopped almost completely with any tight pushup bras. My breasts feel much bigger throughout the day when they aren't squished flat.

And I removed my nuvaring on sunday almost a week ago as well as skipped a fennel dose, and got my withdrawal bleed a couple days later, so this system seems to be working good for me. I do feel like my boobs lose a bit of swelling each time I've taken my nuvaring out though, which isn't all that surprising maybe. I'm not getting any spotting anymore. yay!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon