Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Want to start NBE, but got some questions..

Hello! I want to start a NBE routine and after some research, I decided to use Saw Palmetto because it's an anti-androgen. Other than pimples, I have no other symptoms of having too much androgen though. I bought Nature Bound brand with 450mg/pill. Does anyone know what dosage I should take a day? I plan to use it with fenugreek pills I bought and I don't know how much I should take as well.

Anyone with any advice or tips is welcomed!

Which herbs and what dosage sure is confusing. From what I've gathered from other posts, you want to take between 400 and 2300 mg of Saw Palmetto (usually abbreviated in the forum SP) and the same amount of Fenugreek (abbrev FG) some people also add Wild Yam (abbrev WY) in the same dosage. How to figure out how much of each is something I have yet to accomplish.

One common piece of advice is to not start with the full dosage, but ease into it. So you might start with 400 mg for a few days, then up to 800 for a few days, then 1200 for a few days, etc. giving your body a chance to acclimate to the herb and for you to see if you have any adverse reaction to it.

Best of luck.

I was using SP but stopped when i read on numerous sites that it inhibits estrogen activity.or blocks it.which wouldn't that negate the whole point of NBE?

(12-02-2012, 01:40)EricaB Wrote:  Which herbs and what dosage sure is confusing. From what I've gathered from other posts, you want to take between 400 and 2300 mg of Saw Palmetto (usually abbreviated in the forum SP) and the same amount of Fenugreek (abbrev FG) some people also add Wild Yam (abbrev WY) in the same dosage. How to figure out how much of each is something I have yet to accomplish.

One common piece of advice is to not start with the full dosage, but ease into it. So you might start with 400 mg for a few days, then up to 800 for a few days, then 1200 for a few days, etc. giving your body a chance to acclimate to the herb and for you to see if you have any adverse reaction to it.

Best of luck.

Thanks for your input. I'll probably just go up to 1200mg because I'm a small person.

(12-02-2012, 03:07)Diva chick 32 Wrote:  I was using SP but stopped when i read on numerous sites that it inhibits estrogen activity.or blocks it.which wouldn't that negate the whole point of NBE?

Do you have some links to those sites? I'd like to read more about it.

(12-02-2012, 04:11)extrapetite Wrote:  Thanks for your input. I'll probably just go up to 1200mg because I'm a small person.

I'm also very new to this, but unless you are a male by birth I don't see how SP will help you with NBE.

Color me confused.Huh

(12-02-2012, 04:11)extrapetite Wrote:  
(12-02-2012, 03:07)Diva chick 32 Wrote:  I was using SP but stopped when i read on numerous sites that it inhibits estrogen activity.or blocks it.which wouldn't that negate the whole point of NBE?

Hello extrapetite!

I have been trying to find them,haven't had any luck as of yet.the way i came across it was by googling saw palmetto anti estroginic.IM not sure how much truth there is in it But,who knowsRolleyes I will keep looking for them!
Good luck on your journey!

Diva Chick32.

(12-02-2012, 21:41)Diva chick 32 Wrote:  
(12-02-2012, 04:11)extrapetite Wrote:  

Hello extrapetite!

I have been trying to find them,haven't had any luck as of yet.the way i came across it was by googling saw palmetto anti estroginic.IM not sure how much truth there is in it But,who knowsRolleyes I will keep looking for them!
Good luck on your journey!

Diva Chick32.
Here is one that has a bit of info on it. http://www.livestrong.com/article/543983...-estrogen/

Here is a piece of an article I found at http://www.ovarian-cysts-pcos.com/saw-palmetto.html.

Saw palmetto may be helpful in another way. A high level of estrogen may inhibit the elimination of DHT. Some women with PCOS have estrogen levels that are too high. It is reported to have an anti-estrogenic effect, thus helping with the removal of DHT.

Whether it is true or not I do not know. But I am Not going to take it anymore until I find out more info.seems like it would negate the whole point of NBE to me.

(12-02-2012, 21:55)Diva chick 32 Wrote:  Here is a piece of an article I found at http://www.ovarian-cysts-pcos.com/saw-palmetto.html.

Saw palmetto may be helpful in another way. A high level of estrogen may inhibit the elimination of DHT. Some women with PCOS have estrogen levels that are too high. It is reported to have an anti-estrogenic effect, thus helping with the removal of DHT.

Whether it is true or not I do not know. But I am Not going to take it anymore until I find out more info.seems like it would negate the whole point of NBE to me.
Estrogens
Saw palmetto seems to decrease estrogen levels in the body. Taking saw palmetto along with estrogen pills might decrease the effectiveness of estrogen pills.http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/971.html

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon